Your viewing journal

Think it goes back down to one for watching Rwby though ;)

Bite thy tongue, knave! :p

I've gotten quite a few people hooked on RWBY - and some are in their 60's and 70's - my mom, two of my friends, and the neighbor couple, who are the youngest of the crowd, in their early 30's. I am also planning to do one of my Sunday Movie Marathons" in my projection theater for RWBY Volumes 1-3 for my regulars soon, like I've done 5 times already for Studio Ghibli Films - I get about 6-8 people at my marathons, where I'll show 3 movies back to back from 1pm to 8pm, with a break for supper to eat sandwiches ordered from the local pizza shop.

I even imported all of the JP Limited Edition RWBY releases, too... aw heck, I haven't taken a photo of all four volumes together, yet, I need to get on that. You've been spared - for the moment, anyway... ;)

Last edited:
Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid - Episode 1 (Blu-ray)

Gundress

Been meaning to watch this for ages, it was ok, a bit of a mash up of other Shirow manga.

5cm per second rewatch.

Spoilers and a mention of caution before you click that spoiler

I seem have made a pretty dark connection with suicide with this rewatch

First tells a story of two people being split appart and even when they do get to meet each other for one final time, everything tries to stop them

Second tells the story of depression. Never really wanting to be close to anyone and wanting to leave as soon as possible. Always being alone writing messages nobody will see

Finally the real world where everything is expected of you, stuck in a relationship where you dont feel you love the person. And a dead end job

Then the final word.. I quit my job. Someone who has been in such a low mood for all this time they have given up everything. Staring at a high building before it starts replying memories

----

Not sure if its meant to be viewed this way or if its meant for everyone has their own interpretation of the movie

But wow

(Actually now I'm questioning if that wasn't my take on it before... Been such a long time since I watched this last)

Last edited:
Animegataris ep 10-12 (complete). That went full meta really quick. I'm a bit befuddled by it all, kind of like I was after the end of Evangelion (not something I expected to ever say about this series).

Just Because ep 12 (complete). A relatively down to earth romantic sol anime, no over the top characters or fanservice. Fairly slow pace too. I liked it, even if the best girl lost (Ena is awesome and deserved so much better).

Claymore eps 18-20
The Carnage in the North arc. It's cold up North. Warm me, warm me, wrap me ;)

Girls' Last Tour ep 12 (complete)
A look back at the journey and beyond to before the war/apocalypse. And a reminder it's all about friendship.
One thing bugged me throughout
is that they talked about society as if they never met people before, but right at the start they were sent on their way by someone who was obviously someone they knew, so they must have had some sort of education within some sort of society even if it was falling apart at the time. The character style makes it hard to tell just how old they were supposed to be as well. Sometimes they looked childish, but others they looked at lest young adult?
Overall I liked the relationship between the 2 of them, but other things stop it from being my number 1 of the season. The web-manga seems to be on going so if there's enough material I wouldn't mind a second series.

Just Because ep 12 (complete). A relatively down to earth romantic sol anime, no over the top characters or fanservice. Fairly slow pace too. I liked it, even if the best girl lost (Ena is awesome and deserved so much better).

Totally agree best girl lost, it's a shame the series was so predictable

Nisekoi: False Love episodes 14-20 (Complete. Nisekoi is A so-so harem comedy series with some likeable characters and moments. Unfortunately the series falls into the failings of its genre and the whole will they/won't they narrative just falls flat here. It's obvious how the overall series will end, and that someone will get hurt in the process.

The MC isn't bad, but isn't that impressive either, but some of the other characters manage to raise a smile or two. This first season focuses more on the comedy and manages to be entertaining enough, however the filler-ish episodes left me rather bored, and the conflict towards the end just frustrated me with its predictability.Overall, this was alright, but I'm in no rush to seek out the second season.) 2.5/5

Okami-San and her Seven Companions episodes 1-12 (Complete. A fun series with an interesting concept of combining fairytale themes and characters with an anime setting. The characters and humour and solid, though the relationship between the MC and antagonist I found problematic. It deals with some serious themes, but feels somewhat cliched in its presentation in some aspects.

That being said this is a series in which both the tsundere (in this case with a sad past) and the whiny wimpy archetypes actually develop and grow. Overall, this was an enjoyable little series that's well worth a watch. Oh and add this to the list of anime that deserved but never got a second season) 3.5/5

Last edited:
The Dirty Pair ep1 (rewatch)

Been thinking about revisiting The Dirty Pair for a while now and, as we're currently in that nebulous between-season space at the moment for new stuff, now seemed like a good time. I really love this show, I always see something new in it each time I watch it.

The Dirty Pair
The Dirty Pair
Ahem, I believe the only incarnation of Dirty Pair with a The in the title is the Adam Warren comic Prof.

Apologies for being a terrible pedant and happy viewing, but there's something about an unnecessary "the" that puts me on edge, like when people add "the" to band names that don't have it.

Cardcaptor Sakura Episodes 41+42

Now I'm on my PC:

Easily my favorite "Monster of the week" series, not quite my favorite Magical Girl series, but pretty close :)

Reason for this is I love the; Story, Episodic Story (Events that unfold thanks to each Clow Card, may not be directly involved with the overall story), Character Designs, Voice Acting, Animation... generally speaking I love this series.

---

Reason why its not my No.1 Magical Girl series: Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

Back