Where to Buy Anime in the UK (was Anime Online Retailers)

Re: Where to Buy Anime in the UK (was Anime Online Retailers

Thanks!

I have just ordered it now. :) Was a good price compared to other retailers (and don't imagine Amazon dropping any lower than the same)

Rob F1UK said:
Anyone know what's up with Eye On Asia - there aren't replying to order queries on Facebook, Twitter or via email..?
Made a similar post in the figures thread, I just assumed they'd gone bust or something.

Just Passing Through said:
Rob F1UK said:
Anyone know what's up with Eye On Asia - there aren't replying to order queries on Facebook, Twitter or via email..?
Were they at MCM Expo? They might have had to shut up shop for the weekend the way MVM do.
They stopped responding to emails around mid September, think their listed phone number is now dead too.

Noticed something interesting on United Publications, one of my orders is flagged as 'ordered before price change'

Which led me to note they don't seem to be offering much of a discount on Funimation items anymore, it used to be around 22% and now it's dropped to nothing on the UK site and 10% on the US site for new releases.

It's probably due to Funimation switching to Universal for distribution. Viz use Warner and their releases have small discounts on UP as well.

I don't really know it works but distributors/retailers must get lower discounts on the stock they buy.

It was noted that Viz Media products never went on sale on RightStuf after Warner took over their distribution. I'm guessing it's harder to get discounts from big companies.

Digimon Adventure Tri is going to be available in the US, Canada, Australia and parts of Latin America today at 7:00am PST. Looks like we're not getting anything which I am extremely annoyed about.

Anyone having problems with Zavvi? I ordered Patema inverted and after 5 days they have still not dispatched it. If it wasn't such a good price I would just cancel the order and buy it from Base.

Only that they keep emailing me asking if I meant to buy a completely unrelated product. After I cancelled an order (or maybe because I dared to visit their site and not buy anything).

I won't be buying anything from Zavvi anymore because they delivered the product in a crushed state and their customer service is lackluster.
Does anyone have experience with international deliveries from Anime-on-line? I contacted them and asked what they use for shipping and the said that they normally use jiffybags. I'm not sure if Jiffybags are safe because the pressure is directly applied to the product and I had several experiences where the product arrived crushed(FMA:B, Attack on Titan, SAO II, maybe it was because they all had placeholders). I'm considering buying the Fate/stay night UBW BDs from Anime-on-line(£60) because they're much more expensive on Amazon as of right now (£90). It also depends whether they're going to make a 'company promotion' case or a rigid art case.

Bad new from United Publications - The £ vs $ slide has finally meant they are reviewing DVD/BD prices. Had an e-mail today saying they will shortly be re-pricing, though they hope to honour pre-orders where possible.

Rather interestingly they also seem to have re-priced their US site, I'm actually seeing a few items that I paid in £ that are now cheaper in $ due to discounts despite the poor rate.

Explains why Nadesico Blu-Ray was cheaper on USA site (very close to TRSI price) and not cheaper on UK, like has been the last few months.

Back