What manga are you reading now?

Just finished Godchild again. It's been sitting on my book shelf for two years. Still as amazing as the first time I read it. I'm always on the hunt for a good new manga series that I sometimes forget about the old.

Why this was never turned into an anime, I will never know...

Just finished IWGP 1-4.

I enjoyed it, though it often felt quite abrupt and the best characters/scenarios never got much time (perhaps in the novels/drama?).

Finally going to start Fujoshi Rumi next when my volume 1 turns up in the post, allowing me to read the next few volumes I already picked up in sales.

R

I'm trying to re-read 4/8 of Togari in order to finish it. My motivation is low, and I'm taking forever as a result.

I'm also trying to re-read 1-6/9 of High School Girls in an attempt to finish it. I LOVE the series, but it takes forever to read due to the amount of dialogue, and re-reading is never as fun as reading something the first time.

Once I'm done with those two, I'll get my Video Girl Ai on, and I'll also *try* once again to finish the Suikoden III manga; re-reading 1-7/11 for the 100th time.

1-4 of 666 Satan, again. I'm going to read everything I bought that I never finished, might even read Vagabond. Downloaded several series as well.

That's a good plan; reading what you own but never finished. About a month back, I went through my eight volumes of 'A.I. Love You' after previously on-holding it. And I finished another series I own in full the other day.

Togari: Finished. (eight volumes)
Kimi no Todoke: Up to date. (four volumes)
Bunny Drop: Started. (one volume)
High School Girls: Attempting to finish. It's taking awhile 'cause I decided to re-read 1-6; HSG having A LOT of dialogue.

Claymore Chap. 100-102
Berserk Chap. 211-212
Love Hina Vol. 1+2

So I'm back update with Claymore and Berserk (sill loving them). Decided to bring Love Hina out of retirement also. I had only managed to read the first volume over a year ago and never got any further. I decided to give it another go last week and have gotten through the first vol.1+2. Looking forward to reading vol.3.

edit: Love Hina Vol. 3+4

Been reading manga a lot mostly, anime is pretty dead to me right now, kind of glad, last manga I fully completed was Pluto back in September.

I've read...

- Memories of Emanon (short story)
- Brothers of Japan (short stories)
- Hallucination in the womb (short stories)
- His Killing Plan (one-shot)
- Kekkai Sensen (one-shot+short story)
- Hiroki at After School (one-shot)
- Owari to Hajimari no Miles (series)
- Mirai Nikki (series)
- Sexy Voice and Robo (series)

Got Hiroki Endo's latest series downloaded too, not sure what to expect, haven't read it yet.

The first four volumes of Black Lagoon. Aside from some story arc rearrangement and the action lacking motion, it's been identical to the anime. Yet, oddly enough, I like it more than the anime. I guess that's what happens when you get a manga with quality art and silly action sequences--motion makes those silly action sequences look worse, and art that's copied will always look inferior.

I also had a look at Maoh. A mysterious power than can control what a person says, a country/world in need of change, rebels fighting for the greater good... I feel like I've seen this somewhere before. Most odd!... Ignoring the obvious Geass comparisons, I'm unsure where the series is heading, but I'm very interested in seeing how it develops. Battles with psychics, strategies over how to use an awkward/not Godly power and some light political drama--I'm intrigued!

Just finished Bleach 28, is cool stuff even though it's not exactly breaking new ground.

Recent reads: Vampire Knight 9, Excel Saga 21, Pluto 8, Black Jack 3.

Just random bits and bobs really - all good stuff! :D

Oninagi volume 2

Another great volume and it's making me look forward to volume 3 as the ending left on a cliffhanger

Last edited by a moderator:
just read Rosario+Vampire volume 1

and i quite like the fact that ecchi is practically absent, the overkill of ecchi in the anime kinda ruined it for me

Back