What manga are you reading now?

Started Alita battle angel (I'm guessing the Gunm name changes once it's west) on prime's reader, wondering if I should get the complete collection that can't decide how much it wants to scalp me after the film 🤣 price hikes and empty stocks everywhere

I Saved Too Many Girls and Caused the Apocalypse! (LN) vol 13
Honestly don't have anything interesting to say about this volume as it's largely the same as the preceding 12 volumes. Though I suppose that means it isn't bad at least. Still no danger of a plot developing despite there only being 3 volumes left. I do kinda want Touko's power, though :p

Skeleton Knight in Another World (LN) vol 1
Hmn. Decent enough start, as with the first volume of a lot of light novels it's mainly setting the world. So a little bit of meh after the high of 86 (although I do realise the two are completely unrelated).
That said, it's not bad by any stretch of the imagination. Kinda feels like Overlord but with a more morally upright protag - although that might be because he doesn't have the pressures associated with the NPCs hanging over him. He's certainly not above decisive action and doesn't seem to have much of an innate sense of morals, possibly because of his skeletonisation. Also seems like a fairly detailed and lovingly crafted world in contrast to some isekai LNs. Let's just ignore the whole naming the elven country "Canada"...
I'll keep reading for now, at any rate.

Tokyo Ghoul ch 4
Ken's not the smartest. He thinks he's discovered something about coffee, but didn't think about the fact he's just left a coffee shop where a ghoul works and the owner helps ghouls! Maybe there's something in that!
It seems chapters after chapter 3 leave the Manga Plus app after 6 weeks, so if you want to read Tokyo Ghoul for free better start soon as chapter 4 will be gone from 4 o'clock Wednesday.

Lofty Flower, Fall for Me!! volume 6

I Saved Too Many Girls and Caused the Apocalypse volume 13 (light novel)

Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-hit Multi-target Attacks? volume 2 (light novel) - not sure if I'll read more of this one. I quite enjoyed volume 1, but 2 leans into the fan service which I don't like. I wasn't super into the school storyline either, so I guess I'll see what the synopsis is for volume 3 and go from there. Might be one I throw into the depths of the backlog rather than buying at release anyways.

No Game No Life (LN) vol 8
I LOVE NO GAME NO LIFE FAR TOO MUCH. Seriously. It's so problematic in so many ways but I always find myself so absorbed in it anyway and then despairing when I reach the end of a volume. There's no way I can give an even slightly objective view on it because I enjoy it on such a different level. And I managed to read the entire volume since it came out on Kindle yesterday despite having less than an hour of free time. I think that shows my dedication...
OMG WE'RE GETTING TO SEE EX MACHINA AGAIN NEXT VOLUME?? I CAN'T WAAAAAIT!

Clockwork Planet volumes 1-2 - Mostly reading this because it was in the humble bundle. I was expecting to bounce straight off it, but compared to the anime (which was awful) and the light novel (which was too wordy), I'm quite enjoying the manga version! It looks like it's finished in Japan at 10 volumes while the original LN is on-going, so I wonder if the ending ends up being silly though...

Nano Hazard volumes 1-3 (complete) - Well I picked this up because it was on Manga + and it definitely got cancelled in Japan given the way it wrapped things up. It had some okay ideas, but not the artwork to back it up and ended up rushing things to their conclusion. A shame, but can't say I didn't see it coming.

Speaking of Manga +, I also started Heart Gear. This is the new series by the Black Torch mangaka and although I've heard that Black Torch was cancelled ( I've not finished the series yet as Viz are still publishing it but I'm prepared for disappointment :( ), I really like their style so I was definitely on-board for something new. First chapter was very interesting, so I'm looking forward to see where it goes.

Clockwork Planet volumes 1-2 - Mostly reading this because it was in the humble bundle. I was expecting to bounce straight off it, but compared to the anime (which was awful) and the light novel (which was too wordy), I'm quite enjoying the manga version! It looks like it's finished in Japan at 10 volumes while the original LN is on-going, so I wonder if the ending ends up being silly though...
Well the light novel has been stuck at volume 4 for a while, so I'd guess the manga adapts either the first 3 (and ends at the same point as the anime) or all 4.

I personally love the light novel, but then again I did finish gushing over NGNL so perhaps that's no surprise :p

Well the light novel has been stuck at volume 4 for a while, so I'd guess the manga adapts either the first 3 (and ends at the same point as the anime) or all 4.

Good to know! I had heard that the LN has been stuck for awhile, but I think it's largely due to one of the writers health so hopefully they continue it soon. I'm guessing the manga will end where the anime did, as 4 LN volumes seems a bit much for 10 volumes of manga, but I guess I'll find out~

I personally love the light novel, but then again I did finish gushing over NGNL so perhaps that's no surprise :p

I like NGNL too, I just find Clockwork Planet's setting somewhat uninteresting for some reason. Between the artwork and the likably characters I think the manga will keep me hanging on better though. :D

I like NGNL too, I just find Clockwork Planet's setting somewhat uninteresting for some reason. Between the artwork and the likably characters I think the manga will keep me hanging on better though. :D
Hope so - the characters, world and story definitely deserve to leave a better impression than the anime did. Even with my extremely rose-tinted glasses I could barely call that palatable :confused:

I'd be curious to find out if there's any differences in the manga. Maybe I'll read it at some point. I've read the first volume already, I think...

Back