Your viewing journal

Panzer World Galient - Crest of Iron

That completes my re-watch of Galient ahead of a review on the mecha podcast.

Thunderbolt Fantasy - The Sword of Life and Death

I enjoyed this interlude, simple but it was as entertaining as TF always is, can't wait for the second series to start.

Dragon Slayer & Dragon Half

Another watch ahead of reviews on the podcast which should be recording this weekend.

The Slayers - Episodes 1 - 3

I've been meaning to get into Slayers for ages and after watching the dragon anime this week I was in the right mood to get into the first series before I'm neck deep in mecha again.

Violet Evergarden ep 13 (complete)
The silliness from the end of the last episode continued. If it was that hard for Violet to rip off the bomb from the bridge then surely Benedict would have broken his leg with that stunt.

The scenes with the Major telling Violet that she does have emotions and with his mother were moving, but the "I know what "I love you means"" scene wasn't as much for some reason. And who could that final client be? She seemed surprised then happy to see who it was, possibly the Major, but the reaction would be more exaggerated than that if you saw someone who you thought was dead standing in front of you.

Didn't know how to get a screen grab from Netflix, so this'll have to do for the part where she rips the bomb off the bridge 😄
giphy.gif

Overall, a mixed show. A slow start with hardly any backstory, there's still unanswered questions about how she became an orphan, why and who trained her to be a soldier and how did Dietfried find her? This meant I didn’t really care for Violet in the first 5 episodes, but as she grew it got better with 6 being pretty good and 7-10 being excellent. 11-13 were OK, but after those 4 excellent episodes were a bit of a come down. I've given it a 7 with an extra point for the art and animation which was stunning throughout (even if they actually went OTT with it a couple of times).

One Punch Man eps 7-9
Getting better.

Listed as Zapuni on Crunchyroll
3 music videos made for charity following the tsunami in 2011. My favourite is Blossom directed by Yutaka Yamamoto using Hoppipolla by Sigur Rós, see the Music Discussion thread.

Comic Girls episode 1 This looks like it has some potential, will see where it goes. I just hope the humour calms down a bit.

Dances with the Dragons episode 1 I wasn't very engaged with this at all. Will give it a chance though.

Megalo Box episode 1 Hmm, this could be interesting, will give it the classic 3 episode rule.

Violet Evergarden episode 13 (Complete. A visually pleasing series that suffered from a weak start but built upon it with some very strong stories. It's a shame it couldn't match the quality of certain episodes consistently, but overall it was worth the watch, wouldn't say it was as great as others have made it out to be though.) 3.5/5

Gintama episodes 32-34

Himouto! Umaru-Chan R episodes 11-12 (Complete. This was an improvement on the first series, mainly due to less focus on the more bratty side of Umaru and instead showing more of her interactions with friends. Taihei is also once again very likeable, having his own share of quirky friends including newly introduced characters which were all nicely developed. Overall a worthy sequel, wouldn't mind season 3.) 4/5

Howl's Moving Castle (Film) A bizarre story with some very intriguing and signature Ghibli whimsy/fantasy. I was left a little confused as to certain details, and the narrative felt a bit disjointed at times. The cast were fine, and overall this isn't one of my favourite Ghibli but it still has that touch that other studios don't possess. 3.5/5

Hozuki's Coolheadedness episodes 1-13 (Complete. A fun and quirky dark comedy set in hell. Dark humour takes a lot to pull off, and HC does it well, with a fun cast and an ever expansive hell-scape of fantasy to explore. Onto Season 2.) 4/5

Megalobox ep1

I have never seen such a staggeringly successful attempt at capturing the look and feel of a vintage show, they've absolutely nailed the Osamu Dezaki/Akio Sugino aesthetic down to the smallest detail. My only disappointment is that the episode didn't end on a postcard memory.

Comic Girls (Sub) Episode 1
Not bad but intriguing, Could have been better.

Dances with the Dragons (Sub) Episode 1
Mediocre at best, but I will give it a chance.

Megalo Box (Sub) Episode 1
Really good first episode, The animation is awesome and the futuristic setting is going to make it even more interesting.

Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai (Sub) Episode 1
Good first episode, All the characters are likable. I'm getting a lot of Nozaki-kun vibes from this one.

I really wish I could watch as much anime consistently every day as @HWR does.

Too many distractions when I'm watching on my laptop.

tenor.gif
Yesterday was a lazy day without any gaming so I managed to binge quite a lot. I have no idea how I keep up my consistent viewing, must be the late nights I suppose.

overlord 2 7-9 -im really slowly picking this back up. I'm sorry but after you get ains, the closest thing to a real person and a truly overpowered character, the rest outside of his inner circle just aren't that interesting

monmasume 3-5 - the judging, I would like you to stop!

And I'm currently up to 11 for stiens;gate apparently Netflix knows I've enjoyed it before, and well I'm absorbed in it again

Magical Girl Site ep 1 that was pretty tough to watch
with all the bullying at the beginning and then she gets home just to deal with her brother, I really hope she get revenge on him at some point.
Gurazeni Money Pitch ep 1

Back