Your viewing journal

A day of 2 halves. I started with a triple bill of first episodes of what seemed to be CGDCT shows from the new season. Certainly one definitely seems to be exactly that Laid-Back Camp (or Yuru Camp△) about a group of girls who like camping, and nothing wrong with that. I like Rin, she seems very confident.

Ms. Koizumi Loves Ramen Noodles
seems to have the same structure as Dagashi Kashi. I expect to learn a lot about Ramen. Koizumi-San is an aloof ice queen, but she has one weakness, Ramen. Yuu wants to get to know her, but will have to break through and Ramen will offer her the opportunity. Seems to be a hint of yuri to this one. Least favourite of the 3 at the moment with the 2 MCs characteristics.

My favourite is A Place Further Than the Universe. Definitely something more to this. Mari is a normal high school student who is upset when finds a list of things she wanted to do in high school, but hasn't yet even though she's now in the second year. She tries to tick something off her list, but gets scared. Then she meets Shirase who has one goal in life, to go to the south pole. I really like both of the characters we've met so far and the OP is great. Also Mari is played by Inori Minase (Chi-chan from Girls' Last Tour) and Shirase by Kana Hanazawa (loads of stuff, but I know her as Kuroneko from OreImo).

Then there is Devilman Crybaby (eps 1-3 dub). Couldn't be more different from the previous shows. A trip into the world of devils with psychedelic scenes of sex and violence with a brilliant soundtrack, and a half decent plot. What more do you need?

Junji Ito Collection-Episode 1

This suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks. I can't say I've read the short this was based on, but as someone who has at least read some Junji Ito, this is just not an accurate representation of his work. Ito's work is so great and also iconic due to the grotesque and genuinely unnerving imagery, which this episode didn't even try to represent, instead having the episode just be some dumb kid be an asshole for 20 minutes

Well, I'm with Lemon on this one.. Junji Ito Collection Ep.1 was dire

That is the first time I've been disappointed with an anime. We had 20 mins of utter trash... followed by barely 2 mins of what could have made an interesting short story.

I was expecting Art
I was given whatever the hell this mess is meant to be

Episode 2 has to be better than this. Its not even Kings Game bad.. Its just disappointing. What might be worse in all truth

Devilman Crybaby (Japanese audio) - Episodes 6-10 (Complete)

Re_ZERO_-_Subaru_stoned.jpg

Devilman Crybaby ep1-3

With its own remake having been announced recently, part of me kind of thinks Yuasa's trademark visual style might lend itself better to Cutie Honey, but I'm just being picky - this is very, very good so far. I particularly like the synthy score, it really plays up the trashy '80s video nasty vibe.

Made in Abyss Episodes 8-13 (complete)

I finally got to finishing watching the show from the BDs I bought, and I'll say the anime is fantastic. The last few episodes were extremely impactful, and the use of music really enhanced the scenes.

Definitely one of the best shows this year, and I'm looking forward to the next arc whether that's a film, or series I don't mind.

Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid - Episodes 9 - 13 [Final]

I really enjoyed TSR, Full Metal Panic has been an excellent franchise so far, looking forward to series 4.

Two Car - Episode 12 [Final]

Twocar's plot was really unfocussed, it wasn't really that good.

The Asterisk Wars : Eps 1-5 (Rewatch)
Ms Koizumi Loves Ramen Noodles : Ep 1
Laid - Back Camp : Ep 1
Devilman Crybaby : Ep 1
Record of Grancrest War : Ep 1

Last edited:
Back