What manga are you reading now?

Gunsmith Cats (Revised Edition) Vol. 3.

The arc spanning chapters 35-43 is the best yet. Never before have I read anything which has made me feel like I'm watching an action film the way Gunsmith Cats does. Not just any action film either, but the best action film I have never seen. Grin a mile wide as I read this, I laughed out loud several times. Not least at the girl whose boobs were so big that when she leaned out of the car window she couldn't get back in.

I appreciate Riding Bean so much more now as well. And hooray for Riff-Raff!* Being a Gall Force fan I recognised that character design straight away...

*Not to be confused with the Rocky Horror Show character or the anthropomorphic cat. But hooray for them too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ayase - I believe you now understand why I say that Gunsmith cats is my favourite manga.

I'm currently reading the second half of Welcome to the NHK.

chaos said:
Ayase - I believe you now understand why I say that Gunsmith cats is my favourite manga.
Sure as hell do. It might be mine by the time I'm finished (maybe I can have a favourite peaceful manga and a favourite violent manga?) ;)

ayase said:
The one where Rally has the bet with Bean that he'll stop delivering drugs if she can beat him.

Best. Car chase. Ever.
nice one.
I particularly like that one.
Have you read it all? Mr V arc was amazingly surprising for me when i've read it the first time.

And do get Burst =D

Finished Vol. 3 last night, will probably start Vol. 4 tonight. Part of me wants to just keep reading, but part of me doesn't want it to end... at least I still have Burst to look forward to.

ayase said:
Finished Vol. 3 last night, will probably start Vol. 4 tonight. Part of me wants to just keep reading, but part of me doesn't want it to end... at least I still have Burst to look forward to.
I've collected the singles at first and bought the original DH tankobons, not the revised editions. So I'm completely lost. Also, the single volumes I've left at my mum's place and the tankobons does not have the chapters listed for some reason.

One thing though, Burst is been slowly released in the US with volume 5 coming out in March next year. It might be worth to wait as it reads as a single arc, while the original series had many arcs. The wait does kill me.
XD

I'm also considerig triple dipping into this one, as I've heard the revised is also uncensored... Can you confirm it to me Ayase?
It's the brothel scene I'm talking here. Oh, I've also had the original japanese tankobons, so it would actually be quadruple dipping.

This is one of those instances taht my otakuness scaries me...

chaos said:
I'm also considerig triple dipping into this one, as I've heard the revised is also uncensored... Can you confirm it to me Ayase?
It's the brothel scene I'm talking here.
I think it's as uncensored as it's ever going to get - I'm informed that scene in particular was censored even in the original artwork (ie: shadow man - if you have the originals you'll know for sure). But no-one else seems to be missing any vital parts of their anatomy.

Vol. 3 ends after Chapter 53, if that means more to you.

-----

Update: Gunsmith Cats (Revised edition) Vol. 4, Chapters 54-67

Yep, you were right chaos, another brilliant arc and probably one of the darkest. Total murderous paedorapist bitch queen from hell obviously destined for a bad end though she was, I'm gonna miss my Goldie. ;_;

And I think I now understand people who fantasize about being rape victims. Nasty... but oh so hot (spoilers).

Last edited by a moderator:
The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service Volume 9. More in the day to day life of college students that use their abilities to carryout the final wishes of the dead and deliver their corpses to where they want to go.

Read from a couple days back to today:

Gunsmith Cats Revised vol 1 - Very entertaining i will say. Guns, gals, car chases, explosions, the whole lot, what's not to like? Not really sure what else to add actually, hah. Bar the fact that i'm just about to order 2 + 3.

Arbalest said:
Read from a couple days back to today:

Gunsmith Cats Revised vol 1 - Very entertaining i will say. Guns, gals, car chases, explosions, the whole lot, what's not to like? Not really sure what else to add actually, hah. Bar the fact that i'm just about to order 2 + 3.
It's my favourite manga for a reason =)

BTW, Ayase, have you finished GSC?
Started burst already? I think it's slightly weaker than the original one, but still very good.

Yeah, finished it last night actually. It's gone straight in at No. 2 on my favourite manga list. Haven't got Burst yet, but I certainly will.

Back