Where to Buy Anime in the UK (was Anime Online Retailers)

NormanicGrav

Yume no Shima Shinen Kōen
AUKN Staff
I had an order ship on Tuesday that only arrived today. I think royal mail is being a bit slow at the moment. I've noticed it with some other stuff as well.
Royal Mail is a bit random. Sometimes they get through a 1st class package pretty quickly but in other cases it would be 2-3 days later.

At least it ain't Amazon where a Prime order went to Hermes rather than Amazon Logistics.

Denny Fisher

Stand User
Well I'm still waiting on some orders from Australia and the USA

Also I've noticed the UK's usually 2-5 day is turning into a 7 day wait which is to be expected.
Especially since I've had a different postman every day this week

demonix

Straw Hat Pirate
I had an order ship on Tuesday that only arrived today. I think royal mail is being a bit slow at the moment. I've noticed it with some other stuff as well.
^Pretty much that as I has an item (not from UP1, but was sent by royal mail) dispatched on Tuesday, and I only just got the red card of you need to collect this from the sorting office as nobody answered when we knocked today which pretty much means that royal mail is in slower then normal mode.

Denny Fisher

Stand User
^Pretty much that as I has an item (not from UP1, but was sent by royal mail) dispatched on Tuesday, and I only just got the red card of you need to collect this from the sorting office as nobody answered when we knocked today which pretty much means that royal mail is in slower then normal mode.
Well be glad there not just leaving it at the door which they have done twice at mine now without knocking.
Thank god I have a side door that bangs so I know when the post has been. Yet I would hate to think what they will do if I wasn't out walking the dog or gone shopping.

Darren Skippings

Brigade Leader
there seems to be a delay with royal mail, it's to be expected, with what is going on, I'm also waiting on bits from Australia and US through UP1, that were ordered last month but they'll turn up when they turn up, things are hard enough, so no point adding to it.

D1tchd1gger

Shinki
I had something ship 3 days ago. Invoice says Standard shipping, but it's the first time I have used the company so I'm not sure how quick that normally is. I think they use RM, so I'm guessing it normally would be here by now.

Darren Skippings

Brigade Leader
under usual circumstances UP1 orders would be with you 1-2 days, with COVID seems to be a regional delay, of between 2-4 days extra, still quite good, definately not the worst I've heard of.

Wicker

Completely Average High School Student
has anyone ordered from otaku .co.uk before? Just wanted to confirm that the site was legit/safe as I've seen something OOP that Ive been searching for.

Denny Fisher

Stand User
has anyone ordered from otaku .co.uk before? Just wanted to confirm that the site was legit/safe as I've seen something OOP that Ive been searching for.
It's a site that has been confirmed not to charge import fees. Unfortunately I haven't used them myself.
Feel free to take a look at the other sites too

Gemsy-chan

Claymore
I've ordered from them in the past (many many years ago) and had no problem. If the item is in stock then I would go for it, but if its backorder or order it in for you it can take many months if at all.

SteadyHandMcDuff

Completely Average High School Student
Hi, yes I ordered a few things from them around the end of last year and they're legit. One thing though, I ordered a first print Zelda OST that had gone OOP elsewhere from them but they sent a regular one instead.

So be careful if your item comes listed with any first print bonus items or similar, as I don't think they update their listings to reflect they've not got them anymore.