What manga are you reading now?

Good chance it might just be dead. Then again, Baccano has had similar stints so it's really hard to say with that author...

Cardcaptor Sakura- Omnibus 1 Chapters 1-14- Super cute and enjoyable looking forward to reading Omnibus 2.

Tsubasa Chronicles Volumes 7-10 -Chapters 43-73 Am hooked fascinating and getting juicy.

Infinite Stratos (LN) vol 7
This series is as hilariously terrible in LN form as it was as an anime. I'm honestly not sure why I'm still reading it, but I guess it is enjoyable in some strange way. Also, I think this volume might have been where the anime ended? It's been so long since I watched it that I've forgotten... there might have been one more arc.

Campfire Cooking in Another World with My Absurd Skill (LN) vol 1
Hmmmmn. Jury's still out on this series a bit. It wasn't bad enough to make me drop it, but it didn't really do anything particularly interesting. I'll keep reading it for now, I think. The Goddess sections were amusing at any rate. Also, 3 quid says Sui gains a human form and turns into a beautiful girl.
... actually, maybe that isn't this series' style? It certainly doesn't have any harem elements yet.

Lazy Dungeon Master (LN) vol 5
This series is just pure good fun. And this volume doesn't change that.

The Irregular at Magic High School (LN) vol 10-11
I'd fallen behind on this so read both volumes at once. Honestly, the psuedo-technobabble in this series just makes me go what every time and there are a lot of issues with it even discounting that, but I do like the setting and (most of) the characters. The Visitor arc has been a bit eh, but it's clearly trying to set up things for a larger storm brewing. And the new character is decent, though Shizuku being back next volume will be nice.

Space Battleship Yamato The Classic Collection...strange reading the original manga after watching the 2199/2202 anime. I have to say the anime is much much better.

Tokyo Ghoul:re volume 7 - I just can't take the battle at the end of this volume seriously. I couldn't when I watched it in the anime either.

Campfire Cooking in Another World with My Absurd Skill volume 1 (light novel) (dropped) - While the book didn't do anything wrong it's just too similar to series like I've Been Killing Slimes and Pampered Pooch. A cute affair but with no real substance and characters I sadly didn't really get along with. I might have stuck with it if not for the fact I have so much else to read which needs my attention more.

Kokoro Connect volume 5 (light novel) - Review to follow next month, the gaps between the pre-pubs and the eBook releases feel huge now...

86 volume 1 (light novel) - I'm glad I listened to recommendations with this one and didn't go with my gut feeling that I wouldn't like it. I'm not usually a fan of war stories, but 86 is so much deeper than that. It's less about the war and more about the people. A really superb read. Review to follow for this one as well~

Kokoro Connect (LN) vol 5
For a collection of short stories this was good. And the introduction of new characters makes me excited for the next volume.

Didn't I Say to Make My Abilities Average in the Next Life?! (LN) vol 6
I love this series, it's just such dumb fun and the characters are endearing as hell. That said, the quality does vary a bit between volumes. And as it takes the form of a collection of short episodes quite a lot there can be quite a difference even between those. This was one of the better volumes, although probably not quite on a par with the first.

Strike the Blood (LN) vol 11
This is material that made it into the anime, so the impact is a bit diminished really... but it's still an enjoyable read. The whole thing with Avrora being already cleared up also fills in a lot of the logic gaps the anime seemed to suffer from, which is nice.

Full Metal Panic (LN) vol 1
Honestly, I liked this more than I expected. I tend not to be fond of cringe humour and mecha, while certainly decent, tends to be far from my favourite genre. But this seems to really get the balance right between the smorgasbord of themes it's got going on. Looking forward to more.
86 volume 1 (light novel) - I'm glad I listened to recommendations with this one and didn't go with my gut feeling that I wouldn't like it. I'm not usually a fan of war stories, but 86 is so much deeper than that. It's less about the war and more about the people. A really superb read. Review to follow for this one as well~
Woop, glad to hear you liked it too! :)

Kokoro Connect volume 5 (light novel) - Review to follow next month, the gaps between the pre-pubs and the eBook releases feel huge now...

looked around a bit and didnt find a single thread on manga! so here it is! please feel free to share any manga you enjoy from any genre, be it an old classic or an ongoing series.

some of my all-time favourites are Dorohedoro, Hourou Musuko and lightning rod manga but lately i can’t get enough of Dungeon Meshi (series about cuisine in a DnD-esque high fantasy world with unparalleled attention to detail and political intrigue) and Hakumei & Mikochi (slice-of-life about 9cm-tall people living among talking animals, also fantastic for its world-building and cuisine detail). both mangas combine a cast of instantly likeable characters with a re-imagining of conventional fantasy worlds and i can hardly wait for the next update.

Goblin Slayer (LN) vol 6
This series continues along at it's own pace. Nice to get what was effectively a summary of Priestess's character development too. And that the next volume is going to the elven country is reason enough to stick with it.

Last few days been binge reading Tsubasa but oh my it goes from light to very dark from Volume 15 onwards.
Just finished Tsubasa Volumes 19 and 20 Chapters 141-158 Very depressing backstory of Fai/Yui and his twin and the poor guy at present is already been through a lot in the previous volumes eye gouged out, and shown to be cursed etc,.Though him having a sad past felt obvious particularly seeing his conversations with Kurogane in past volumes and him trying to avoid talking about himself. Still heartbreaking to read and to see Fai so broken.

Just got to wait for the rest of the Volumes to come from America before I can read the rest.Highly enjoying this series ,the jump from light hearted to downright dark is interesting as well.

My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! (LN) vol 3
I'm not entirely surprised to read in this volume's afterword that the author had planned the series to only be 2 volumes long. Not that there's anything wrong with this volume, just it makes a lot of sense.
Just when I thought we were getting another setting-up volume with no particular development, that ending happened. Well.

Back