What Games Are You Playing?

Currently working through Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy - finished off the first of the three games and working through the second one now. The controls of the second are immensely better than the first, it's not even funny. I also didn't realise until after looking into it earlier today that the jumping physics for Crash 1 where changed to match that of Crash 3, which may seem good in concept, it doesn't match the way crash 1 plays, so it actually makes the game harder than it needs to be XD Some of the stages are a pain to get through because of it....

Also nearly at the finishing line for Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus - Finished 60% of the main story for the schools and 75% of the stories for each character. It's a fairly simple game with decent enough combat but the story is really pretty crappy. Could do with upping that a little to be honest....

I'm replaying Final Fantasy XIII, just because I feel like it. I'm going to try for 100% achievements, but then I always say that when I play this game and I inevitably give up when the post-story grind gets real.
Can't believe this game is around a decade old now, time flies.

both PC - I got back into Dead Space late last night you gotta have a survival horror in your library! played a strike on Destiny 2 Beta my brother's been staying around and wanted to try it. totally worth getting if I wasn't annoyed at how the first game turned out, with anyone else you play with well experienced in the raid you want to play because you have a job, and the only way to get the gjallhahorn is RNGesus on a hard raid where the enemies are invincible to anything but the gjallhahorn. D2 is still fun as it is now though

I downloaded the Danganronpa V3 demo; previously started it in Japanese then wimped out because I thought it might spoil the game. I just found out it doesn't so I got the localised demo to avoid problems importing my save across versions. Loved every second of it. The hype waiting for the UK release is going to be painful.

R

Digimon World Next Order.
it's too nostalgic lol, I remember playing the original and sucking at it and always getting a Numemon or Sukamon lol
thankfully I'm avoiding that this time.

About a century after everyone else played it, I finally started on Halo 4 last night. Holy cow - I can't believe what a visual step up it is from Halo 3! This is a 360 game?!

Kind of confused as to why the devs felt the need to overly sexualise Cortana, though. Maybe somebody at 343 has a thing for naked blue babes made of raw data. I dunno. Developers are weird.

Last edited:
Finished first run of Sonic Mania. It's a very good game that just could have done with a stinger story and transitions. A big slice of nostalgia very enjoyable

I downloaded the Danganronpa V3 demo; previously started it in Japanese then wimped out because I thought it might spoil the game. I just found out it doesn't so I got the localised demo to avoid problems importing my save across versions. Loved every second of it. The hype waiting for the UK release is going to be painful.

R
Out of interest, did you try this on the Vita or PS4?

I adored the original games on the Vita, but they seemed a bit clunky on the PSTV, just wondering if they've remedied this? (Since it seems have a console based release now as well).

Out of interest, did you try this on the Vita or PS4?

I adored the original games on the Vita, but they seemed a bit clunky on the PSTV, just wondering if they've remedied this? (Since it seems have a console based release now as well).

Slow response from me (oops). I was planning to do the Vita version but then I got stressed trying to work out whether the demo completion bonus would apply due to all of the mismatched regions involved in my setup and went with PS4. I then cancelled my Vita preorder and switched to PS4 for the main game as it looked very nice.

R

Yakuza Kiwami, really good so far made it to chapter 5 or 6 I think. Also Splatoon 2 on the Switch and FFIV DS on my bus journey to work.

I'm looking forward to Danganronpa 3 too, still need to play through the demo though :)

Played both Final Fantasy VIII and IX

IX
is a superb game that tackles very dark and mature issues, yet has a rather lighthearted look from the outset

VIII was a disappointment, I put a lot of time into it and it didn't really pay off for me.

Also played some LSD Dream Emulator

Today I've been playing Life is Strange: Before the Storm and Azure Striker Gunvolt (as part of the Switch port). Both games are really good and while I finished both today, I got a lot of enjoyment out of Before the Storm and it's just nice having Gunvolt on a new system so I don't have to pull the 3DS out all the time.

Otherwise lately I've been playing Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Legacy (as I've never played the first 3 Ultimate Ninja Storm games). Again, already finished the first game but have challenges and stuff to go back to. Holding off starting another as I'm trying to make my way through Trails of Cold Steel on my Vita. I'm on chapter 4 so I know I'm not too far from the end (I think I'm 50-60% through the game), but so many new games keep coming out that it distracts me. >_<

Oh yeah... Been playing Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle as well, but not sure I'll finish it. The difficulty really shot up and I suck at strategy games, so I think that might be one I put away and don't let my pride think about too much lol. I really did want to enjoy and finish it, but I think it's just not for me somehow. Oh well.

Played the Destiny 2 beta on PC, gotta say going back to console is gonna be hard (if I decide to get it at all tbh, maybe wait till a few expansions are out) as the game at 60fps and with a wider FOV (it also has 21:9 support....tbh it's a great port or whatever ya wanna call it) is just smooth AF. But it's still the same game and despite the hours I put in the first game, I'm not exactly itching to dive back in so as I said, probably wait a bit.

Just downloading the new Xcom 2 expansion, really looking forward to more Xcom goodness.

I've also been playing Overwatch, but then I'm always playing Overwatch....

Oh yeah, played some Street Fighter V for the first time in ages as they added a new waifu I mean character....but seriously, waifu

She's pretty fun and ya can do some cool stuff but it's still Street Fighter V and I just don't enjoy it unfortunately (and that makes me so sad to say as Street Fighter is one of my favourite franchises).

Last edited:
Still playing Fire Emblem Heroes somehow... Resisted the urge to actually spend money on it thus far. They introduced some free units this week that broke the current arena meta, which made things more interesting.

Back