What manga are you reading now?

Finished The Ghost in the Shell Manga (1, 1.5 & 2). Not a fan, first book was alright, appreciated the humor & focus on side characters..even 1.5 wasn't awful but 2? Oh dear, not for me. That one panel that was straight out of a hentai left a bad taste in my mouth too.
I feel like a re-watch of the films is in order, as well as starting the series so it's not all bad :p

Starting the Rokka Light Novel next.

Anonymous Noise Volume 1

I've been really enjoying the anime, so I decided to give the first volume a shot. Pretty entertaining so far, but the anime definitely puts more focus on the music than the manga (so its not quite a new Fuuka like I hoped). However, I like the characters enough where I want to continue the story once the anime finishes so I'll keep reading.

Plowed through Rokka. Wasn't keen on the characters to begin with (& tbh the MC just wasn't likeable throughout) bar Nashetania who I instantly took a shine to but the mystery aspect was such a page turner (big spoilers)
I was convinced the swamp kid was the fake. For the fake to end up being my favorite character instead was both heart breaking & fabulous
that I ended up very much enjoying the book.
Definitely picking up A/L's eventual release of the anime & the second book later this year.

Next up is the second light novel volume of Snafu.

Your Name (novel)

Loved revisiting this story. I think the movie is better than the novel overall, but I still really enjoyed my time with the book. I really like how Shinkai incorporated some of the Radwimps lyrics too, it just tied the whole story together nicely.

Currently reading through the Another novel. I really like Another, terribly flawed as it is, and been meaning to read the novel for a while now. Like the anime, the early goings are really atmospheric, something which I enjoy. Being already familiar with the plot, it's fun picking up on all the foreshadowing you wouldn't necessarily notice your first time through. I'm only five chapters in right now, so still in slow and thick atmosphere territory, interested to see how the novel is once it switches over into Final Destination mode.

Last edited:
I should really read the Another novel. I have the manga (and have seen the anime) and enjoyed both, so I really just need to get a move on with buying the novel.

Meanwhile I've just finished Infinite Dendrogram Volume 1 over at J-Novel Club. A pretty standard VRMMO story, but I like the characters so I'll continue reading it for awhile longer. :)

Back