What manga are you reading now?

10 Count Vol. 4 (the US translation has a very different sensibility to the French which is somehow...more refined and sensitive.) I have thoughts on this 'difficult' series which may eventually turn into a review/article.

Descending Stories: Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu vol. 1
Interviews with Monter Girls vol. 2
Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun vol. 7

The High School Life of a Fudanshi Vol 1 (my copy arrived at last).

Hmm... I think the original manga version is better than the animated version (which obviously didn't have much of a budget). However, I noticed Sean Gaffney (Manga Bookshelf) saying that he felt it would work better in a through-written form, not 4-koma, and I think he has a point. On the plus side, I like the mangaka's art-style and I have to remind myself that it's another Zero-Sum series, so its heart is probably in the right place.

The High School Life of a Fudanshi Vol 1 (my copy arrived at last).

Hmm... I think the original manga version is better than the animated version (which obviously didn't have much of a budget). However, I noticed Sean Gaffney (Manga Bookshelf) saying that he felt it would work better in a through-written form, not 4-koma, and I think he has a point. On the plus side, I like the mangaka's art-style and I have to remind myself that it's another Zero-Sum series, so its heart is probably in the right place.
Have you read any of the mangakas Yaoi...but damn that stuff is hot and smutty.

Have you read any of the mangakas Yaoi...but damn that stuff is hot and smutty.

I hadn't so far - but now that you've mentioned her, I've realized that one of her current titles is 'good bye, red beryl' which has a very striking cover. (Sean Gaffney may have been thinking of a different mangaka when he writes, 'The author has mostly done Gintama BL smut before this' - or maybe not!) ;)

Back