Your viewing journal

I wanted some comedy "and so" I started Dagashi Kashi because series 2 starts soon. Not really LOL funny at the moment, but lots of interesting facts about dagashi.

Claymore eps 21-26
The big battle went into Shounen trope territory "oh no a more powerful enemy, I better bring out a power not previously seen before! By shouting a lot!!" and forgot its plot. Then halfway through the final battle, which was actually quite spectacular, it suddenly remembered it had a plot about comradeship and tragic pasts and how they're all human really and then ended with a load of questions unanswered!
Question: How different is the manga? It seems it wasn't finished by the time the anime finished.

Talking of warrior women, I finally got round to watching Wonder Woman. Pretty good, one of the better origin movies I've seen.

Last edited:
Persona 4: The Golden Animation episodes 1-12/OVA (Complete. A decent adaptation of the game which sees the P4 story focus on a new character in a sort of new game plus with a new ending. Marie as a character is solid enough, and though her tragic existence acts more like a plot device at times, her relationship with Yu is endearing enough.

A downside is that there's no dub for this, since I preferred the dub cast (I miss Johnny Yong Bosch and co.) The OVA meanwhile acts as a sort of different route which gives a what-if scenario that would possibly count as the worst ending. Overall this was a solid entry into the P4 animation series. 3.5/5

Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom episodes 1-3

T̶h̶e̶ Dirty Pair ep2-4

Episode four is a particular favourite of mine, I think the skit with the section of road hanging from the giant crane really demonstrates the show's impeccable comic timing.

Ahem, I believe the only incarnation of Dirty Pair with a The in the title is the Adam Warren comic Prof.

Don't make me start calling it "Dan et Danny"...

Girls' Last Tour ep 11-12 (complete). I love this kind of mysterious post-apocalyptic story, so it was always certain that I would like this series. The last three episodes were particularly intriguing with regards to the state of the world, and some further elaboration in a second season would be very welcome (I wanna know what's on the highest level dammit).

Kotohana Kitan ep 11-12 (complete). Gorgeous animation with pleasant relaxing characters and stories.

Overlord ep 1-9. Watching this before season 2 starts in a few days. This is very entertaining and eminently marathonable. Who knew watching someone win battles without really trying could be so fun! And Clementine is my new favourite villain in anything, ever.

A Silent Voice -9/10 A thought provoking film that dealt with bullying and mental issues in a way I've not seen before in Anime. It's a gorgeous film it kind of left me wanting a bit more from the story. Aside from some rather choppy editing/ scene transitions it really is excellent.

Thoughts on Devil? I got bored around #9 and haven't gone back since, though I did watch the OVA over the weekend to see what the fuss was about... Umm yeah.

It was fine, kinda felt like a poor mans High School DxD lol. Can't say i'd want to upgrade my Funi standard set to the CE or AL's upcoming CE though.

Nyan Koi episodes 1-6

Last edited:
Dagashi Kashi eps 7-9
Episode 9 was pure filth :D

6FTHXho.jpg

Star Wars eps 7-8
Repeats some ideas from eps 4-6, but still way better than eps 1-3.
Still nothing beats ep 3.5 ;)

Last edited:
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom episodes 14-26 (Complete. This is a dark, depressing and atmospheric thriller series that was never going to end happily-unless you play the game it's based on. I enjoyed the overall story but with certain characters I could see exactly what was going to happen, especially with Cal and her inevitable brainwashing and subsequent death.

The main antagonist was one creepy dickhead, and his death was very satisfying, whilst the other characters varied in quality, especially Cal, who I just flat out disliked after the aforementioned plot point and it dragged down the last third of the anime for me (wish they'd gone with one of the VN endings that fixes this somewhat.) Reiji and Eren are fine enough for their established personalities, and it's nice to see that neither are just bland killers but have character. Overall, this was a solid and melancholic thriller anime.) 3.5/5

Rurouni Kenshin
episodes 1-7

Last edited:
Back