Your viewing journal

Digimon Adventure 02-Episodes 8-13

I'm liking this sequel a fair bit more than Adventure 01. I'll save the specifics for my review, but it's almost like someone went through my list of complaints from S1 and fixed them. The only thing I'm a little shaky on so far is the new characters, I'm waiting for the show to do something a bit more interesting with them. In S1, I liked how the characters had real world issues, like TK and Matt's parents divorcing and how that affected their relationship or Izzy's adoption. Sure, they didn't really dig deep into these issues, but they were there, which is more than I can say for Davis, Cody or Yolei. However, I'm only a fifth of the way in, and there's plenty of time left yet for that. If I recall, the characters in the first one didn't really get the development I liked until the latter half of the first series.

Also, JESUS CHRIST IS THAT A CTHULU DIGIMON?!

mQZAssv.jpg

Squid Girl-Episodes 1-5

Where can I sign up to be part of the Squid Army? I want to pledge my body and soul to the inkvasion!

Episode 5: Okay, that last segment with the pet Squid Girl totally took me off guard. Super adorable, but genuinely quite moving and heartfelt too. It was somewhat ruined by contextualising it, but I get why they did.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Noir eps 10-11 (Dropped)

Been a few weeks since i watched this and wasn't too keen on it but wanted to give it another try, still wasn't grabbing me so i decided to drop it.

Ping Pong The Animation eps 1-3

Thought i wouldn't be too keen on this as the art style isn't something i usually like but i'm really liking the series so far.

Occultic;Nine ep4

Certainly a sharp shift in tone back towards the manic after ep3. I can kind of understand why people would be put off by this show - it reminds me a bit of Concrete Revolutio, in that its narrative is so dense and relentless that it often feels like an assault on the senses.

On a more general note, I think not enough is said about how great this show is to look at. The backgrounds are particulalry impressive in their lavish detail, but I also like the scratchy look of the character art - it gives things a faintly retro flavour. Really liked that shot of Gamo reflected in Ryo-tas's eye in this ep too.

Last edited:
Squid Girl-Episodes 6-9

I love how how the fish based puns that make the least amount of sense make me laugh the most.

Scorching Ping Pong Girls-Episode 6

I liked that they fleshed out the friendship between Hokuto and Hanabi and also provided some nice development for Koyori. Looking forward to seeing more of that weird Death girl.

Digimon Adventure 02-Episodes 14-19

Cthulhu Digimon didn't reappear yet, so that's a bummer, but I did see TK punch a dude in the face, so that's a plus.

Last edited:
Moonlight Mile S2 - Touch Down - Episodes 2 - 4

This series is beginning to get really interesting.

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - Episode 31

Yuri!!! On Ice - Episode 5

Yuri on Ice-Episode 5

I don't know about anyone else, but the ice skating sequences are really starting to lose their novelty now.

I started to feel the same way while watching this episode, and I imagine some of the next episodes might get repetitive too as Yuri goes from one competition to another.

Squid Girl-Episodes 1-5

Where can I sign up to be part of the Squid Army? I want to pledge my body and soul to the inkvasion!

Episode 5: Okay, that last segment with the pet Squid Girl totally took me off guard. Super adorable, but genuinely quite moving and heartfelt too. It was somewhat ruined by contextualising it, but I get why they did.
Given that Squid Girl tends to lean heavily into the comedy end of the spectrum, that Mini Squid Girl segment was a surprise and a pleasant one at that.

I find that my favourite slice of life/comedy shows tend to be the ones that can cover a variety of moods and emotions. Even if it's just the occasional episode, it can make a big difference to the show as a whole. Though it probably doesn't apply here, I think it can also contribute a lot to the characters and give them more depth.

Squid Girl is just great all around really.

Drifters - Episode 5 - Good stuff, can't wait to the next episode after that ending, he better $%£^ em all up.

Izetta: The Last Witch - Episode 6 - *sigh* Tone of this episode was all over the place, almost felt like filler. Also relevant....
9e240fc1c58f44b80fd491530acc6121-incredible-fire-emblem-disguises.jpg

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - Episode 30 - I enjoyed this as usual but a full blown war is something this show really needs tbh lol.

A Certain Scientific Railgun - Complete - This first half of the series was great then after about episode 15 it got bogged down with pointless filler and fan service episodes. It really dragged the series down, it only really recovered in the last couple of episodes. I hope season 2 shows better consistency as S1 was a real mixed bag.

Occultic;Nine ep5

Heard it third-hand, but according to reddit, there are various clues throughout the previous episodes implying that Gamota is one of the drowned people. I clocked that Touka is most likely dead from ep4, but Gamota would be more surprising. Could see myself going back to rewatch the earlier episodes to check the timeline more closely.

KonoSuba ep1-4

Don't think it's one for the ages, but it's nicely animated and reliably funny, even if I kind of hate myself for laughing so much at Darkness. Having a dig at Saber's misadventures in F/SN is probably deservered, but still seems slightly cruel...

Digimon Adventure 02-Episodes 20-25

Really liked that Ken centric episode. I'm glad this second season isn't afraid to have episodes that aren't all fighting, unlike Season 1.

The Seven Deadly Sins-Episodes 1-3

Very enjoyable thus far, really loving the animation, A-1 have really outdone themselves. Shame no one has this for the UK yet.

Sound! Euphonium S2-Episode 6

Some nice character depth for Taki here. Kumiko really needs to tell Reina about Taki's dead wife.

Mahou Shoujo Nante Mou Ii Desu kara. 2nd Season-Episode 6

You can always count on Chiya to be prepared!

The Seven Deadly Sins-Episodes 1-3

Very enjoyable thus far, really loving the animation, A-1 have really outdone themselves. Shame no one has this for the UK yet.

It's because it's a Netflix exclusive anime and unfortunately their shows take quite awhile to come out on disc, so far the only one if their exclusive anime to come out on disc is Knights of Sidonia. I hope AL do get it as I'd like to see a good CE for it.

Gonna be the Twin-Tail! eps 1-3

Ping Pong The Animation ep 7

Yup, it's a shame Manga weren't able to grab Seven Deadly Sins along with Sidonia - if they dead, I'd grab it straight away as I don't have Netflix.

Back