Your viewing journal

Devilman Crybaby eps 4-6
Not as intense as the first 3 episodes, but there is some emotional beats and a twist in that the people/demons that seemed to be the big bad of the show die.

Pop Team Epic ep1

Yes, I know a lot of people don't find it funny and it has a large number of fans who are being obnoxious on social media, but I enjoyed it, so boo-urns.

I was completely baffled by Part B being identical to Part A until someone pointed out to me that the VAs had changed though. Skimming through it, the only difference I noticed was that the France segment now had subs.

Junti Ito Collection episode 1 Kid acts like a dick for twenty minutes, my time is wasted. I'll give episode 2 a chance since this is a collection, but what a shite way to start things off.

Pop Team Epic
episode 1 What utter randomness. Sh*tpost the anime. I approve.

Ms. koizumi loves Ramen Noodles episode 1 Hmm not sure what to make of this one so far.

The Ancient Magus' Bride
episode 13 Damn cliffhanger (again) knew something was gonna happen it was too calm an episode

Yuru Camp episode 1 Aw hell yeah cute girls camping.

Rurouni Kenshin
episodes 52-62 (Complete-skipped the filler third season. This is really a series of two halves for me. The first season feels a bit lightweight aside from a bit of blood and the opium arc. The Kyoto Arc on the other hand is a lot of fun, and made me understand just why Kenshin is considered a classic. Shame the last manga Arc wasn't adapted but there's always the manga I suppose. I've chosen to rate the two season separately.) 3/5, 4/5

Pop Team Epic - Ep 1 - What... The... Magical... F' did I just watch... twice(?)

Just checked the CR and HiDive versions, the French bit on HiDive was subbed on both versions, but considering there are hard-Japanese subs only for the 2nd part, maybe the 'joke' was to understand signs... and as I type this, I think I just got the 'joke'.

From what I can tell, HiDive is probably the better translation for the show, plus it has Translation Notes for those that may find that helpful here.

Oh and btw, I think I have a headache from absorbing whatever the hell that was...

Rurouni Kenshin
episodes 52-62 (Complete-skipped the filler third season. This is really a series of two halves for me. The first season feels a bit lightweight aside from a bit of blood and the opium arc. The Kyoto Arc on the other hand is a lot of fun, and made me understand just why Kenshin is considered a classic. Shame the last manga Arc wasn't adapted but there's always the manga I suppose. I've chosen to rate the two season separately.) 3/5, 4/5

And the New manga that oh wait ...Shame the anime will never get relicensed now

The Ancient Magus Bride ep 13

Gunslinger Girl eps 1-3 -
reminds me a bit of Phantom

Also Pop Team Epic can just go and burn. Utter trash, I hate this kind anti comedy show. It's not funny and is just Meme fodder for Twitter. Garbage

Seasonal Stuff so far:

Slow Start - - Slice of Life/School type show
Junji Ito Collection - - Urgh "horror"... This best get better soon
A Place Further than the Universe - - Adventure/Slice of Life type show
Ms Koizumi Loves Ramen Noodles - - Food
Citurs - - Yuri
Sanrio Boys - Cute Guys doing cute things <3

Seasonal Stuff to start:

Mitsuboshi Colors

Last edited:
Junji Ito Collection -

While it started off with one of the slow stories of Souichi it was a fine adaption, and got across Souichi's personality. I'd say it was a poor choice for a starting episode though, but I imagine its because we'll get more Souichi stuff later they wanted to establish him early.

Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card -

It's like I'm watching a 90s anime in 2018. It was great.

Grancrest War -

Was an ok first episode, bit it felt lacking in areas. I hope ep 2 solves this.

The Ancient Magus Bride ep 13 -

I'm actually surprised how far this anime adaption plans to go, and I'm excited to see it to the end.

Citrus-Episode 1

This is going to be trashy in the best way humanly possible.

The Ancient Magus' Bride-Episode 13

What I really hope we get from this second cour (which seems at least plausible given the opening monologue in this episode) is now the characters, relationships and story have all been established, we finally get some sort of overarching narrative in place.

Gakuen Babysitters-Episode 1

Well this seems pretty damn cute and fun, but with a pretty emotional throughline. Definitely think it's one to watch if you like SoL, and animated by Brain's Base, no less.

Citrus Episode 1

A good start to what I expect to be a very bad anime. Also, Nano.RIPE did the OP, so it’s already won OP of the season for me.

Overlord s1 ep 10-12 (complete). This is plenty entertaining enough to watch season two.

Snow White With the Red Hair s2 ep 1-12 (complete). The first half of the series wasn't as good as season one, but in the second half it got back to its best.

A load more first episodes:
Pop Team Epic
Wut!? At least I got most of the references if not the humour of all of it.

Citrus
My first Yuri anime, seems it's going to be fairly trashy, but I think I'm in.

Slow Start
So a 17 year old that looks like a middle schooler is starting high school? And meets 3 new friends, one that looks like a elementary school girl, a hyper girl and one that seems normal.
Not sure I like 2 of the 3 new friends characteristics, but their dynamic seems sweet enough.

Katana Maidens ~ Toji No Miko
The closest thing I've seen to describe this is Yuki Yuna (girls with skills used to beat beasts from another dimension). The ending was quite intriguing.

Record of Grancrest War
The story seems like the plot of a JRPG. And characters even seem to level up. Not sure I'm totally in with the story.

School Babysitters
Seems it'll be quite cute and fluffy, but with some emotion to it.
BTW Does anyone in Japan have parents, it seems in most anime they're either dead or out of the country!

So that's 9 1st episodes I've seen (10 with Devilman Crybaby, but I've seen the whole series so not counting for the next bit). If I were to choose 3 to watch weekly, 3 to wait to binge and 3 to drop (not saying I would actually do this) it would be:

Watch
A Place Further
Katana Maidens
Citrus

Binge
Grancrest
Laid-Back Camp
Ms. Koizumi

Drop
School Babysitters
Slow Start
Pop Team Epic