What Games Are You Playing?

Minecraft,

After building my own town of snow golems and a few choice iron golems i decided that a survival map made to test me to my limits was in order.... so i downloaded the skyblock challenge.

8 re installs later i've made it to a comfortable house, farms and building of a mob spawner. but water scaoofld freezing, losing the bucket, losing saplings and falling off the edge with all resources were main reasons for the re-installs.

Creepers blowing up everything if they are accidentally hit by another hostile mob are the banes of my life atm.

May sort out a server to play on and if anyone on here plays minecraft too maybe build an AUKN land :)

Beat Asura's Wrath. Was satisfied at the end of Episode 18. Was extremely unsatisfied at the end of True Episode 18. Ending as dlc? Cheers Capcom. Then again, I did buy the Lightning dlc...

I quite enjoyed how over the top it was and the efforts it made to keep going bigger and bigger as it went on. Plot was typical standard fare, especially from an anime fan's perspective, but it was sit down and turn your brain off entertainment. Certainly not worth full price, but £20? Sure!

I've been engineering some interesting games of Victoria 2 by freeing all states and using a mod to break all spheres of influence and alliances.

Untitled-2.jpg

Oh dear. That's not going to end well (the Israeli flag is that colour because they had a Communist revolution). But best of all:

Untitled3.jpg

Yes, Texan Spain, populated mainly by Turks and Mexicans.

I'm now playing the wait for Max Payne 3 to preload game. I actually have to go out tomorrow so no real rush.

However, in anticipation of MP3 I have been replaying Max Payne 2. I enjoy the whole game aspect of Max Payne 2, but enjoy the storyline and characters of 1 more. Although saying that, Max has some astoundingly good one liners in 2. I must admit though, I've got the same feeling that I had when Deus Ex: Human Revolution came around - New team, so many years on. Can they really get that Max Payne feeling after all this time? Remedy signing off on it is a good start so...I'll see tomorrow I guess.

Have also been slowing losing my life to the Binding of Isaac - Wrath of the Lamb dlc. I adored the game so much that I golden god'd it twice so unsurprisingly i'm really enjoying this. I forgot what it was like to be in a situation with the game where you have no idea what to expect or what anything does.

I dug out my old Theme Hospital CD and started playing a bit (with the help of CorsixTH, the open source port). It's still brilliant after all these years.

Between bouts of Ridge Racer which is pretty awesomely getting some DLC sometime in the near future based on Daytona USA, I have once again started a new game of Shin Megami Tensei: Persona (PSP)

Which Ridge Racer you talking about? Actual Ridge Racer like the Vita one and all the older ones, or Unbounded, which isn't a proper Ridge Racer at all, but is ok for people who don't like proper Ridge Racer.

Mutsumi said:
Which Ridge Racer you talking about? Actual Ridge Racer like the Vita one and all the older ones, or Unbounded, which isn't a proper Ridge Racer at all, but is ok for people who don't like proper Ridge Racer.

Ridge Racer VITA ;)

I really want that Hornet Car!

Still playing minecraft, the crash atleast gave me time to play abit more of it. oh and watch alot of comedians on dvd.

Oh god Max Payne 3 is so good! I've spent an hour and a half on it and I know I'm going to lose all my time to it. So far it's been a modern Max Payne and it works. The visual style, a-kin to Kane and Lynch 2 but so SO much better, actually works and I quite like it. I miss the noir aspects a little bit, but this feels like it fits Max well.

And it just oozes cool! Holding an assault rifle if you switch to a single pistol then Max will hold the rifle in his free hand. The bullet time and shoot dodging is as good as it ever was (Although having played MP2 recently i'm not used to shoot dodging just out right being space to jump!) and it's retained everything that makes a Max Payne game great. It's also surprisingly hard! Couple of times I've noticed myself quite close to death. There's definitely not as many painkillers around as MP2...

Max Takeshi said:
Genkina Hito said:
I never got my hands on Terranigma. The screenshots in the old Nintendo magazines always fascinated me as a child. I hope that gets ported to a modern console soon. I still need to finish Illusion of Time.

Sorry to say, but you missed out there. Such an excellent RPG. Easily my favourite on the console. I'm still burnt at how emotionally effecting the ending was. Incredible music for the system, too.

Also I'd love to join in the SNES game listing, but have over 100
icon_facepalm.gif
. So think it would be one block of text too many.

Well I hope Terranigma gets ported soon so I can experience some of that old school RPG goodness. Oh, and btw, Over 100 games? Whoa.

Playing Deadly Premonition. Bought it more than a year ago but I'm finally getting around to it.

I think you'll like DP, Genki, seeing as your a fan of Shenmue and quirky horror movies. Its like a combination of those two things. The shooting bits are truly awful, but the great script and voice acting (of York especially) and general madness of it all easily make up for that.

I recommend having a read through this comprehensive Beginner's Guide which covers some basics the game doesn't tell you about and will make your life much easier. A lot of players miss the side quest that gives York the ability to fast travel, and grabbing an infinite weapon will make the terrible combat less of a headache.

You can, of course, just sneak past most enemies while pressing one of the triggers, I think. York will hold his breath and won't be detected.

Lol. I have a 1000g in Deadly Premonition and I didn't know there was a fast travel side-quest.

You should check out the show "Twin Peaks" if you enjoy the game. It's very obviously influenced by it.

You can't sneak past those blasted ones that crawl of the side on the walls, urrgh they were a pain. I did miss both of those things of course lol. I would add that it's a least worth driving about to hear the great conversations York and Zack have, but after you've heard them the fast travel would be very convenient.

fabricatedlunatic said:
I recommend having a read through this comprehensive Beginner's Guide which covers some basics the game doesn't tell you about and will make your life much easier. A lot of players miss the side quest that gives York the ability to fast travel, and grabbing an infinite weapon will make the terrible combat less of a headache.

You can, of course, just sneak past most enemies while pressing one of the triggers, I think. York will hold his breath and won't be detected.

Thanks for the tips, chaps.

I wish I had found this last week when I started playing. I've lost out on the Magnum but I have the wrench and I'm on course for the guitar and I've souped up the police cruiser.

@Vash: You're right about this game appealing to me. I love the voice acting and York has become my favourite video game character ever. His taste in movies is wonderful and I cracked up during the diner scene.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rp5krDoflLI?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rp5krDoflLI?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Yeah, especially at a time where male game characters seem to be more dull and cliché than ever, or at the least more samey with most games trying to either replicate Nathan Drake or some space marine type, York really does stand out and is one of the very few genuinely interesting leads. He really does make the game. Though I'm not quite sure how they got away with using Naomi Watts face lol.

Back