What Games Are You Playing?

The Sims 2, as always. I'm addicted to it!
Although I don't know if I want The Sims 3 or not. Most of the unappealing "improvements" and the apparent restriction on custom content creation has put me off a little bit.
But I'll wait and see when more information is released. And when it's cheaper. :wink:

Finally finished Zelda: Phantom Hourglass just a few minutes ago. I started playing earlier today and just kept it up until it was over. Overall, it was an outstanding game. Looking forward to Spirit Tracks now :]

And I've just finished FFXII: Revenant Wings now :]

The final battle was intensely difficult. I started the game a fair few months ago but only managed to work up the motivation to beat the last boss in the last few weeks. It was worth it though, the ending was pretty cool and this game has cemented in my mind the fact that FFXII is really my all-time favourite videogame!

Started playing Yakuza. I'm not so sure about the gamelay - the loading times are frequent, the in-game graphics are average and the gameplay mechanics have yet to be full explained - but the story has potential. I like it when a game actually has a semi-interesting story. If not for the lead character having a voice actor who sounds like he simply read the lines off a page without any effort, I'd be really into it.

It's too bad there wasn't much effort put into explaining the family setup and ranking system. It's all very confusing when lots of different groups of the same huge gang are split into different families...with the lack of explanations, it's been hard to keep track of everything. This is why there should've been a detailed story/character section in the manual.

And it has bugged me how "Aniki" and "Oyabon" haven't been translated into English. Yeah, like most people know calling someone "Aniki" is like calling a close friend brother. I sense much fail in the localization team.

I'll put in an hour or two into it when P3: FES gets a little too much. I tend to stay away from games that aren't of the role-playing variety because poor graphics and lots of action look messy on the PS2, but I'll give Yakuza a go because of its rep and seemingly very good story.

I'm currently 30 hours into Final Fantasy VIII. This is my second time through the game: ten years ago I reached the final boss and just couldn't beat it. What I didn't realise back then is that the enemies level up with you, and that the higher the player's level, the harder the game becomes. So all those hours spent levelling up were not only pointless, but actually made combat more difficult.

This time around I've avoided levelling up too much, deciding instead to turn enemies into cards and running away when that's not possible. I've also paid much more attention to junctioning, refining powerful magic from cards and items early on. My characters' strength stats are so high that I haven't needed to use any magic nor those pesky GFs with their annoying unskippable summon animations.

Lux-Pain arrived today and I'll probably have a crack at that later.

FFVIII's battle system is bizarre, really. I, too, got to the end of the game and was unable to progress because of how difficult it got. I'd appreciate some more advice from you for my next playthrough :p

erm....

Get the Lion Heart gunblade, use the Lion Heart limit break.

Game Over.

edit: Ok, so apart from the fact that the game is rendered far too easy by that one move, the Junction system is actually incredibly simple. It's just explained by a ridiculously overlong tutorial that cannot fail to make you go: eh? Especially considering that it drops it all on you at a point in the game when you don't have any bloody magic.

It's simply a case of 'drawing' high level magic (same as most traditional FFs) and using them in the junction slots for your important stats (Str, HP etc. though broadly, healing spells go in the defence slots and damage spells go in attack stats), but the Auto setting will probably do that for you anyway. You get those junction slots by carefully managing your GF's growth and assigning GFs to characters so to avoid overlaps (so everyone ends up with as full set of Str/HP/Agi-J as possible).

You draw much of the highest level magics by finding the 'Islands closest to Heaven/Hell' and running around pressing the X button like a tard. Though it helps if you have the encounter-nil (it's not called that, it does that) GF ability learned, because all the most horrible enemies are there... though once you're strong enough, they often have much of the nasty magic that you want anyway. Just work out a way to regularly survive their attacks or render them harmless, and sit back and enjoy 45 minutes of draw animations. YAWN.

You don't even need to draw every magic. Meltdown, the best magic for vitality, can be refined from a low-level card very early in the game. Most of the other important magics can be drawn from storyline bosses and it shouldn't take that long if you have a decent magic stat.

Street Fighter IV is the central game for me at present. It is really fun to play.

I have unlocked my prioritised character, Sakura, but now I must unlock Cammy! I also want to become an expert at the game generally, using Sakura (naturally).

O yes; I have also been playing Street Fighter Alpha 3 and Capcom Vs SNK 2 as well.

I have always been one for the 2D fighting games, or just fighting games overall, despite once hating them passionately.

Picked up Dead Rising again, started doing things differently apart from playing the game normally. I'm going to attempt seven day survivor on infinity mode soon. (14 hours non-stop gameplay with no save points? FUUUUUUUUUUUU)

Been playing Breath of Fire 2 with the DS lately .Never played this one before but i played the third and fourth ones

Back