What you guys doing right now.

ayase said:
Sat down a few hours ago to finally read Watchmen. Before I know it I'm on Chapter 11 and it's 2am. Mind blowingly brilliant stuff... Hard to see how the film will ever live up to it, it would need to be about six hours long.

Watchmen is incredible! :]

I think they could effectively squeeze the graphic novel into one movie, though. I've heard some people that it would need to be a trilogy but I don't agree at all. One movie should do it justice.

I keep thinking I must have read the wrong Watchmen (we are talking about the one with Doctor Manhattan and Rorschach and some strange plot to end world hostilities right?) because it bored me to tears and put me to sleep.

But then nearly all of Alan Moore's work does that to me

I'm hoping to finish reading Watchmen tonight, as I didn't have time earlier in the week. It's brilliant stuff so far. Looking forward to seeing the film as well. It was quite quality timing that I got round to getting and reading it so soon before the film.

theunderfiend said:
I keep thinking I must have read the wrong Watchmen (we are talking about the one with Doctor Manhattan and Rorschach and some strange plot to end world hostilities right?) because it bored me to tears and put me to sleep.

But then nearly all of Alan Moore's work does that to me
c_c

(I had to look up an emoticon for "disbelief" there. I quite like it actually, it was worth the time). What Alan Moore have you read? I mean none of it's particularly action packed or anything but to me his books seem insightful, clever, and most of all very human. Halo Jones, From Hell (and by the looks of it Watchmen too) are all up there in my absolute favourites pile.

Interesting to see a few of us are reading it at the moment. Did you guys wait for the lower priced standard-sized hardcover to come out too?

I have read Watchmen, From Hell, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen 1 & 2 and a few Swamp Things from his run on the character

and the one thing they all have in common is that once was enough for me

I think the problem is that I never care about any of his characters, especially those in Watchmen (they are all so blasé to me)

After a long time away from the forum due to work (I've been crazy busy) I thought I would swing by to see how everyone's doing.

Currently, taking a break from writing and listening to that L'arc en Ciel song - the really nice one, 'My Heart Draws A Dream.'

posting here a little after practicing the guitar a bit.

Manga Girls said:
After a long time away from the forum due to work (I've been crazy busy) I thought I would swing by to see how everyone's doing.

Currently, taking a break from writing and listening to that L'arc en Ciel song - the really nice one, 'My Heart Draws A Dream.'

Hello! welcome back! I take things must have settled down a bit now after the holidays isn't it? Glad to see you back.

Hey there chaos

Thanks for your warm greetings. It's still busy but a managable busy.

Reading the day's newspapers and searching the cupboards for something sweet. I fancy cake, but I don't think there is any.

M.G xx

I'm trying to force myself to study for my mathematics exam tomorrow, but getting nowhere. Instead, I'm just watching the Ugly Betty wepisodes which is much more fun :]

I'm crying right now, it's the first anniversary of the Joker's death and I can't get ahold of myself after that amazing performance, I'm so emoti-- ... Wait, he has a name, Heath Ledger, yeah? And he's been in more films than just "The Dark Knight" so I hope he's remembered for more than just that "Joker" role.

Lupus Inu said:
I'm crying right now, it's the first anniversary of the Joker's death and I can't get ahold of myself after that amazing performance, I'm so emoti-- ... Wait, he has a name, Heath Ledger, yeah? And he's been in more films than just "The Dark Knight" so I hope he's remembered for more than just that "Joker" role.

His best performance was in A Knights Tale...

Sending emails through cyber space.

In a bit of a funk today, and the rain isn't helping. But I'm going to do something about it rather than sulk. So I'm getting ready to go into town to buy some manga, do some shopping, eat good food. Normal stuff. I don't think I've done normal for quite some time.

Came home recently, p***ed off from uni. Even though I had priority in the department, a class from elsewhere practically shoved me out the room so I couldn't work in it! I'd complain if it wasn't the fact they were only in there for roughly 30mins... It was just rude of the tutor to just barge in like that.

So atm, I'm calming down, getting dinner ready.

Jayme said:
Spyro201 said:
Brokeback. The Joker was good, though. Mainly, his vocal performance I thought.

Lords of dogtown :twisted:

Watch lords of dogtown, then watch the documentary with actual footage of skip (the person ledger plays), the film is called 'Dogtown and the Z-boys' and everything what he acts is identical; His voice, his attitude, the way he walks, his facial expressions, etc. he pulls them all off really well in his own style of acting. Plus, both films are awesome :D

Yagami said:
Jayme said:
Spyro201 said:
Brokeback. The Joker was good, though. Mainly, his vocal performance I thought.

Lords of dogtown :twisted:

Watch lords of dogtown, then watch the documentary with actual footage of skip (the person ledger plays), the film is called 'Dogtown and the Z-boys' and everything what he acts is identical; His voice, his attitude, the way he walks, his facial expressions, etc. he pulls them all off really well in his own style of acting. Plus, both films are awesome :D

I agree with Spyro, A knight's tale was awesome. Dark Knight was great as well.

After sleeping for the better part of a day yesterday(through to this morning), woke up and nearly forgot i was going paintballing this morning, was still great fun, but i'dve been better if i was a bit more awake. Went to PizzaHut after getting a shower, so has been a good day so far. Just relaxing for the rest of the evening now.

Back