What Games Are You Playing?

I'm still playing Persona 4.

A while ago, I got Lost Planet: Colonies (the special edition with the Acerid) and the MP was hectic. Didn't know what happen and it was too much blasting, so I turned it off =/

Hopefully, I'll get back into it today. Otherwise, I think I'll concentrate on GoW2 that I borrowed from a friend. It's going back on Thursday anyway.

Chrono Mizaki said:
A while ago, I got Lost Planet: Colonies (the special edition with the Acerid) and the MP was hectic. Didn't know what happen and it was too much blasting, so I turned it off =/
PC or 360? (Not that it matters for either, since Colonies has the option to play online against both PC and 360 players.) You should play with me some time!

Lupus said:
Chrono Mizaki said:
PC or 360? (Not that it matters for either, since Colonies has the option to play online against both PC and 360 players.) You should play with me some time!

360... So yeah, add me (make sure you do because you didn't last time) and I'll play with you. Hopefully, I'll get use to the chaos.

Story-wise, it's hillarious in a corny way.

I am on round 2 of Resident Evil 4.

I have upgraded my Killer7 to the max fire power. I killed Salazar, a boss who I had great difficulty with the first time through the game, in less than a minute this time because of my Killer7. I didn't even get hit by him and used about seven bullets.

Is RE4 fun when you can just kill everything with massive ease? I know that the idea of stealth and unlimited ammo is incredibly exciting in Metal Gear Solid, but everything is made so simple with them that the game quickly becomes rather boring.

CitizenGeek said:
Is RE4 fun when you can just kill everything with massive ease? I know that the idea of stealth and unlimited ammo is incredibly exciting in Metal Gear Solid, but everything is made so simple with them that the game quickly becomes rather boring.

Indeed it is. There are still the odd enemy's that are capable of killing me though. At the moment my death count is 5 and I am nearing the end of the game. The fun is not taken though as, firstly, a new difficulty is unlocked as well, and also there are still the chainsaw men and all the other tough enemy's.

Metal Gear Solid, I found, was not quite as fun when I had the stealth and bandana. It takes the fun out of this "stealth/action" game, and also defeats the entire point of it too. Thus it becomes boring unless I play it properly. So yes, I can adapt with that. But regardless, Resident Evil 4 is still fun when you have powerful guns. Not all of them are as powerful anyway, and it's difficult finding ammo for the Killer7.

Replaying Fallout 3 trying to go the neutral path (Which is extremely taxing) Bought the DLC too and played 'em both, Operation: Anchorage was good but didn't feel like I accomplished anything and the Pitt seemed like it had that epic feel to it, but it was a little short and the build up didn't really amount to much. Worth playing however.

I played the first few minutes of Persona 4 earlier today and I was very underwhelmed by the graphics. It does seem like an enjoyable game, though, so I'm looking forward to properly playing it over the summer when I have the time :]

Judging P4 by its graphics is a bad thing to do. You're going into the game with a backward way of thinking. Atlus aren't SE - they don't have the same sort of money and make games on the cheap. If you go into P4 expecting KH2 visuals then you'll be left scratching your head.

Until you get around to playing it, you might enjoy watching the Giant Bomb Endurance Run. Basically, it's a series of videos that cover the journey of two hopeless guys as they see how far they can get into P4. They've released 40 videos so far and lots of people who haven't played P4 love the vids.

Link: http://www.giantbomb.com/shin-megami-te ... 73/videos/

Also, prepeare to be as overwhelmed by the gameplay as you are underwhelmed by the graphics. There's a lot for a Persona newbie to take in at first, and the game starts out hard as a result.

I wasn't judging the game by it's graphics, I just noticed that seemed fairly poor. Especially considering it's coming right at the end of the PS2's life cycle. I know not every game is going to look as amazing as FFXII or KHII, but I expected P4 to look better than FFX at least (which came out in 2002, IIRC) but it really doesn't. Still, it probably won't bother me as much as the game progresses.

Do you recommend I use the "Beginner" level when I start on P4, then?

Changing the difficulty won't help you get used to dealing with social links, stat raising and managing your time well. That you learn with practice. The problem is, after the 3-4 hour introduction to the story, the gameplay kinda just gets thrown at you.

In terms of bosses, only the first proper boss will really hurt you. It's probably the hardest in the game because it comes at a time when you aren't used to how the game works and don't have much in the way of skills. It's downhill in terms of difficukty from there.

I'd say play it on normal. If we were talking about Persona 3 I might've said have a go on easy because that's harder, but Persona 4 isn't so bad on the battling side after the first boss. It'd take all the fun out of it if you played it on easy and have no issues with any of the bosses at all.

Since i'm at home now, i've got a chance to try out the PS3, and as such i've been working Disgaea 3, which is great, specially voice acting wise. Gameplay has a few new added extras which make it more interesting and, of course, there is Prinnies.
Also, my copy of Valkyria Chronicles arrived today so i'll be starting that later on tonight.

Back