Where to Buy Anime in the UK (was Anime Online Retailers)

I honestly found Anime On-Line's 2002-era amateur project design quite charming in its own naff way. Not enough to excuse the frankly awful search engine, or the front page lists, which hadn't been updated in 4-5 years, but there was a fun little 'my first internet' feel to it.

Hopefully the redesigns adds better functionality to the site. Also, while they're at it, maybe start including blu-rays as part of their weekly offer deals.

They somehow managed to make the search way worse. The more specific I am in my search, the more results I get. How does that make any sense?

I mean, look at this right here:
gTvIVn0.png

Last edited:
It probably searches for the words individually and then returns everything that was found. In this case, the word 'the' alone produces 7064 results, which likely include the results for both 'beyond' and 'boundary'; hence the same total amount of products found.

Last edited:
Is WOW any good?. I saw they had the Squid Girl BD for way less than UP1 (though if or not it's geo locked which at least means I can play it on my PS4, I don't know) and other titles I want for either way less or just a few pounds less

Is WOW any good?. I saw they had the Squid Girl BD for way less than UP1 (though if or not it's geo locked which at least means I can play it on my PS4, I don't know) and other titles I want for either way less or just a few pounds less
They're very decent, though I've been making use out of DeepDiscount who are owned by the same people and semi-frequently offer discount codes
There's also a thread on here for Wow HD
Wow HD Discussion Thread

If you mean WOWHD yeah they are good. Used them several times. May be worth checking deep discount first. It's the same company but the prices are cheaper. No import fees for either

Just emailed taketimeout as there site has been down for a while.

Here is there response.

Hi Denny,

Our entertainment partners are currently in the process of launching a new site. Hopefully, this will go live tomorrow. We advise you to check tomorrow. If not we hope it will be live by the Bank Holiday weekend. Unfortunately, this is out of our control as it is our partner who is conducting the maintenance on their site. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Real sad times there, didn’t they almost close down a few years ago? I wonder if Fopp will survive?
Fopp only have a few stores, but they are owned by HMV so they could go too. It's also bad news for Manga who still shift slot of stock through HMV.

If the Fopp in Covent Garden closes I’ll be devastated. I have a decent amount of HMV pure points so I guess I’ll have to use them soon.

HMV already closed all of their shops near me so it feels as though they completely disappeared the first time around. Sad news for those who still had one locally, though; hope you all get to spend your points today. Shopping for anime on the high street is something I only do when overseas these days :(

R

Back