What manga are you reading now?

Sword Art Online volume 11 (LN)

What is it with this author and always thinking the worst possible thing you can do to female characters is rape them? This is the third volume in the series to feature some creep trying to rape girls and worse it's two of them this time! Actually even worse than that, in the original light novel it actually happens rather than being an almost situation!

None of this is leaving any fond feelings toward this arc, especially with how little of Asuna we've seen so far. =/

Thinking I'm going to read a volume of Devil is a Part-Timer next as I can't be bothered reading through SAO 12 right now with what happens in 11...

Record of Lodoss War: The Grey Witch...don’t know if the other novels have been licensed but I hope so otherwise it’ll be a very unsatisfying ending.

Might invest in the anime now.

Tales of Zestiria Volume 2 - getting caught up before SevenSeas release volume 4 later next month, which completes the series. :)

Battle Angel Alita Vol 1
Huh. I’ve just finished:

Battle Angel Alita: Mars Chronicle Vol. 1

though Suffering: The Manga might be a more apt title as I think it must average one child death for about every 15 pages. Art is great, as expected from Kishiro and I'm very, very happy Kodansha have gone with a nice unified look for the covers between Mars Chronicle and the re-released Deluxe Editions (but that probaby means I’ll have to wait for re-releases before getting into Last Order). A little disappointing they've scrimped on what were obviously colour pages at the start though, which here are rendered in monochrome.

Maybe it’s just because the last manga I read was In This Corner of the World, but the story seems incredibly fast moving. It feels like I could have done with more time to get to know the characters, even if a lot of them do turn out to be inconsequential (primarily due to the previously mentioned death rate - but that’s also a reason it would have been nice to care about them a bit more). Still, it retains the at times quite dark and sometimes almost blackly humourous tone of Alita and fits quite snugly into that world. The wait between volumes is going to be agonising.

Occultic;Nine Volume 3 (Light novel) - Now to wait and see if there ever happens to be a fourth volume to finish the story off...

Tokyo Ghoul: re Volume 2. The wait for the other volumes is going to be difficult since they come out a such a slow pace.

Back