What Music are you listening to? Discussions Welcome!

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff

ayase

State Alchemist

Living the lockdown life with 60gb of old Coast to Coast AM shows. Can things ever go back to how they were?

Girls wIth Guns

Pokémon Master
Living the lockdown life with 60gb of old Coast to Coast AM shows. Can things ever go back to how they were?
Not really music either, but I listen to Old Time Radio detective shows from the 40's and 50's every night on my wifi internet tabletop radio I have on my nightstand. I turn it on when I get in bed and fall asleep listening to half-hour private eye shows with the likes of Richard Diamond, Johnny Dollar, The Saint, Philip Marlow, Sam Spade, Barry Craig, The Falcon, Dragnet, Box 13, and dozens more gumshoe series from that era. I usually wake up early in the morning and get a few more episodes in before I get up for work - which now entails just a short slog in my PJs down to the basement to work from home on two company laptops across VPN.

WMD

Stand User
New Crossfaith ep is out today (Species) and it's great. 5 songs that are at the heavier end of their sound and that's fine by me.

Ian Wolf

Himouto
AUKN Staff
Peter Hook & The Light's "So This is Permanent" live album, in which the band played every single song Joy Division ever wrote. The performance was originaly held on the 35th anniversary of Ian Curtis's death in 2015, at the church in Macclesfield that Curtis went to as a boy, and has been re-released to mark the 40th anniversary. A DVD of the show is soon to come out, raising money for the Epilepsy Society.

Reactions: HWR

Ian Wolf

Himouto
AUKN Staff
Just listened to "Abyss", the new album from Blacklab, an all-women Japanese doom metal duo. Better than the first album I think.

D1tchd1gger

Shinki
Also that (K)NoW_NAME soundtrack is fantastic.
I thought I'd check to see if they had appeared on Spotify yet (they weren't when looking for the Fairy Gone and Sakura Quest OPs/EDs last year) as they've also done Dorohedoro and they have appeared. They also did stuff for Grimgar.

Demelza

Adventuring Alchemist
AUKN Staff
I thought I'd check to see if they had appeared on Spotify yet (they weren't when looking for the Fairy Gone and Sakura Quest OPs/EDs last year) as they've also done Dorohedoro and they have appeared. They also did stuff for Grimgar.
Grimgar is where I was first introduced to them! Loved their work on that show :)

WMD

Stand User
The new Ghost Inside album dropped today and it is amazing! More of the same in a way of their melodic hardcore/metalcore but the weight of their tragic bus accident really comes through in the lyrics and vocals!

D1tchd1gger

Shinki
Had a listen to the first album from a new Japanese band called Zutomayo:

I found them through one of the AniTubers I follow, he also does videos on Japanese music, and they combine both elements as all their videos are animated:

It's a very good album, the track I kept thinking of most when I was listening was the Domestic Girlfriend OP:

PS The Denki Groove single containing the Devilman Crybaby OP and ED is back on Spotify: