What Games Are You Playing?

I am currently devouring some games...Whilst not doing work that I'm supposed to be doing, but hey some sacrifices must be made :p

Firstly, powered through the entire campaign for Modern Warfare 3 and whilst I didn't enjoy the storyline as much as Black Ops I found that I actually enjoyed playing it a lot more. Not once did I run across a situation where I thought "Ugh...Is this infinitely spawning enemies...?" which instantly makes it far better than the last few CODs put together. Although you shoot a LOT of dudes...I kind of wish there was a stat for how many as I highly suspect you hit Serious Sam levels of enemy destruction!

And secondly, started on a game I bought at it's launch and have been ashamed not to pick up properly till now - Ace Combat: Assault Horizon. Oh man! The soundtrack is terrific, I really like the new dog fight mode and helicopter missions! In my Ace Combat! They're on rails yet they don't suck balls! I love it! Also Idolm@ster planes.

Am not happy about the move away from fake places. Miami? I want my brilliantly fake names like Gracemeria, with the war between "Emmeria" and "Estovakia" damnit :D

Edit: Ooo! A heli mission not on rails. This keeps getting better :D

I FINALLY FINISHED ZELDA: SKYWARD SWORD LAST WEEK. I think that's about all i've done recently worth noting. Tis a grand achievement. I really enjoyed this title in the series. I realised there was always going to be skepticism with if it could match up, and...i think i will say it does. Did it do anything revolutionary with gameplay? not really, but i don't think that was their aim with the title anyways. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. What it did do, and i think it was a good choice to work on, was build a full on story for it. Most zelda titles keep it basic enough throughout, this one though pushed to do more. It kept to the basic zelda story format, but fleshed it out a lot more i think. I won't blurt on more, that'll do for now, hah.

In other news, i've been working on Super Robot Taisen L on the DS recently as well, enjoying that as i go. Still not too far into it mind you, 10 stages in. The banpresto original is fairly overpowered in this title, so is Iczer-1 since, she just can't get hit.

alexrose1uk said:
Genkina Hito said:
alexrose1uk said:
Ah Chronotrigger.

I still have my original US SNES cart which took me ages to find, cost me about 50 IIRC about 5-10 years ago.

Have you played Illusion of Time?

I don't think I've played it properly....I've got it though :)

My SNES collection is pretty respectable
!

Pretty awesome list.

I have

Animaniacs
Blazing Skies
Donkey Kong Country 1,2, & 3.
Earthworm Jim
Fifa Soccer 96
F-Zero
International Super Star Soccer
Illusion of Time
The Lawnmower Man
Mario Paint
NBA Jam
Parodius
Road Riot
Secret of Evermore
Starwing
Street Racer
Super Metroid
Super Mario All Stars
Theme Park
WWF Wrestlemania
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Right now I'm playing Trouble Witches Neo and debating whether to get Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition.

Last edited by a moderator:
You too Genkina? Why is everyone spoilering their games? =S Do you all have drop down boxes for spoilers or something?

alexrose1uk said:
Haha
It's not a bad collection IMO...WTB forum with spoiler drop down boxes :p

What does WTB mean? I urban dictionary'd it and it came up with want to buy =S

I'll second that feeling; why spoiler the games list? Highlighting it to view does not work on iphone. This is that rare instance where a spoiler tag is itself spoiling things. I implore you both to edit them out of the posts. Please.

Mutsumi said:
Highlighting it to view does not work on iphone.
Does on mine. Hold down somewhere in the spoiler until a word is selected and then drag either side to expand the selection.

The spoiler tags do seem a bit pointless though, I agree. What's being spoilt?

Genkina Hito said:
I never got my hands on Terranigma. The screenshots in the old Nintendo magazines always fascinated me as a child. I hope that gets ported to a modern console soon. I still need to finish Illusion of Time.

Sorry to say, but you missed out there. Such an excellent RPG. Easily my favourite on the console. I'm still burnt at how emotionally effecting the ending was. Incredible music for the system, too.

Also I'd love to join in the SNES game listing, but have over 100
icon_facepalm.gif
. So think it would be one block of text too many.

Asura's Wrath!

I punched a dude. I punched lots of dudes. Then one dude who was bigger than the planet.

I think i'm going to enjoy this and it's ridiculous OTT action. Other than that, will likely pop FFXIII-2 back in one final time tonight to do the Lightning dlc that just came out.

MercenaryRaiden said:
Asura's Wrath!

I punched a dude. I punched lots of dudes. Then one dude who was bigger than the planet.

I think i'm going to enjoy this and it's ridiculous OTT action. Other than that, will likely pop FFXIII-2 back in one final time tonight to do the Lightning dlc that just came out.

The Lightning DLC is kinda meh to be honest. Better than the Snow one though.

Anyway had to restart my Skyrim play-through due to a major glitch in one of the quest lines. I'm now running around as a pyromaniac High Elf. Fun times.

There isn't much more depressing than when you've sunk hours into a game and it corrupts the file or the game glitches and you find yourself having to restart the game with a sudden lack of will to play said game anymore.

I've had 3 ps3's yellow light on me, the disc drive break and mass file corruption. PS3 number 4 is a slim and so far *fingers crossed* it's still alive.

Luckily my trophy data has only lost me trophies once, certain mid-game trophies in wolverine are now not showing. But the main kick in the teeth was the save data.

Tachi said:
There isn't much more depressing than when you've sunk hours into a game and it corrupts the file or the game glitches and you find yourself having to restart the game with a sudden lack of will to play said game anymore.

I've had 3 ps3's yellow light on me, the disc drive break and mass file corruption. PS3 number 4 is a slim and so far *fingers crossed* it's still alive.

Luckily my trophy data has only lost me trophies once, certain mid-game trophies in wolverine are now not showing. But the main kick in the teeth was the save data.

I know your pain. Thirteen years ago a similar incident put me off of using third-party memory cards forever for any games I really care about.

Riggy92 said:
MercenaryRaiden said:
Asura's Wrath!

The Lightning DLC is kinda meh to be honest. Better than the Snow one though.

Sadly you're right. I managed to fluke out the fight at level 1, thanks to his first attack being Inferno scaring the crap out of me, whilst also damn near destroying me and making me insanely defensive. Although I must admit I looked on the internet to see if that was it, but sadly it seems I have to grind my way up to max just to see the end. Super :\

Cba with the snow DLC, nor the Sazh one actually. I adored FFXIII-2 entirely though and would be one of the people who would welcome a FFXIII-3.

Playing Monster World Collection (which contains Wonder Boy in Monster Land, Wonder Boy in Monster World and Monster World IV) on my 360 which was newly released on XBLA today.

These are classics from the era of 16-bit. I remember playing Wonder Boy in Monster World and others on the Megadrive when I was younger - so it's great to replay them. Completed that after a good few hours and now onto Monster World IV (which hasn't been released in English before). I appreciate it for having a lead female character who is of ethnic background - but lacks the charm of Monster Boy in Monster World in my opinion!

Well I have Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands and Shadows of the Damned on the way from Lovefilm, also plan on replaying killer7. I hopefully also have Dragon's Dogma heading my way.

Just played the Ridge Racer Unbounded demo. Very disappointed, it is as I feared. I'll pick it up if it drops below £10 just because it is Ridge Racer (in name only though), otherwise I shall not bother. Hopefully Namco will realise their folly and make Ridge Racer 8 like they should have done, instead of giving us this Unbounded nonsense.

Played SOTD and TFS yesterday. Was a little disappointed with TFS, expected it to be more of the same (r.e. Sands of Time trilogy), not a little less of the same. The platforming and combat doesn't flow as well as I'd like it to =/

SOTD is off to a decent start though.

Began my replay of killer7. I hate the speed smile, I didn't realise until many deaths late that you could kill it without hitting its (hard to hit) weak point.

Dragon's Dogma

It's a lot of fun, but you will spend a LOT of the early game getting your **** kicked. Please ALWAYS have a mage with a healing spell on your team and stock up on items before purchasing weapons etc.

Warrior bandits in particular are tough sonsa*****es. Encountered a giant in one of the underground areas and didn't even scratch it. Running really is the best tactic in a lot of the early game. Heck, even wolves are pretty bad when you start out.

Currently playing as a magick archer. Lock-on arrows ftw.

Back