What you guys doing right now.

ayase said:
^ I wouldn't have thought so. No skin peeling and I'm not in shock. It's just very red and very painful, the fact that the place it burned is pretty sensetive isn't helping.

Yeah... I had some first aid stuff (which my mum gave me when I moved out) but I've managed to misplace it. It's just a good job I've never gored myself or I'd probably bleed to death before an ambulance arrived. First thing tomorrow I'm taking a trip to the pharmacy.

Well as long as it isn't like, serious burns that require Hospital that's okay. Also, we don't have a first aid kit... :lol:

We have various tablets and remedies. Anthisan being a popular one for the burns (It's herbal too... still a plain white cream though. It doesn't look weird)

I think the advice is that if you have a single burn bigger than a 10p piece (?) on your hands it's best to get it checked out by a medical person. There are a lot of delicate mechanics and blood vessels in hands. If the main burn is smaller and the soreness on the sides of your hand isn't so bad you're probably ok to ignore that advice this time.

Also for large/deeper burns it's best *not* to directly ice them or use other frozen treatments without medical advice. Creams, ointments and cool water are of course fine. Very low temperatures can cause more damage to the delicate flesh beneath. Very low temperatures are also pretty much the only thing which makes the agony go away so it's hard advice to follow...

I remember this from when thanks to my incredible clumsiness I did a pretty similar thing to my hand (only involving an oven instead of blistering water). I didn't bother getting it seen to and it ended up fine. Hurt like heck though and it left scars.

R

As painful as it is, It's probably better that it hit edge-on and ran down the back and palm rather than directly hitting either of those areas. I can see how that could do serious damage. All that's really under the most painful bit (original point of contact with the water) is fleshyness and a bit of muscle.

I took it out of the water a while ago and I can move all my fingers without any pain... it is subsiding quite a bit, but I don't imagine I'll want to pick much up for a while though.

Ouch. Just reading about the boiling water accident made me make awkward facial expressions towards my hand.

As far as the topic is concerned, I've just finished writing out a list of all the books and DVDs I've got to start buying to finish up series I've started collecting and left unfinished for far too long. Hopefully I'll get through it all eventually.

I'm stopping myself from pulling my hair out. 3 nights of crappy sleeps, 2 exhausting and stressfull work days and a window-screen wiper motor on the fritz, just as heavy rain occurs... Argh!!

devilrules666 said:
what ones have u narrowed down to?
air gear, black lagoon first barrage, freedom, grenadier, stellvia, urusei yatsura.

I decided to go for air gear. A bit of action + fan-service is always good, I think =)

cheering cause Christina has another dub song out \o/

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fAIGeJW87Vo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fAIGeJW87Vo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

she's no Mio but still

Ryo Chan said:
cheering cause Christina has another dub song out \o/

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fAIGeJW87Vo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fAIGeJW87Vo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

she's no Mio but still
ARGH!!! That is horrible. *Has a vendetta against Christina for destroying my favourite openings: Shuffle for example.*

*Edit: Later on - Hitting my head and wrentching at my hair/ears from my bro singing numerous Christina-dubbed intros... needless to say, my head hurts.... TT_TT

Back