Your viewing journal

Flip Flappers-Episode 6

I'm going to be upfront; this episode actually made me cry a little bit.

Keijo-Episode 6

Yep, that woman just launched missiles from her butt.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable-Episode 33

Wait, how on Earth did that stand user suddenly turn into a book? That seemed so weird. Did he do that to himself?

Drifters-Episode 6

Plot still seems a little bit all over the place. Seems to have to concurrent plots, the Octobrists fighting The Ends and the Elves rising up against the Orte, however I don't think they're being juggled very well and they don't feel balanced or tied together.

The Seven Deadly Sins-Episode 6

I kind of love how ridiculously overpowered all the Sins appear to be so far. Like, the fact that Meliodas and Ban armwrestling can level a building is hilarious.

Digimon Adventure 02-Episodes 33-35

Last edited:
Only Yesterday - Urgh, it was so good ;_; I'm quite weird when it comes to films as I actually tend not to like sitting watching TV for over an hour so I need to be in a certain kinda mood to actually watch one, and tbh I don't think I could have picked a better one based on last nights mood, a good for the soul movie if I've ever seen one. That ending man, you know what's gonna happen in the end but the way it's executed is just perfect, no words said, no overly dramatic BS, no anime nonsense, just...urgh, so good.

It's times like these I wish I wasn't a moron and could actually write so I could properly put down why I loved this movie so much (or at the very least try to) but I am so I can't :p With that said I don't think it's for everyone (then again what is?), but what I can say is I found it to be enthralling and already wanna watch it again, and frankly I'm not sure I can give higher praise than that.

Dragonaut the Resonance ep 10 - 13
Trinity Blood ep 12 - 14
Keijo ep 6
All Out ep 6
Izetta the Last Witch ep 6
Haikyu 3 ep 6
Nanbaka ep 6
The Great Passage ep 4

Danganronpa the Animation (Japanese audio) - Episodes 01-04

The internet went down again so I figured I'll start one of my anime backlog titles. I watched the first episode back on 2nd October 2013 so it's been a while since then. I remember people complaining about the pink blood when they fail to realise it was intentional (and because of the CERO rating system where blood = higher ratings).

PowerDVD tends to act weird every now and then (with weird pixel issues popping on the screen, the common blame is usually a disc with dust but I've noticed this has been occurring with brand new discs) so I decided to stop at the end of the fourth episode rather than more. This is actually the reason why I've been buying less region restricted discs.

Poco's Udon World / Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari Episodes 4-5.

The Japanese title on this one is interesting, although it's kind of odd that both titles mention Udon and Udon has barely been relevant or even appeared in the show. Well, I suppose one connection is the setting and the show does include little comments on places in Kagawa Prefecture (which is apparently known as Udon Prefecture). I'm not sure if the brief segments with the governor are entirely serious but I find them kind of amusing anyway. The other Udon connection is the Udon shop that the father of the main character, Souta, used to run. It hasn't played a major part so far but it does get fairly frequent mentions.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying the show. I thought it was interesting that the focus of the last few episodes has tended to be more on the adult characters than the "child", Poco, and it hasn't even spent too much time on the child raising aspects of the story. I think that has worked quite well for the show so far, it does mean that Poco is somewhat limited as a character but it almost feels like that's by design and Poco is there more to motivate characters to examine their lives. It also helps to give the supernatural elements a little more purpose and it keeps them from overwhelming the show at the same time.

Souta's childhood friend, Shinobu, continues to be one of the strongest characters and his own story about his relationship with his father made for quite a strong episode. It doesn't feel fully resolved at the end but that feels deliberate since change is rarely immediate. It also feels like there's plenty more to do with Shinobu, so I hope he still has several appearances to come.

I did also like the little hints about Shinobu's relationship with Souta, it's probably just going to turn out that he feels responsible for Souta's injury or something along those lines but I can hope for a bit more. I'm not sure the show will ever become too dramatic but it has the potential to continue to be enjoyable either way.

Battle Girls: Time Paradox / Sengoku Otome - Momoiro Paradox Episodes 1-13.

Kind of an odd one this, it was mildly entertaining but there wasn't much to it really.

More thoughts here.

Last edited:
Evangelion 3.33 You Can (Not) Redo - Yes, this is me actually just getting around to watching it and I have no idea what to say about it. When it finished I was kinda like "wtf?" but now that I've slept on it I feel a bit warmer towards it tbh, that's not to say I like it though, but it's not to say I hated it either....I dunno man lol.

Last edited:
I think with Poco's Udon World, the literally Japanese translation of the title is something more like 'Killing Time in Udon Country' which obviously makes more sense in the context of the show.

But yeah, big fan of the show - it's definitely been the surprise hit for me this season - a real slow burner that's totally filled the Sweetness & Lightning shaped spot this season for me.

The Seven Deadly Sins-Episodes 7-12

I really liked Ban's backstory and I thought the way it was told was quite well done. Always a fan of bittersweet things in my anime.

Digimon Adventure 02-Episodes 36-38

"What game should we play next?"
"How about Strip Poker?"

HOW DID THEY GET THAT LINE PAST THE CENSORS?!

I think with Poco's Udon World, the literally Japanese translation of the title is something more like 'Killing Time in Udon Country' which obviously makes more sense in the context of the show.

But yeah, big fan of the show - it's definitely been the surprise hit for me this season - a real slow burner that's totally filled the Sweetness & Lightning shaped spot this season for me.
It doesn't hurt that Souta sounds a lot like Kouhei...

I think I slightly prefer Poco's Udon World so far, although it's hard to say if that's just because I've watched it more recently. I suppose it also has the advantage of having the potential to improve in future episodes. It doesn't have a song about sharks though, which might be a tough one to beat.

Back