Neon Genesis Evangelion ep 9 - 11
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya ep 20 - 22
Silver Spoon ep 10 - 11
Silver Spoon 2 ep 1
Haikyu 3 ep 5
All Out ep 5
Keijo ep 5

Drifters ep5

Anyone know if there's a pattern to the episode names? Feels like I might have read somewhere that they're all musical references, but I don't recognise anything beyond Men of Destiny being a Gundam op.

Edit: Okay, having looked into this, the chapter titles in the manga were all musical references, although I still don't know if there's any particular pattern to them (unlike Hellsing, where each chapter title was the name of a videogame). One guy suggested they were all OP tracks from classic anime series, but this doesn't seem to be true for all them, as far as I can tell.

Ep5 definitely is though. I didn't recognise it, seeing it written in English, but 'Bring Back Love' is of course, Ai wo Torimodose, or if you like, YOU WA SHOCK.

Last edited:
Ajin: Demi Human-Episodes 11-13 (Complete)

An enjoyable show. The only thing I wasn't so keen on was the fact Kei buggers off to a remote location and does literally nothing of importance for the latter half of the series. That and I wish Izumi got more screen time, the idea of having an Ajin on the human side is interesting, and I'd love to know why she chose to side with them and how she ended up where she is, but all we got was her being Tosaki's lap dog. Anyway, I'll be interested to see S2 and how that goes.

Digimon Adventure 02-Episodes 1 and 2

Thank God they got rid of the awful 'Hey Digimon' song and actually got some rock music this time around.

Last edited:
Vision of Escaflowne 1-6 (rewatch)

Been watching with the new dub, and for the most part really like it.

Outlaw Star 1-12 (rewatch)

Absolutely breathtaking on blu-ray, and I'm lovely re exploring space with my favourite space cew.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya ep 23 - 28
Neon Genesis Evangelion ep 12 - 14
Silver Spoon ep 2 - 4
Drifters ep 5
Www Wagnaria ep 6
Bungo Stray dogs ep 17
Girlish Number ep 4

The Vision of Escaflowne episodes 14-18
March Comes in Like a Lion episodes 4 and 5
WWW.Working!! episodes 5 and 6
Izetta: The Last Witch episode 6
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable episodes 31 and 32
Naruto Shippuden episode 482
Sound! Euphonium 2 episode 5
Yuri!!! on Ice episode 5
Haikyuu!! Season 3 episodes 4 and 5
DRIFTERS episode 5
My Wife is the Student Council President!+ episode 5

Finally took the time to catch up on anime.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable (Japanese audio) - Episodes 28-32

Episode 28-29 were on October 15th, 30 was on October 22nd and 31-32 were November 5th.

And now the first Autumn 2016 title I start is...

Keijo!!!!!!!! (Japanese audio) - Episodes 01-03

CwiFHZzWgAAb_sq.jpg

CwiSoIdW8AEko-y.jpg

CwicIKmXgAEjO7q.jpg

CwicJwbXAAAP3Z7.jpg

CwicL7mXgAAcXUj.jpg

CwicQNLXgAAab0O.jpg

Mobile Suit Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Season 2 episode 5
The Vision of Escaflowne episodes 19-26 (COMPLETE) - gave this series a 9/10. Really enjoyable, would've been a 10 if it weren't for the slightly rushed ending. Still, now I just need to watch the film :).
Lucky Star episodes 1-4 - interesting series, and I like it so far. I must admit, not as much as other KyoAni stuff but who knows, it may grow on me even more.

Digimon Adventure 02-Episodes 3-7

I love how the kids from Adventure 01 now look like teenagers barring Joe, who looks like someone's dad

maxresdefault.jpg

Yuri on Ice-Episode 5

I don't know about anyone else, but the ice skating sequences are really starting to lose their novelty now. At first, I was pretty impressed with both the animation and choreography, but now all the different routines are starting to blend together and look really samey. Not to sound like I'm discounting the whole sport of ice skating, but it seems to be nothing but a spins over and over. Even the direction of these scenes feels identical to each other.

Last edited:
Silver Spoon 2 ep 5 - 11
Neon Genesis Evangelion ep 15 - 17
Bungo Stray dogs ep 18
Poco's Udon World ep 5
Occultic Nine ep 5
March Comes in Like a Lion ep 5
Bloodivories ep 5 - 6

Kizumonogatari Part 1: Tekketsu & Kizumonogatari Part 2: Nekketsu:
What on earth was that. The audience laughing at the most unfunny **** didn't help.
Belladonna of Sadness:
Blew me away, a visual/audio tour de force of which we may never see again, a true product of its time, unique and captivating it had me enthralled from opening credits, visceral in its depictions of rape and torture, the images will forever be etched in to my brain, and it juxtaposed with the hauntingly beautiful animation mesmerized and had me spellbound and gasping for air. An experience I won't forget any time soon, one which I was happy to see on the big screen.
The Red Turtle:
:bow: A masterpiece. :bow:
A Silent Voice:
Was alright, nothing too special but inoffensive.

Extensive Belladonna and The Red Turtle review to come.

Ep 5 of Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou vs Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou
Ep 6 of Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season...death flag alert for the next episode for either Takaki or Aston or possibly even both.

Back