What you guys doing right now.

RetroRainbow said:
Tachi- said:
Spyro201 said:
Talking to my Physics teacher on msn :lol:

GROOMER ALERT ;)

Is your Physics teacher a guy?

If so, this development now has my full attention.

He is :lol:

Ninja Boy! said:
Spyro201 said:

oi whats going on here then? lol

He's offered me free Chemistry and Physics tuition! :lol:

RetroRainbow said:
Tachi- said:
Spyro201 said:

GROOMER ALERT ;)

Is your Physics teacher a guy?

If so, this development now has my full attention.

I now see how creepy I must've come across with my "Lesbians!? WHERE!?" comments in the past.

I don't see what's wrong with a teacher spending his own time helping someone. Saving lost causes is fulfilling - it gives a special feeling simply teaching in a class cannot.

Interview update: Just wanted to say a big thanks to all those who wished me luck in my recent interview. Unfortunately, I didn't get the job, but I wanted to show my thanks to you all for the continued support you guys on AUKN give me.

But don't worry, I wont let this get me down :) I will keep trying. Or never give up, as Tohru would say...

Currently watching Hana Kimi Japan Special. This series always has me in stitches. Nanba's graduation speech about jobhunting was surprisingly motivating :p

Sitting in a cold, empty shop drinking cup after cup of black coffee getting very bored. I wish I'd loaded some Mazinger to watch onto my netbook this morning.

It was worth a try for the first month, but this will be the last Sunday I open - It's just not worth my time. I'd be better off at home building myself an online shop.

Retro: I have no problem sounding creepy or grooming.

Are you A) underage, B) attractive C) can you cook? and D) do you know when not to talk?

Sorry to hear your attempt at starting a business hasn't gone well, Ayase. When you first mentioned you were attempting to do so I thought it sounded risky in the current economic climate - it isn't as if manga is a big seller, even in well known stores. No-one with brains ever buys things from physical stores nowadays anyway, there's just no point when stores sell at RRP for the most part and/or online stores have better prices. The only time I would buy from physical stores would be if I saw an offer, but those are non-existent in Warsaw.

...wait, why am I being understanding and, horrifyingly, friendly? I should be saying "Lol, I knew it would happen." Or something equally ****ish.

Aion said:
Sorry to hear your attempt at starting a business hasn't gone well, Ayase. When you first mentioned you were attempting to do so I thought it sounded risky in the current economic climate - it isn't as if manga is a big seller, even in well known stores. No-one with brains ever buys things from physical stores nowadays anyway, there's just no point when stores sell at RRP for the most part and/or online stores have better prices. The only time I would buy from physical stores would be if I saw an offer, but those are non-existent in Warsaw.

...wait, why am I being understanding and, horrifyingly, friendly? I should be saying "Lol, I knew it would happen." Or something equally ****ish.
Did I say the business as a whole isn't going well or that any days other than Sunday are this bad? And when did I say that I sell manga, or sell at RRP? :p

ayase said:
Did I say the business as a whole isn't going well or that any days other than Sunday are this bad? And when did I say that I sell manga, or sell at RRP? :p

Ayase said:
It was worth a try for the first month, but this will be the last Sunday I open - It's just not worth my time. I'd be better off at home building myself an online shop.

Yes, yes you did.

No, no you didn't with regards to the pricing. I just assumed you'd have to sell near to the RRP or at it to make money when you'd get very few vistors.

Okay then, for clarification, I'd be better off using my Sundays to build an online shop to compliment my retail business which is, in fact, doing well.

Better? :p

And I'm selling what are known as remainder books, which I can sell for almost half RRP and still make a decent profit on. On days other than Sunday.

I'm downloading the latest Anime World Order podcast. Embedded into the page is a Detroit Metal City video that I just had to share. (Not with Eurogamer, though, as they'd call me a paedo and hound me until I left/committed suicide).

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cLj8530fBUU&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cLj8530fBUU&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

It's ok, you can be honest with me. I promise I'll be sympathetic and won't attempt to wind you up. It's understandable that a new shop struggles, and I'm not the sort of guy who would attempt to attack someone trying hard.

Explain to be when "remainder books" are. Do you mean books that are old/don't sell well that you managed to get a lot of stock of for a cheap amount?

Aion said:
Explain to be when "remainder books" are. Do you mean books that are old/don't sell well that you managed to get a lot of stock of for a cheap amount?
Almost. In fact they're books which have large print runs (so mostly bestsellers) which the big chain shops get rid of in order to get in the newest bestsellers. So people can either buy a book new for £7.99 in Waterstones or wait a couple of months and buy the same book off me for £3.50 - Which, in a recession, is fairly attractive to people. They can buy online of course, but you'd be surprised at how few people out there IRL actually do.

I'm rewatching this video:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d81qFaoe010&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d81qFaoe010&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I want that Chocobo.

ayase said:
Almost. In fact they're books which have large print runs (so mostly bestsellers) which the big chain shops get rid of in order to get in the newest bestsellers. So people can either buy a book new for £7.99 in Waterstones or wait a couple of months and buy the same book off me for £3.50 - Which, in a recession, is fairly attractive to people. They can buy online of course, but you'd be surprised at how few people out there IRL actually do.
Glad to know you're doing all right mate. At the other post I also though that you would be closing for good, not that you were not opening on Sunday's anymore.

How's your online branch going so far?

fabricatedlunatic said:
I'm downloading the latest Anime World Order podcast. Embedded into the page is a Detroit Metal City video that I just had to share. (Not with Eurogamer, though, as they'd call me a paedo and hound me until I left/committed suicide).

AWO is excellent :]

Detroit Metal City looks a lot like something I'd like, too, so I reckon I'll watch it over the summer.

Aion said:
I'm rewatching this video:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d81qFaoe010&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d81qFaoe010&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I want that Chocobo.

haha, Nice video.
I want a Chocobo too.. I would settle with that cockatiel though.

I like how angry it sounds when it's stopped by a noise. Awesome bird.

You have to wonder how many times the owner played the Chocobo song near it for it to learn the song so well, though. He's either replayed FFVII way too much, with the bird near, who looped the song until the bird learned it.

Here's another video:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pCLIg6WT7zM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pCLIg6WT7zM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back