What Games Are You Playing?

I finished Horizon Zero Dawn this morning.
I've not long started it and already I am massively impressed. The world is just incredible, the fights are exhilarating (especially coming from playing Zelda:BotW directly before hand), so I'm really looking forward to delving further into this game. That said, my very own Aloy is pretty damn high on my list.....

I've also been playing a bit of Playerunknown's Battlegrounds, pretty damn awesome. I mean the game is in early access so it runs like $%£& but man is it addictive. I have yet to win a match solo (came 2nd a few times) but me and one of my mates have won a bunch of times playing in the Duo playlist.

Playing Valkyria Chronicles on the PS4...had it for a while but didn't get round to playing it. Shame the anime has never been licensed as I really liked it.

I've not long started it and already I am massively impressed. The world is just incredible, the fights are exhilarating (especially coming from playing Zelda:BotW directly before hand), so I'm really looking forward to delving further into this game. That said, my very own Aloy is pretty damn high on my list...

You're in for SUCH a treat! My only advice would be to do every single quest you can. It's through those that lot of the setting and lore is established.

I've resolved today that I need to replay the whole thing. It was THAT good.

Grabbed the Platinum trophy in Crash Bandicoot 3 :D I started with Crash 3 as it's the first game I played in the series and my favourite one <3 A few time trials took me lots of attempts but I eventually did them and so happy to get 105% again

Have you Platinum'd it as well? You get a small gift from Sony!

In all honesty, the whole 'trophy' thing doesn't really interest me. So it's not really something I feel like checking out. That said, if the gift from Sony is something I can eat, I might look into it. :p

Apparently there's a newly released patch for Horizon that adds some new stuff. AWWW, YEAH! That's just what I needed.

I've moved on to the latest in my massive stack of PS3 games now. Spending an hour each night blasting robots in Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, and really loving it. Not as much as Horizon, obviously (Optimus Prime isn't as easy on the eye as Aloy, for one thing - and there's a curious lack of trees and shrubbery on Planet Cybertron) but, whatevs. Once that's done, I actually have to get some opinions on a few of the games I've played recently typed up and recorded * - but then I fully intend to go back to hunting robot animals in a post post-apocalyptic countryside.

*Possible hint dropped about something cool happening sometime, somewhere soon, maybe.

Last edited:
In all honesty, the whole 'trophy' thing doesn't really interest me. So it's not really something I feel like checking out. That said, if the gift from Sony is something I can eat, I might look into it. :p

Apparently there's a newly released patch for Horizon that adds some new stuff. AWWW, YEAH! That's just what I needed.

Sorry you can't eat a
Horizon: Zero Dawn platinum theme.
:p

I mostly go for platinums if I like the game enough and it's easy enough, the hardest probably being The Witcher 3 and The Last of Us. I have 30 platinums.

No new content as such. It's a New Game + and a harder difficulty options with a trophy for finishing each (hopefully can be done together, whilst also being able to play the DLC).

Picked up Hollow Knight in the Steam sale, and played it for a few hours so far. Really nicely made metroidvania game. The visuals and sound are incredible, and the gameplay is nice and tight as well. I have a few little niggles, but overall it's been fantastic so far, hope it keeps up for the rest of it.

No new content as such. It's a New Game + and a harder difficulty options with a trophy for finishing each (hopefully can be done together, whilst also being able to play the DLC).

Yeah - the most I could see that's been added are some new outfits (actually a pretty big deal for me - I loved the aspect that you can kit Aloy out in different gear for different scenarios) and a new weapon or two.

I'm really hoping there'll be further stuff down the line. Horizon's the kind of game that makes me start thinking about buying spare parts to keep my PS4 running for years to come just so that I can keep playing it indefinitely.

Yeah - the most I could see that's been added are some new outfits (actually a pretty big deal for me - I loved the aspect that you can kit Aloy out in different gear for different scenarios) and a new weapon or two.

I'm really hoping there'll be further stuff down the line. Horizon's the kind of game that makes me start thinking about buying spare parts to keep my PS4 running for years to come just so that I can keep playing it indefinitely.

I never really used different outfits. I stuck with the stealth one as it looked the best (most looked ugly to me) and then tried to find the best weaves to stick on it. I've now found the
ancient tech outfit which you can only get towards the end
I would rather instead of outfits with different stats you could mix and match different parts of an outfit (head, torso and bottom) and plug in the weaves that you want. Sort of like Skyrim and enchanting.

I'm sure it'll be either on PS Now or maybe having seen the good will generated by Microsoft with their backwards compatibility the PS5 will have it as well!?

I'm sure it'll be either on PS Now or maybe having seen the good will generated by Microsoft with their backwards compatibility the PS5 will have it as well!?

Apologies in advance if this isn't what you meant, but Sony recently all but outright said they're not bothered about backwards compatibility. So, it looks like I'll have to snag a digital copy if I want to play it long after the optical drive in my PS4 knackers out. That said, I reckon future iterations of the Playstation will definitely see remastered or updated editions of Horizon. It's an amazing game, it's sold by truckloads, and peopel seem to be falling in love with it.

I've actually been prompted to write something to Sony about this, albeit in very broad terms. I might share somethig of it here when it's been edited into shape.

Basically, I really wish we could get away from having game consoles with an excess of perishable moving parts. Optical drives are one of the worst things to happen to gaming technology, full stop. Replacing lasers in older consoles is possible, but it's tricky when Sony or Microsoft opt to use units that aren't easy to come by as after-market pick-ups. I actually own something like four replacement units for my PS2, so that should be running for a good while yet. But PS3 and above? Forget it. If you own a late model PS3, spare parts are a nightmare to source. Seems to be the case for PS4 as well. Not cool.

As for the outfits in Horizon, those are well worth investigating. I'm a bit of a costume design freak, and there's some really great stuff in there. They also do have an appreciable effect during gameplay, which is neat.

Apologies in advance if this isn't what you meant, but Sony recently all but outright said they're not bothered about backwards compatibility. So, it looks like I'll have to snag a digital copy if I want to play it long after the optical drive in my PS4 knackers out.

I thought that was ruled out for PS4. It seems to have been a popular move by Microsoft so who knows in the future. Although they have started to add PS4 games to PS Now, their game streaming service, so they may want to try and stick with that.

I've recently brought a 2Tb external HD for my PS4 as I'm starting to pick up more digital copies, although I still mostly go physical as new games tend to be cheaper and I can get a discount on stuff from the store I work in.

Last edited:
I've recently brought a 2Tb external HD for my PS4 as I'm starting to pick up more digital copies, although I still mostly go physical as new games tend to be cheaper and I can get a discount on stuff from the store I work in.

I've done that too! Althugh, in my case, it was a repurposed back up HDD. I bought a new 4TB desktop to claim against tax this year, so mu old back-up drive is now home to my PS4 downloads. I'm told that apparently the PS4 makes minimal use of the optical drive, opting to use it as a 'key reader' for a lot of games, so, who knows... maybe I'll be enjoying stuff on that for a long while yet.

HDD back-ups are definitely something hardware developers should be embracing without enforcing silly dictates. The first thing I did with my Wii when I bought it a while back was have a clued up pal soft-mod it so I can rip games to an external HDD and play them from there. The disc drives in those have a pathetic lifespan.

BUUUUT, I digress. I really just wish we could get back to having game consoles that are built like tanks. I mean, I have an old SNES tucked away somewhere that still works all these years since I bought it. They just don't make 'em like they used to, I guess!

Final Fantasy X
[insert Tidus laughing Gif Here]
Now finished it, sans best weapons because **** that Chocobo mini game and Lightning dodging!

Last edited:
Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy [PlayStation 4]
As a fan of the original PlayStation games I went into this remaster/remake with some good expectations. And they delivered way more than I had expected. Crash 1 is a lot of fun and even a bit more challenging due to the changes made to the jumping physics. Crash 2 was not my favourite but I appreciated the work done to it. Crash 3 is my favourite but I found some changes weren't as strong as the original.

Overall it's worth grabbing and it's also an pretty okay Platinum x 3. Yes I said okay (sort of). Crash Bandicoot 1 is the hardest of the three, and while I know many have complained over The High Road on Relic mode it's actually not that bad since it just requires some practice (don't worry about the idea of 'oh I have to beat the entire run on a rope' because you can get through about 90% of the level normally). Some levels are a challenge when getting the special gems I won't lie they were pretty annoying at times but it's way easier than the original. Crash 2 is better but you'll need to get the hang of the slide trick and map out how to get certain gems because it's a maze to get them all. Some trails were tedious as well. Crash 3 is just easy, with some tedious moment such as the vehicle segments and that one level where you need to do certain things to acquire the Yellow gem.

Difficulty wise I would say Crash 1 is a 6/10, Crash 2 is a 4/10 and Crash 3 is a 3/10.

Crash 1 is not 100% complete as there's DLC yet to be released, rumoured to be the unreleased levels from the first game's development.

Platinum Completed List:

So here's the current Platinum progress in total:

#01 | PS3 - Saints Row: The Third (+ All DLC)

#02 | PS3 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle
#03 | PS3 - Hyperdimension Neptunia
#04 | Vita - Dekamori Senran Kagura
#05 | PS3 - Steins;Gate
#06 | PS3 - NieR
#07 | PS3 - No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise
#08 | PS3 - Asura's Wrath (DLC Trophies not acquired)
#09 | PS3 - Saints Row IV (DLC Trophies not acquired)
#10 | PS3 - The Darkness II

#11 | PS3 - Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2
#12 | PS3 - Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD
#13 | Vita - Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
#14 | Vita - Gravity Rush (DLC Trophies not acquired)
#15 | PS3 - Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
#16 | PS4 - Resogun
#17 | Vita - Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
#18 | PS4 - Game of Thrones: A Telltale Game

#19 | Vita - Miracle Girls Festival
#20 | PS4 - Senran Kagura Estival Versus
#21 | PS4 - The Wolf Among Us
#22 | PS4 - Final Fantasy XV (DLC Trophies not acquired)
#23 | PS4 - Amplitude
#24 | PS4 - Root Letter
#25 | Vita - IA/VT -Colorful-
#26 | Vita - Persona 4: Dancing All Night
#27 | PS4 - Gravity Rush Remastered
#28 | PS4 - NieR: Automata
#29 | PS4 - The Silver Case HD
#30 | PS4 - Steins;Gate 0
#31 | PS3 - Under Defeat HD
#32 | PS4 - Tales from the Borderlands
#33 | PS3 - Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection
#34 | PS4 - Life is Strange
#35 | PS4 - Sword Art Online: Lost Song
#36 | PS4 - Crash Bandicoot HD
#37 | PS4 - Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back HD
#38 | PS4 - Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped HD

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age...I'm so glad it's got the Japanese voice track. The only thing I don't like about the PS2 version was the god aweful English dub.

Finished Valkyrie Drive Bhikkuni on the PC, including the true ending. Just got the challenges and Survival modes to do.

Manpukumaru is the best girl.

Mostly watching through blu rays but i have been trying to complete furi. If anyone knows who the stealth boss is, that is some artificial difficulty right there

Back