Where to Buy Anime in the UK (was Anime Online Retailers)

I'm glad they're updating it as their site design is awful and it takes longer to search for things than it should (or maybe I'm just thick, but no matter what I search I get a crapload of results that don't even seem related).

I'm glad they're updating it as their site design is awful and it takes longer to search for things than it should (or maybe I'm just thick, but no matter what I search I get a crapload of results that don't even seem related).
I agree. The site felt like 2006 old. I hope they improved their search engine and filtering.

To get around that, you had to search for something and then tick the box that said something along the lines of 'exact phrase' and then re-search for it

I agree. The site felt like 2006 old. I hope they improved their search engine and filtering.
It felt older than that. If I remember correctly, their about section mentioned VHS releases.

I honestly found Anime On-Line's 2002-era amateur project design quite charming in its own naff way. Not enough to excuse the frankly awful search engine, or the front page lists, which hadn't been updated in 4-5 years, but there was a fun little 'my first internet' feel to it.

Hopefully the redesigns adds better functionality to the site. Also, while they're at it, maybe start including blu-rays as part of their weekly offer deals.

Seronas

Student Council President
They somehow managed to make the search way worse. The more specific I am in my search, the more results I get. How does that make any sense?

I mean, look at this right here:

Last edited:

Strat

Great Teacher
It probably searches for the words individually and then returns everything that was found. In this case, the word 'the' alone produces 7064 results, which likely include the results for both 'beyond' and 'boundary'; hence the same total amount of products found.

Last edited:
Is WOW any good?. I saw they had the Squid Girl BD for way less than UP1 (though if or not it's geo locked which at least means I can play it on my PS4, I don't know) and other titles I want for either way less or just a few pounds less

Is WOW any good?. I saw they had the Squid Girl BD for way less than UP1 (though if or not it's geo locked which at least means I can play it on my PS4, I don't know) and other titles I want for either way less or just a few pounds less
They're very decent, though I've been making use out of DeepDiscount who are owned by the same people and semi-frequently offer discount codes
There's also a thread on here for Wow HD
Wow HD Discussion Thread

If you mean WOWHD yeah they are good. Used them several times. May be worth checking deep discount first. It's the same company but the prices are cheaper. No import fees for either

Just emailed taketimeout as there site has been down for a while.

Here is there response.

Hi Denny,

Our entertainment partners are currently in the process of launching a new site. Hopefully, this will go live tomorrow. We advise you to check tomorrow. If not we hope it will be live by the Bank Holiday weekend. Unfortunately, this is out of our control as it is our partner who is conducting the maintenance on their site. We apologise for any inconvenience.