What you guys doing right now.

Tired out so much; Four hours of intense moshing. Just been to kerrang relentless tour - To anyone who is going soon, it was awesome! Dir en grey were easily the best performers. And, although I didn't like the music, Bring me the Horizon was the best at getting everyone into it. MSI were funny. Black tide were very bad live; The lead singer was singing in a bad tone/voice, there was a certain note that buzzed (mic was set wrong probably) and no one really got into moshing; Although, there album is awesome. Oh, and I sadly missed In case of Fire, they must of only did 2 or 3 songs; But I still got a sticker! ;D

Cooking a cheese toastie and watching Scrubs.
Spyro201 said:
Lupus Inu said:
I'm crying right now, it's the first anniversary of the Joker's death and I can't get ahold of myself after that amazing performance, I'm so emoti-- ... Wait, he has a name, Heath Ledger, yeah? And he's been in more films than just "The Dark Knight" so I hope he's remembered for more than just that "Joker" role.

His best performance was in A Knights Tale...
Nope. That honour goes to 12 Things I Hate About You.

re-watching Boogiepop Phantom. Three is the charm =)

Yagami said:
Tired out so much; Four hours of intense moshing. Just been to kerrang relentless tour - To anyone who is going soon, it was awesome! Dir en grey were easily the best performers. And, although I didn't like the music, Bring me the Horizon was the best at getting everyone into it. MSI were funny. Black tide were very bad live; The lead singer was singing in a bad tone/voice, there was a certain note that buzzed (mic was set wrong probably) and no one really got into moshing; Although, there album is awesome. Oh, and I sadly missed In case of Fire, they must of only did 2 or 3 songs; But I still got a sticker! ;D

I think I'll love going there... =)

Currently Listening to Boom Boom Satellites EXPOSED album. Went into it only knowing Shut Up and Explode from Xam'd, and have to say, the album is pretty darn good, and normally i'm not into this style of music. Got a couple favourites from it too, mainly Upside Down and Intergalactic(excluding Shut Up and Explode). Asides from that, just about to head off to the shops to get dinner for Burns Night. No Haggis for me tonight, noone else in the flat likes it =/

Just got back from work. Watched the new Skip Beat episode and put a new background on my laptop - it's the movie poster for the fictional movie in the anime called Dark Moon. Nice pic.

Yagami said:

Bring me the Horizon are uber ****.

And how the **** can you 'intesly mosh' to MSI?

Go listen to some metal bra'.

Spyro201 said:
Yagami said:

Yeah, I hate BMTH's music, but they put on a good show. Their lead singer was really getting into it.

And people mosh to anything; Even Dizzie Rascal :lol:

Yagami said:
Spyro201 said:
Yagami said:

Yeah, I hate BMTH's music, but they put on a good show. Their lead singer was really getting into it.

And people mosh to anything; Even Dizzie Rascal :lol:

**** band = **** show ;) :p

Also theres a difference between pansy dancing and moshing d00de. I bet the Dizzae Rascal crowd wont be anything compared to CC/CoF/Megadeth/Metallica/Bodom/ALL METAL

Spyro201 said:
Also theres a difference between pansy dancing and moshing d00de.
Some metal fiend I know is going just for BMTH and he likes like... every Metal band I know. A while ago at the mention of BMTH he was like "**** band, ****." Now he loves them in secret. I don't mind BMTH, they're alright, new **** is better though I can actually understand what they're saying sometimes.

I'm going tomorrow for all of the bands myself except In Case of Fire since it'll be a surprise as to what they sound like though I'm not expecting much. Also, as much as I like Dir en Grey they're really quite ****** live, maybe being in the crowd will be a better experience but just watching the videos on youtube of them performing live it just seems dire.

Lupus Inu said:
Spyro201 said:
Also theres a difference between pansy dancing and moshing d00de.
Some metal fiend I know is going just for BMTH and he likes like... every Metal band I know. A while ago at the mention of BMTH he was like "**** band, ****." Now he loves them in secret. I don't mind BMTH, they're alright, new **** is better though I can actually understand what they're saying sometimes.

I'm going tomorrow for all of the bands myself except In Case of Fire since it'll be a surprise as to what they sound like though I'm not expecting much. Also, as much as I like Dir en Grey they're really quite ****** live, maybe being in the crowd will be a better experience but just watching the videos on youtube of them performing live it just seems dire.

Nah this scene kid in my music class loves them, which generally means il hate them. He's into like Blink 182, Angels and Airwaves, etv., **** like that.

Hope you enjoy Dir En d00de ;)

Spyro201 said:
Also theres a difference between pansy dancing and moshing d00de. I bet the Dizzae Rascal crowd wont be anything compared to CC/CoF/Megadeth/Metallica/Bodom/ALL METAL
Moshing is for posers. There's nothing cool or fun in injuring yourself or others whilst "listening" to random ****** metal.

Alright, so I went yesterday and got back like 12:30:am, but where do I begin... ok, well, first off. I met my friend and his girl friend and we went together but my brother went ahead with his friend and expected me to take photos, so I got there and my brother with his friends was at the front of the queue and he told me BMTH weren't playing because Oli was sick. (****.)

So we started going the back of the queue because my brother told me to get the back. (WTF?) But we jumped in with some guy who my friends girlfriend knew unimportant stuff happened then we went in got into the front and it all started.

In Case of Fire played first and they were alright, had some decent feedback mostly, they weren't very... open towards the crowd but they tried, I didn't know they were Irish though. Can't say I'm a fan from what they played but it was good to start with.

Next up, Black Tide, I only knew a few songs by them off by heart, I just listen to them while doing something and don't really pay attention. Some guy said they were amazing live with they played on the BFMV tour (Lol.) They were pretty good though, the crowd was quite wild for them playing Heroes of Time and Shockwave as well as the Metallica cover "Hit the lights" (No Prowler? RAGE.) The back up singer was the one who spoke though saying such things like "How many boys in the room?" -Hands raised- "How many girls in the room!?" -Even more hands raise- I got involved quite a bit too though . But yeah, they were pretty good at the end of their performance that one guy said "GIVE IT UP FOR ALL THE VAG IN THE ROOM!" obviously pretty much everyone was like "WHOOO!!" and the crowd went CRAZY for them, shame I can't say the same for the next band...

Dir en Grey, the band all came on and Kyo came on last and they just... started, no introduction, no formalities, they just kicked it off with Obscure. I'd been waiting for this for the past 3 1/2 / 4 years of my life and tonight was the night I finally got to see them. I initally wanted to see MSI, BMTH and Black Tide but Dir en Grey signed up so I bought my ticket on the day and I secretly tried to hide my inner fanboy urges of "OMFG, GOING TO SEE DIR EN GREY~~ X3"

But really now... they were pretty bad, Kyo was a miserable **** as usual but the others seemed like they were having fun, the crowd was really mixed, but shown support anyway. At one point Kyo stood up and stayed there holding the mic and some fat woman in her thirties shouted "Get your dick out!" (Probably wanted to eat it, I dunno.) They played from my knowledge two new songs from Uroboros (Haven't bothered with it too much) Obscure, Agitated Scream of Maggots, Ryojoku no Ame and Merciless Cult. Once they finished there was no mention of meeting them since they barely speak English and there was no translator speaking for them, they just got off. My opinion on the band hasn't lessened because of this and I really do enjoy their music but they were just REALLY, REALLY bad live. It was like there was a ten foot brick wall between them and the audience it was all static reception, the language barrier wasn't the problem, it's just how they do it and Kyo being a bitch. I still love the band... but GOD DAYUM. This is most dissapointing thing to happen to me like... ever. Studio is better for Dir en Grey, confirmed.

MSI was next up but while this was happening I went to meet Die (He doesn't change facial expressions in photos, true story.) And he signed my album of Uroboros I bought. Pretty cool.

But the time it took I missed MSI open and play Shut me up. (****.) but caught the rest of the songs and I dunno where to start here but I'll just say... they were absolutely AMAZING. Jimmy Urine was entertaining, had the crowd going and the music was brilliant. They played mostly their new stuff from If... (Which I didn't like too much but now seeing them live that's pretty much changed my opinion completely.) and some older songs like Faggot and 1989 and Straight to video. They got some people to come on stage to sing Faggot which Jimmy called "Liverpool Idol." "You're all going to sing a song, I just hope you ******* know it." They only sung like... the chorus though. lol. Jimmy also stripped and said "Hey, my name is Jimmy Urine and when I feel thirsty I drink Relentless! Even though it tastes like ****." and "Y'know... if I was your age I wouldn't be wasting my time here I'd be out stealing, doing drugs and ******* your sister." Honestly now, it was so... dream-like, I wish I could experience it again, this made up for Dir en Grey, definately, absolutely. I was like having an orgasm. (Wut.) I want to see them again already.

tl;dr - Went to the Kerrang tour, Bring Me the Horizon didn't play which was ******, In Case of Fire were surprisingly good, Black Tide wasn't fussed about but got good reception, Dir en Grey are awful live confirmed and MSI was amazing. Any questions or comments?

Cool post. I found the opposite with you on black tide and diru; I thought diru were awesome live, maybe it was different for mine - Kyo was really getting into it, you could tell he was giving it energy, although he ran straight off the stage after the last song. Also, the rest of the band seemed to be really enjoying themselves.

Black tide were pretty awful live. They sounded to metal-******-rawness like and less rock-awesome-solo-clean. Also, everyone seemed to be stuck to the floor, no one was really cheering or even moving.

And I completely agree about MSI! They definitely deserved headlining. Steve Righ? was really weird and funny, and Jimmy was causing lulz.. He was talking about how "he was the same as all of us", a girl was sat on someone's shoulders and cheered, and he said "yeah, even our breast sizes are the same!", some boo'hd and he said "hey, I could of said something about her moustache!"

Maxon said:
Spyro201 said:
Moshing is for posers. There's nothing cool or fun in injuring yourself or others whilst "listening" to random ****** metal.

Well thats probably cause you listen to random ****** metal. Megadeth/Metallica/Bodom etc. aint ******. It's called getting caught in the moment, thats how moshing works. Its just a bit of physical contact, not realy injuring.

Flat out knackered on my bed.

Why, oh why, did I decide to take extra shifts at work?

I could have spent the whole day watching random anime.

*sigh* the things we do for money.

Spyro201 said:
Well thats probably cause you listen to random ****** metal.
Yeah. Within Temptation, Metallica and Nightwish are soooooooooooooooo ******.
Spyro201 said:
Megadeth/Metallica/Bodom etc. aint ******.
At what point did I say those bands were ******? Oh that's right! I didn't. Stop being presumptuous.

But wait, you called Metallica ****** before...
Spyro201 said:
It's called getting caught in the moment, thats how moshing works. Its just a bit of physical contact, not realy injuring.
I don't care if it's physical contact and getting "caught up in the moment". Normal people can get caught up in the moment without looking like a wild gorilla with a neck problem. It's still dumb, and I get ******* pulled into mosh pits when I don't want to. A form of self expression that doesn't give you a choice to not participate is stupid.

Manga Girls said:
Flat out knackered on my bed.

Why, oh why, did I decide to take extra shifts at work?

I could have spent the whole day watching random anime.

*sigh* the things we do for money.

I know that one, never again will i give in to people begging me to work overtime. Mind you i need to find a job before that can happen still, and that ain't easy in itself.

At the moment, just finished going over some of my coursework for this semester, about to head out to get some food for dinner then head out again for drinks with friends. Should be a decent evening at least.

Back