What Games Are You Playing?

Should note that as soon as i got Halo Wars, and went on a marathon and completed it the same day i got it. Campaign isn't too long but its certainly a good game. I don't see why people keep complaining about no Covenant Campaign, it wouldn't fit into the game at all, unless it was set elsewhere. Overall 8/10 i think, could've been a bit longer and there could be a few more maps on multiplayer/skirmishes, something i expect DLC will remedy.

Asides from still playing that on skirmish, skull collecting and unlocking parts of the timeline, i'm on SFIV a fair bit and Chrono Trigger from time to time as well.

Halo Wars. I finished the campaign last night, so I'm essentially just trying to get as many miscellaneous achievements as possible before taking a break from it. Other than that I'm mopping up CoD4 on veteran.

Just downloading The new "Epilogue" expansion add-on for Prince of Perisa via Xbox Live at present so shall be working on that after its finished. And looking forward to it also, specially after the original ending.

Replaying all the old Infinity Engine RPG's (Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale series') since now I have an external hard-drive I've got plenty of space to have them all installed. Who needs 3D? Instead of developing new game engines, they could have made an Infinity game every year for the past ten years and I'd still have bought them all.

Switching between Persona 4 and Twilight Princess, with both clocked at around 11-12 hours. After not owning a game I really wanted to play for ages, I received both within 24 hours of each other. It's great it worked out that way because if all my gaming attention was focused on Persona I'm pretty sure it'd drive me to suicide.

I'm not sure if I love or hate Persona 4. I've always had issues with games pushing me, putting a time limit or restrictions on what I can or can't do. I play games at my own pace, and my own pace is usually slow. While the gameplay system is nothing new to me after playing 70 hours of P3, I've found the gameplay of P4 more diffucult to deal with for some reason. Ever since the introduction period ended, it's been a stop start experience because I mess up and reload or get annoyed and just turn it off all the time... I haven't been able to play it for more than a few hours at a time once the game started proper simply because of frustration.

When I played it last, I went to make a second save file in case I didn't get level 3 knowledge in time for the midterm exams...only to save over my other file by mistake. It turned out that I didn't have enough time to get the few extra points needed to reach level 3. This made me just a bit pissed off.

I've enjoyed Twilight Princess more. It's flawed, being a bit too easy since I was able to beat both of the first two bosses on my first attempts, but I've enjoyed playing it a lot. The dungeon gameplay has been varied as a result of new items, such as heavy, magnetic boots and a boomerang, coming into a play. And Link turns into a wolf from time to time, which varies the gameplay even more, preventing it from becoming stale. I think I'll actually manage to complete it without dropping it, which is a rare thing for me these days.

The last videogame I played since giving up on Phantom Hourglass (which is absurdly difficult and frustratingly uninformative, but good enough to warrant me returning to it with a FAQ eventually) was the demo for Resistance: Retribution on PSP which was outstanding. I usually don't like shooters, but I'm almost certain I'll end up picking up this game :]

Right now, I am playing Resident Evil 5 on my neighbours' PS3, which I have again borrowed. I like the game a lot so far, though the control system was a c*#t at the start. I'm used to it now and it's great. I'm playing it on easy because I really couldn't be bothered putting in an awful lot of effort to a game right now. The story seems pretty weak at the moment, too.

Carried some Halo kid through the majority of Veteran mode before he ditched me at 5-3 and I did it without using unlimited ammo, quite an achievement.

Speaking of achievements only got 4 left until I got 1000G on RE5. Can't wait for that DLC to arrive.

Lupus said:
Because it's essentially the Final Fantasy VII of the Resident Evil series, hyped up to the max. I still think you should play the older games, but you'd have the same ignorant mind-set as you do with the older FF games.

Are you ever going to get over the fact that - gasp! - I'm a Final Fantasy fan? Believe it or not, but liking Final Fantasy is not a crime against humanity and does no disqualify from having a valid opinion on other games. I still don't understand why me liking Final Fantasy bothers you so much, but I suggest you stop being so shockingly childish and simple minded, build a bridge and get over it :] I'm pretty sure we were supposed to be talking about Resident Evil, but if you wish to veer off topic, so be it ....

Preferring the later games in the FF series makes me ignorant? Are you for real, or are you actually so thick-headed as to suggest such a thing? Based on your wannabe 4chan nonsense, I'm assuming it's the latter.

But you don't seem to understand, still going on about the Aztec/Inca ruins game. It's a Capcom game, it's not meant to be geographically correct, they don't care bro. Most of their games stories are garbage anyway, Devil May Cry, Lost Planet, Resident Evil, etc. All bad games.

Explaining why the story is bad doesn't make the story any better. Of course there's a reason the story is bad; there's a reason for everything. D'uh!

Regardless of whether Capcom care about geography or not, finding Aztec ruins in Africa is jarring and cripples immersion in the game for anyone with even a remedial understanding of history and geography. Resident Evil 4 resembled rural Spain, which immersed me in the setting and helped with the atmosphere and such.

RE4 deviates from the origins of the series too much, it's like a side-story. I don't know what Mikami was thinking making it.

You're defending RE5 vs. RE4 by saying RE4 is the one that deviates from the series? Seriously?

CitizenGeek said:
Are you ever going to get over the fact that - gasp! - I'm a Final Fantasy fan? Believe it or not, but liking Final Fantasy is not a crime against humanity and does no disqualify from having a valid opinion on other games. I still don't understand why me liking Final Fantasy bothers you so much, but I suggest you stop being so shockingly childish and simple minded, build a bridge and get over it :] I'm pretty sure we were supposed to be talking about Resident Evil, but if you wish to veer off topic, so be it ....

I like how you read. I never actually associated you or that game together in the same sentence. But I was just giving an example of an extremely hyped up game and there's nothing more hyped that it. But I can mention some others if you'd like, it's the Metal Gear Solid 2 of RE, the Street Fighter II of RE, the Fable of RE. Good enough?

CitizenGeek said:
Preferring the later games in the FF series makes me ignorant?
Obviously, or I wouldn't have said it.

CitizenGeek said:
Based on your wannabe 4chan nonsense, I'm assuming it's the latter.
First sign of insult. You're cracking.

CitizenGeek said:
Explaining why the story is bad doesn't make the story any better. Of course there's a reason the story is bad; there's a reason for everything. D'uh!
RE5 includes three survivors from the Arklay Mountain incident from the original game, one being the main villain. Of course the villains advance the story forward as without them there wouldn't really be a story now, would there? Wesker has been there since day one. As Leon said in RE4, "Saddler, you're small time." being the generic throw away villain we can happily forget after one game. I believe the original villain would leave a stronger impression on the story than some guy who's in it for one game. Even though you know... both storys are fairly awful.

CitizenGeek said:
Regardless of whether Capcom care about geography or not, finding Aztec ruins in Africa is jarring and cripples immersion in the game for anyone with even a remedial understanding of history and geography. Resident Evil 4 resembled rural Spain, which immersed me in the setting and helped with the atmosphere and such.
Rural Spain was early in the game for RE4, early in the game for RE5 we had some African shanty towns. Mid-way in RE4 we have a grimdark European castle while we get tribesman in RE5, pretty sure it's quite accurate. The Aztec ruins in Africa is a bit of a stretch but the Resident Evil series in general is quite far fetched so complaining about it won't really get you anywhere.

CitizenGeek said:
You're defending RE5 vs. RE4 by saying RE4 is the one that deviates from the series? Seriously?

Yes it does without the change in RE4 the change wouldn't have occured with RE5, naturally.

Unrelated but any mod viewing this post I ask you to move our posts to the RE5 topic, since you know... the content in our posts are related to that topic and not this once. Thanks in advance.

Back