Your viewing journal

Death March #2

Well this was a much better episode. Still don't like the deaging the MC to be a teen in the game seems a cop out.

Katana Maiden #3

Being a two cour show, I can accept the pace here.

Teasing Takagi #2

As funny as #1, love the use of those side characters too, they may be the funniest part of the episodes actually.

Food Wars S2 #13

No crazy cliffhanger like S1, Stagiaire mini arc was a nice way to wrap the season up.

Fairy Tail OVA 8

Hilarious. Need I add more?

A Place Further Than The Universe Episode 6
This show is still really great. The journey is finally underway, and we're still learning things about the main characters. I also like how their growing a lot more closer together. In one episode they said they where just a group of people with a common dream (going to Antarctica), but you can tell they're becoming actual friends now.

Black Clover episode 18 another decent episode, still nothing amazing though, but I'm keeping this in my schedule since I'm this far in now.

Overlord II
episode 5 Madhouse you absolute Madmen, they actually showed lizard sex.

Tokyo Majin: Martial Fist Chapter/ Stars of Fate
episodes 1-12 (Complete. Most of what I can say about this has already been said with the first arc, though I think this had a slightly stronger story in terms of emotional and character depth.) 3.5/5

Last edited:
A Place Further Than the Universe ep 6 (twice, again!)
Such a great show. I've seen "comedies" less funny and emotive shows less moving than this. It blends both in every episode so effortlessly, in this episode the bond of friendship shown is so moving one moment and then boom, comedy moment. Leaving me with laughing with tears rolling down my cheeks!
The characters are the most "real" I've seen in anime (although to be fair a lot of anime is fantastical) with realistic flaws. They even have a (fairly) plausible way of making it to Antarctica.

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 eps 1-3
I felt the destruction was a little OTT, but then again Tokyo hasn't had a direct hit from an earthquake since 1923, so none of the buildings have been tested by an earthquake with an epicentre so close and so fierce. Mirai seems like a right brat, but I guess she'll grow up through the show after her experiences.

How are you finding it? I found it dreadful but wasn’t really in the state of mind to watch, curious if it’s worth trying again at some point.
Call me controversial but as a massive fan of the manga I didn't hate the anime, the anime only content isn't great but there are some great scenes such as The final interaction between Yoshimura and Yukinori as they drink coffee and put their differences aside for that moment and the soundtrack is superb.

How are you finding it? I found it dreadful but wasn’t really in the state of mind to watch, curious if it’s worth trying again at some point.
I've got to be honest, I'm enjoying it more than the first season so far. Unless it turns to absolute poop in the last 3 episodes I think it's pretty good.

I've got to be honest, I'm enjoying it more than the first season so far. Unless it turns to absolute poop in the last 3 episodes I think it's pretty good.
The last few episodes aren't bad, and it has my favourite aforementioned scene. It's an average anime overall, Sui Ishida derserves better.

Believe me I'd be the first to jump at a readaptation a la Brotherhood, I'm just hoping Tokyo Ghoul: re gets a faithful adaptation.

If that happened I could see it potentially turning out better but I haven’t read the manga so can’t really comment there!

If that happened I could see it potentially turning out better but I haven’t read the manga so can’t really comment there!
The story differences from the manga vary in quality though it's interesting how they incorporated it with narrative from the manga, especially the CCG side. I've seen worse examples of anime only content (A lot of FMA's second half for example.)

Back