Where to Buy Anime in the UK (was Anime Online Retailers)

Discussion in 'Anime Industry Discussion' started by CDAdair, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Lutga

Lutga Mad Scientist

Re: Where to Buy Anime in the UK (was Anime Online Retailers

Gave Rakuten a try yesterday for MVM's DOTW and found it awful - couldn't even log into my account after transferring it from Play.com

2. YukiFan

YukiFan School Idol

I don't know if I'm asking this in the right place but how long does it take for Zavvi to dispatch orders? I ordered Kill La Kill Part 1 on the 4th April and they still haven't despatched it yet.

3. Peachy

Peachy Bumpkin AUKN Staff

Odd, it should've been dispatched by now (I've never had an order take less than a few days to be posted). It's possible that they're waiting for more stock.
    When I've had general troubles with them before, I've tweeted https://twitter.com/zavvihelp/ and they've been super helpful so I'd recommend asking them about the status of your order.

4. YukiFan

YukiFan School Idol

Thanks, I've just tweeted them so hopefully that'll sort it.

5. elaniel

elaniel Vampire Ninja

Has anyone used EyeOnAsia for pre-ordering Blu-Rays?

If so, how are they? I want to pre-order A Lull In the Sea from them, but want to make sure they ship earlier than Amazon normally do.

6. Morbo

Morbo School Idol

I pre-ordered Garden of Sinners from them and it arrived on release, which I was happy about as it was 22nd December so I could spend Christmas watching it.

I think I'll join you with ordering A Lull In the Sea from them seeing as its £80.74 with the 5% discount for new account holders. (I just use a new email each time I order from them)

7. elaniel

elaniel Vampire Ninja

Thanks!

I have just ordered it now. :) Was a good price compared to other retailers (and don't imagine Amazon dropping any lower than the same)

8. Rob F1UK

Rob F1UK Dandy Guy, in Space

Anyone know what's up with Eye On Asia - there aren't replying to order queries on Facebook, Twitter or via email..?

9. NoSurprises

NoSurprises Great Teacher

Made a similar post in the figures thread, I just assumed they'd gone bust or something.

10. Just Passing Through

Just Passing Through Guild Member

Were they at MCM Expo? They might have had to shut up shop for the weekend the way MVM do.

11. NoSurprises

NoSurprises Great Teacher

They stopped responding to emails around mid September, think their listed phone number is now dead too.

12. Rosencrantz

Rosencrantz Dragon Knight

Noticed something interesting on United Publications, one of my orders is flagged as 'ordered before price change'

Which led me to note they don't seem to be offering much of a discount on Funimation items anymore, it used to be around 22% and now it's dropped to nothing on the UK site and 10% on the US site for new releases.

13. It's probably due to Funimation switching to Universal for distribution. Viz use Warner and their releases have small discounts on UP as well.

I don't really know it works but distributors/retailers must get lower discounts on the stock they buy.

14. Buzz201

Buzz201 Cardcaptor

It was noted that Viz Media products never went on sale on RightStuf after Warner took over their distribution. I'm guessing it's harder to get discounts from big companies.

15. mrclt1994

mrclt1994 Hunter

Digimon Adventure Tri is going to be available in the US, Canada, Australia and parts of Latin America today at 7:00am PST. Looks like we're not getting anything which I am extremely annoyed about.

16. crashmatt

crashmatt Vampire Ninja

Anyone having problems with Zavvi? I ordered Patema inverted and after 5 days they have still not dispatched it. If it wasn't such a good price I would just cancel the order and buy it from Base.

17. ilmaestro

ilmaestro State Alchemist

With every order I've ever made from them that wasn't a preorder, yes. I've found their service to be consistently slow.

18. Buzz201

Buzz201 Cardcaptor

Only that they keep emailing me asking if I meant to buy a completely unrelated product. After I cancelled an order (or maybe because I dared to visit their site and not buy anything).

19. crashmatt

crashmatt Vampire Ninja

I don't think I will be using Zavvi again after this regardless of how cheap an item is.

20. Robbl

Robbl Dandy Guy, in Space

I won't be buying anything from Zavvi anymore because they delivered the product in a crushed state and their customer service is lackluster.
    Does anyone have experience with international deliveries from Anime-on-line? I contacted them and asked what they use for shipping and the said that they normally use jiffybags. I'm not sure if Jiffybags are safe because the pressure is directly applied to the product and I had several experiences where the product arrived crushed(FMA:B, Attack on Titan, SAO II, maybe it was because they all had placeholders). I'm considering buying the Fate/stay night UBW BDs from Anime-on-line(£60) because they're much more expensive on Amazon as of right now (£90). It also depends whether they're going to make a 'company promotion' case or a rigid art case.