Your viewing journal

Cardcaptor Sakura-Episodes 23 and 24

Hmm, honestly can't say I'm 100% into the anime original stuff in this. Like, the episodes are fun but are just kind of hollow when you know they're filler and nothing of value gets added to the story, characters or lore of the show. They're just kinda there. No way did this need to be 70 episodes, the manga did everything it set out to accomplish in a way shorter length.

Overlord-Episode 4 and 5

Still enjoying this a fair amount, although I think my expectation of this show was slightly wrong. I thought Ains was going to be the villain, conquering the world all forceful, building an army and all that, so whilst it's still good, I am kind of bummed it isn't that kind of show. I always find it interesting when an anime has the antagonist be the protagonist, if that makes sense.

Yuru Camp-Episode 1

Warm and cozy cute girl camping show? Yes please!

Dagashi Kashi eps 10-12 (complete)
More lewdness in episode 11
b44494252f692d1875de97c7d921f8d81459040336_full.png
Then a hilarious skit about how Lemonade helped open up Japan to the West.

Xi Bai Po - Wang Er Xiao

This appeared randomly on Netflix.
Chinese propaganda cartoon(?) in which a boy helps the 8th Route Army defeat some Japanese soldiers who killed his grandmother (and destroyed his village killing nearly everyone) during the Second Sino-Japanese War (Part of WWII).

The Japanese are portrayed as cruel (I suppose a lot of the soldiers were) and incompetent, and the collaborator was ridiculed throughout. The Chinese were all good Communists with no flaws whatsoever. The character animation was a bit odd, but the backgrounds were nice.

Overlord-Episode 4 and 5

Still enjoying this a fair amount, although I think my expectation of this show was slightly wrong. I thought Ains was going to be the villain, conquering the world all forceful, building an army and all that, so whilst it's still good, I am kind of bummed it isn't that kind of show. I always find it interesting when an anime has the antagonist be the protagonist, if that makes sense.

Nah, you were right in a sense & Season 2 will touch on that more so. Ainz is most definitely a big bad with an ever so slight moral human conscience (at least up to where I've read!) :)

I've been tempted to watch this show for a while based on the character designs alone. Perhaps it's time.
It definitely got a lot funnier as it progressed, and you learn a lot about Dagashi. And with series 2 about to start it's a good time to catch it.
I watched the dub because Funi=dub in my head and I didn't think to check the options. They have both audio options, but I think series 2 is FuniXCrunchy.
The VA for the Hotaru was a bit OTT at first, but I got used to it and it suited the character. I watched a couple of scenes in Japanese and the VA was a bit flatter in comparison.

Junji Ito Collection-Episode 1

This suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks. I can't say I've read the short this was based on, but as someone who has at least read some Junji Ito, this is just not an accurate representation of his work. Ito's work is so great and also iconic due to the grotesque and genuinely unnerving imagery, which this episode didn't even try to represent, instead having the episode just be some dumb kid be an asshole for 20 minutes, in ways that aren't even remotely scary or barely even entertaining. It's easily a contender for the worst of the season already, something I can say with an awful lot of confidence despite only seeing a single other show so far.

Overlord-Episode 6

Are you planning to try A Place Further Than The Universe? First episode was good and seems like your sort of thing.

Can't say I've heard of it! I already have a fairly packed season but if something winds up dropped *cough*Junji Ito*cough* I may end up picking up something in its stead, so I'll keep it in mind.

Back