What Music are you listening to? Discussions Welcome!

Nice, I saw Genesis in concert way back in 1981, at an all-day outdoor concert event in Philadelphia PA, in the now long-gone JFK Stadium. Five other bands performed during the day, including Huey Lewis and the News, Joan Jet, and Flock of Seagulls. Genesis was the headliner group and played last. Such a great Concert!

I remember attending a Steely Dan concert when I lived in Charleston, SC. I never was much for jazz but SD made it palatable for me. Mostly I listen to anime osts and stuff like (and including) Enya-problem with her is that she only puts out a new album every 4 or 5 years. She's certainly not very prolific.

Listening to some Genesis as I’m seeing them in November with my Dad.
Nice, I saw Genesis in concert way back in 1981, at an all-day outdoor concert event in Philadelphia PA, in the now long-gone JFK Stadium. Five other bands performed during the day, including Huey Lewis and the News, Joan Jet, and Flock of Seagulls. Genesis was the headliner group and played last. Such a great Concert!
Gabriel era Genesis best Genesis. I've ended up with two copies of most of their vinyl albums, one from each of my parents, who were lucky enough to see the Six of the Best concert in '82. I saw Peter Gabriel myself back in '03. The man gives a fantastic performance.

Last edited:
I like both eras myself. Am jealous that my Dad has seen Gabriel live on multiple occasions and recalls how great those shows were.

Gabriel era Genesis best Genesis.

Amen to that! I did get to see Peter Gabriel in concert in 2012, but I wish I would have gotten to see his Secret World tour back in the 1990's, love that concert on DVD/Blu-ray. Would have been awesome to see him with Genesis back in the 70's though... I didn't start going to concerts until my last year of high school in 1979; my first one was Yes in the round at the Spectrum in Philadelphia, also now long gone.

Last edited:
Dang it, got me in a prog rock mood now, so off to Youtube I go...

Wakeman keyboards, Jon on harp, triple neck bass, slide guitar... ahhh...

Peter, Paula, Tony Levin et al... Such a great stage show for this song, especially at the end...

Xanadu is my most favorite Rush song - it was the song I played in the car as my brother and Best Man drove me to my wedding in 1986. The song ended just as we were pulling up in front of the church, lol. So sad to hear of Neil Peart's passing. 😭

Anybody here remember the Moody Blues? My first girlfriend turned me on to them and I thought they were fantastic!

Been listening to Yellow Magic Orchestra and their discography is very good for the most part (Multiples is hit and miss due to the random skits.)

As the remaining members of the band have finally put their music on Spotify, I have been going thorough the back catalogue of TISM. It's really, really hard to explain what TISM were about to a non-Australian audience. The best I can do is; imagine a very sarcastic, satirical Australian version of the Residents, who reference everything from Australian Rules football (TISM are from Melbourne and of course Australian Rules football is the official religion of Melbourne) to ballet choreographer Meryl Tankard and novelist James Joyce in their lyrics. Though most of the material is a critic of Australian politicians, personalities and way of life. The vast majority of the material is comedic of course.

Pretty hard to recommend a song to the uninitiated, but "Thunderbirds are Coming Out" possibly won't scare you. Yes, all the bands in this video are real Melbourne bands circa 1998. And yes, that is Blair McDonough at the start of the video who would later go on to play Stuart Parker in "Neighbours".

Been listening to Yellow Magic Orchestra and their discography is very good for the most part (Multiples is hit and miss due to the random skits.)
As a follow-up I discovered that Eric Clapton did a cover of one of their more well-known songs Behind The Mask and found a great live rendition that was done for Princes Trust back in the day:
(If you can name all of the musicians without checking the description then props! It’s a great line-up.)

Been working from home today with music on, had some Promare OST, Comback Kid, Crossfaith, Bleeding Through and now Knocked Loose. My day has been getting heavier as it goes along.

Two of my favorite Chinese songs. Comes with English subtitles:

"Afterwards" - Rene Liu

"Fairy Tale" - Michael Wong (grab tissues)

The Ghost Inside return with the first new song since their bus crash 5 years ago. It was a head on collision into a truck and both drivers tragically died. The 10 passengers on the bus were all hospitalised and several recieved life altering injuries including the drummer walking up from a 10 day coma to discover his leg had been amputated.

Anyway this song is epic and I'm crying right now.

Back