What manga are you reading now?

Ah well Stu, at least I know spoilers just as I start now :p

Naruto - Chapter 1.

OK so, Naruto is actually some awesomely powerful 9-tailed Fox, and the whole town knew. Because of this they all picked on him and bullied him. Then you have Iruka who is a hard-ass-turns-nice guy who is Naruto's teacher, and Mizuki who's an asshole/bad guy.

So then Iruka and Mizuki fight and Naruto butts in using the power of a scroll to do the doppleganger move X1000 at which point Iruka is all like "****! He couldn't produce one yesterday!". And then he beats up Mizuki.

I think I get what's happening, not sure though. I can't remember if Mizuki or Iruka died cause I was pretty tired while reading.

Ah well, i'll see how this goes.

Last edited by a moderator:
ブソウレンキン

Buso Renkin Vol. 1. by Nobuhiro Watsuki

Far more enjoyable than I thought it would be. The hero is likeable without being a loudmouth and the secondary characters are memorable. Suffers from dull bad guys though.

Genkina Hito said:
ブソウレンキン

Far more enjoyable than I thought it would be. The hero is likeable without being a loudmouth and the secondary characters are memorable. Suffers from dull bad guys though.

I actually thought the bad guy was one of the more memorable characters, although i say bad guy, his character does change slightly over the series.

BlackWolf said:
Genkina Hito said:
ブソウレンキン

I actually thought the bad guy was one of the more memorable characters, although i say bad guy, his character does change slightly over the series.

I’m only on the first volume and we haven’t seen the big bad yet. I’m just talking about the villains faced in this volume. Design wise, they were simple but I felt that they weren’t developed enough so when they were dispatched, I wasn’t sorry to see them go.

One Piece Manga has spoilt me for villains.

From reviews of the anime, it seems the main antagonist is flamboyantly camp, so that should at least be amusing.

Anyway, finished Maximum Ride vols. 1&2. I'm not the target demographic but it was still enjoyable.

Ah i see, yeah they are throwaway characters the first few homouncli, they do make a surprise reappearance towards the very end (and i mean the very end) but they are just like the hollows in Bleach, forgettable and un-important.

Yotsuba volume 7. I nearly pissed myself when she goes to punch a sheep at a ranch and her dad reminds her about telling her not to punch the animals when they were at the zoo.

Just finished Not Simple and could not take my eyes off it, I read the whole thing in one go.

The story was go engaging and dramatic at parts, It was such a great read.

Claymore - Brought myself uptodate. Still loving it.
Berserk - Brought myself uptodate. Yay, Gutts got to stretch his legs after a good wait. *chop* =D
Spice & Wolf - Great manga... just need to wait for more to be released now. T_T

After a short drought in reading material, i've worked through Negima! volume 25 which was a good read overall. Finally getting a little bit of flashbacks which is good to see.
Also, am planning to read through Hellsing Volume 9 later tonight. Now if only we could get volume 10 out here sooner. At least now with it out in japan, it seems likely that we could get it soon.

EDIT: I just realised, it's out next month, awesome.

I'm actually re-reading Negima in an attempt to properly catch up with it, just about starting volume 9, leading up to the Mahora Festival.

けっかいし - Yellow Tanabe

Kekkaishi

This has become one of my favourite shonen manga. It’s humorous and action packed. So far the demons and other enemies are interesting. I have high hopes for this manga.

Even the author’s notes are amusing.

Sadamoto's Evangelion when it seldom updates and the Fullmetal Alchemist one. I need to check out Highschool of the Dead sometime as well.

Back