Your viewing journal

Amagami SS Plus episodes 3–6

It's been a while since the last one, I know, but it's time for another installment of... "Amagami dialogue out of context". Enjoy.

Ep 3: "When I saw you today, I felt a burst of passion explode. Or like something inside of me awoke."

I'm sure that one works every time in real life, too.

Ep 5: "I was thinking... This just popped into my head, but... I bet I'd fall sound asleep if I laid my head on your belly while you sang a lullaby."

. . . . . o_O

Bonus, this time with context:
Then finally we have the MC's long-suffering best friend who has an unguarded moment surrounded by couples in a busy shopping street at Xmas, and whose job it is to act as a conduit for the thoughts of (surely) a very large percentage of this show's target audience as he yells out in exasperation:
Ep 6: "Why? Why can't I get a girlfriend?!"

(I imagine that'd probably work as a useful bit of encouragement to gee up members of the show's target audience, providing them with something of a spur to help them get fired up and redouble their efforts. For the record, I am not a member of the show's target audience. Or even remotely within its intended age range, for that matter. So... yeah. Whatever.)

Darling in the Franxx ep4 - excellent episode, hoping the plot now progresses. I dont really care for the side character though
Record of Grancrest War ep4 - Vampires now? Really? pacing is all over the place and the lack of character development isnt helping
Garo Vanishing Line ep 16 - shame nobody is watching this, the characters are great and it seems back on track after last weeks narrative detor
Killing Bites ep4 - Enjoyable trash as usual
Overlord ep4 - oh yeah next week going to be gooooood
Violet Evergarden ep4 - some good character development, very much enjoying this
The Ancient Magus Bride ep 17 - lovley winters tale, beautiful as always
Death March Ep 4 - Better episode this week but it's not really blowing me away
Beatless Ep4 - Still not sure about this but its 24 eps so still has time
Fate Extra ep1 - Dear oh dear, dreadful first episode, the only was is up

This Art club has a Problem! episodes 3-12 (Complete. A funny harmless comedy anime, with a likeable enough cast and some bizarre humour. Another solid Crunchyroll blind-watch.) 3.5/5

Basilisk the ouka ninja scrolls episode 2

Still not feeling anything for anyone in this, or just well this show in general. Did basilisk really need a follow up? The ending previously was spot on for me. Maybe I’ll have to pretend this season doesn’t exist if things don’t pick up drastically.

Basilisk the ouka ninja scrolls episode 2

Still not feeling anything for anyone in this, or just well this show in general. Did basilisk really need a follow up? The ending previously was spot on for me. Maybe I’ll have to pretend this season doesn’t exist if things don’t pick up drastically.
I'm up to date and I share your sentiments, it hasn't really gripped me so far, and the characters and story haven't done much for me either.

I'm up to date and I share your sentiments, it hasn't really gripped me so far, and the characters and story haven't done much for me either.

I want to say I’m glad I’m not the only one but honestly, I’m disappointed. The first season was superb (imo at least) and would have preferred they left it at that. It would have taken a real something special to add rather than detract. I wanted this to be that special something.

I want to say I’m glad I’m not the only one but honestly, I’m disappointed. The first season was superb (imo at least) and would have preferred they left it at that. It would have taken a real something special to add rather than detract. I wanted this to be that special something.
Yeah I remember quite liking the original, but so far I've honestly been rather confused. Now maybe this is because I watch on Monday evenings and I'm half asleep but I barely have a clue what's going on. If tomorrow's episode isn't good then I'll likely drop it.

I'm not sure that would be better, I'd have thought that meant they were a now defunct subsidiary of Toyota Motor Corporation.

It would certainly be an interesting twist, but I fear my dream of Shin Getter Car Manufacturer Restructuring is some ways off.

Kakegurui ep3-4

Welp, Midori best girl then. After seeing her in the OP, I did wonder if they'd forgotten to draw in the chambers of her revolver, but I like that it's actually covered at the front so you wouldn't get any clues as to where the bullet is when she does the Russian roulette gag. Nice bit of attention to detail.

Also tried the dub this time. It's fine I guess, perfectly serviceable if you like dubs.

Hunter x Hunter - Episodes 74 & 75 - Well that's the Greed Island arc over (well, I assume so anyway) and as much as I'll miss Bisky, I'm kinda happy to be done with it. Like I don't think it was a bad arc by any means, just felt like not a lot was actually happening for quite a bit of it. But anyway, onto the next arc...

I really should be trying to catch up on the shows I wanna watch this season but I'm already like 4 episodes behind and Monster Hunter is taking most of my free time ;_;

After the Rain ep 4. Akira is just too damned adorable.

ClassicaLoid s2 ep 13-15. This series has really gotten into it's stride now that it has a serial story arc.

Dagashi Kashi s2 ep 4. Getting all dramatic (though it's obviously not really going to go anywhere).

Violet Evergarden ep 4. Just another story of some people and their emotional difficulties. I was hoping this series would be something... more.

And as for my MAL stats:
Screenshot_20180205-041834.jpg

Last edited:
My mal score... only done the a’s So far, plus a couple random titles. Not done rewatches either...

Attachments

• EB255B9D-CA69-40CB-8C8B-BDFAE538C113.jpeg
    EB255B9D-CA69-40CB-8C8B-BDFAE538C113.jpeg
    91.1 KB · Views: 4
Darling in the Franxx - Episode 4

Really getting into this now, I just hope the plot starts to move the whole story along in the next episode.

Shigurui: Death Frenzy eps 7-12
Lots of tension in this show, even when it comes to fights which aren't all a load of flashes like a shounen show.
The end was pretty good as well, but it wasn't the end end, if you know what I mean. But as there is no second season in sight 11 years later and the manga doesn't have a legal translation, as far as I can tell, that's it! I know anime a lot of the time is to advertise stuff so this happens, but that's frustrating as hell.

No pic of the cover as the image is the same as part 1.

Guide to the whether it's a 1st time watch or re-watch: (r) = Re-watch; (x) = First time; (w) = Watched in the last year; (?) = Honestly can't remember!; (na) = Not anime.

Afro Samurai Directors Cut (r)
Afro Samurai Resurrection (?)
Akira (w) Don't own the MF Collection version
Appleseed (r)
Armageddon (x)
Astroboy: Greatest Astro Adventures (x)
Baldr Force Exe (x)
Blood: The Last Vampire (r)
Black Blood Brothers (x)
Black Jack (x)
Bubblegum Crash (x)
Casshan: Robot Hunter (x)
Danté's Inferno (na)
Dead Leaves (x)
Dead Space: Downfall (na)
Ghost in the Shell (w)
GitS: Innocence (w)
GitS SAC: Laughing Man (x)
GitS SAC: Individual Eleven (x)
GitS SAC: Solid State Society (r)
Golgo 13: The Professional (r)
Heat Guy J (r)
Hellsing Ultimate Vols 1-4 (x)
Highlander: The Search for Vengeance (r)
Ichi (na)
Jyu-Oh-Sei (x)
Kai Doh Maru (r)
Karas: The Prophecy/Revelation (x)
Lupin the III: The Secret of Mamo (x)
Macross Plus (r)
Macross Plus the Movie (x)
Millennium Actress (r)
Naruto the Movie: 1 & 2 (x)
Negima!? Spring & Summer OVAs (x)
Neon Genesis Evangelion Death & Rebirth (r)
NGE End of Evangelion (r)
Ninja Scroll (r)
Noein: To Your Other Self (x)
Orguss 2 (x)
Origin: Spirits of the Past (r)
Otogi Zoshi (r)
Perfect Blue (w)
Psychic Wars (x)
Read or Die (r)
She: The Ultimate Weapon (r)
Shigurui: Death Frenzy (x)
Space Adventure Cobra (x)
Strait Jacket (x)
Street Fighter: Alpha (x)
Street Fighter: Alpha Generations (x)
Street Fighter: II (x)
Submarine 707 Revolution (x)
Sword for Truth (x)
Tactics (x)
Tokko (?)
Tokyo Underground (r)
Urotsukidōji: Legend of the Overfiend (r)
Urotsukidōji: Legend of the Demon Womb (r)
Vampire Wars (x)
Virus: Virus Buster Serge (x)
X (x)

Last edited:
Hunter x Hunter - Episodes 76 - 78 - Woah, this arc got kinda dark rather swiftly o_O seems really cool though and I have heard good things about it so here's hoping.

Darling in the Franxx - Episode 2 - Uh. I mean.. its... Well okay. I have no idea if I wanna continue this or not tbh.

Back