Your viewing journal

Killing Bites ep 4
Operation Nothink ;) Sums up this series nicely!

Kokkoku ep 5
Some backstory for one of the antagonists and a little extra information on the phenomenon that provides the hook for the story.

Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens ep 4
Wraps up the intro arc satisfyingly.

Citrus ep 5
Seems a bit deeper than a trashy yuri when they were talking at the grave and things seem smoother between them, but then Mei's father turns up. And that creepy smile doesn't suggest good things!

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san ep 5
More of the same, but still sweet and funny.

When the Wind Blows
So dark for a dark comedy that you forget to laugh most of the time.

Jimmy Murakami: Non Alien
In the extras of above. A documentary film about Jimmy Murakamis (director of above) internment into a concentration camp for Japanese people in America after Pearl Harbour. Not a subject you here much about, seemed pretty harsh especially as he ended up in the worse camp due to his father not selecting the option of declaring loyalty to the US.
I know we did a similar thing to Germans. They were sent to the Isle of Man.

I remember getting that one in school. Don't think I'd ever have accused it of being a comedy...
The "comedy" comes from the naivety they treat the situation (before the bomb), but the situation is grim hence the "dark", but towards the end the situation is so grim that you really can't laugh, so it's more of a drama by that time.

Magus Bride #14

Hmm. Yeah I'm beginning to see what people mean now... Tired of all these oh no Chise in trouble cliffhangers... That said the rest of the episode was pretty poignant.

Gurren Lagann eps 1–4 (rewatch)

If in doubt, watch Gurren Lagann for the third time in nine months. I am evidently in doubt, so I shall take up that suggestion, thanks!

Basilisk: The Ouka Ninja Scrolls episode 5 Alright this was a solid episode so I'll keep watching, but entrusting kids to take on such a threat- what is this Ninja Evangelion?

Tokyo Majin: Dark Arts Chapter
episodes 1-14 (Complete. An entertaining series with a monster-of-the-week like plot and an overall enjoyable story/cast. The last few episodes were especially good. Onto the second Arc.) 3.5/5

Last edited:
Garo: Vanishing Line ep 14. I really liked the characters in this episode, shame we (probably) won't see them again.

The Ito Junji Collection ep 4-5. These stories are just dumb. I don't have much hope left that the rest of the series will be any better.

Hunter x Hunter - Episodes 79 - 83 - Ponzu ;_; for a character who really wasn't in this show, I was pretty sad to see her die lol I swear if they touch Spin ama be real upset >_> I already know about Kite as someone spoiled that for me, which is annoying as I like him. This arc feels so bloody different after the Greed Island one but it's very good and hey, it looks like we're getting a catgirl next episode, so there's that...

Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens ep2

I'm not a great one for picking up on variations in accent or dialect in Japanese, but it did strike me this episode that Yuuki Kaji seems to be playing (or attempting to play) Lin Xianming with a Chinese accent. Not something I've really noticed with non-Japanese characters before, at least other than Weng in Ping Pong.

Back