What Games Are You Playing?

Heavy Rain is a great experience, but man, that TWEEST killed it for me.

I finished LA Noire (though will be going back to play the two available DLC cases I've bought) and started The Last Window. Moar mystery/detective games plz.

I've got a growing addiction to Frozen Synapse, feeding an addiction to Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together and am planning on re-starting the original The Witcher after I finally got it running on my system last week, but messed up the start.

RivaOni said:
I've got a growing addiction to Frozen Synapse, feeding an addiction to Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together and am planning on re-starting the original The Witcher after I finally got it running on my system last week, but messed up the start.

Have you ever played R.U.S.E?

Personally i love strategy games, there's a certain art to being able to have a war that can last 2-3 hours long. Most people don't enjoy strategy games though, from what i've seen the current generation of gamers prefer to play games like COD black ops and run around killing each other.

For myself, i do enjoy FPS games and manage to encorp some tactics in it (claymore mining doorways and camping in vantage points across maps so i can snipe people) But generally i like games that take me along time to "win"

Monster hunter series; its not a instant reward. You have to put in hundreds of hours to become the best and even then you won't have the best end game equipment. the further you go up the chains, the harder the game becomes too.

R.U.S.E although the game itself is capped at 60mins per skermish i've managed to sit and play the demo for upto 2 hours before. Very good fun to play.

Civilisation revolution on ps3 - seems that you spend so long building your defences and army to then skip the ages very quickly... your fighting with swords and shields for ages, then a little amount of time to get tanks and planes in it... then you get the nukes and its all over from there. Good fun though.

Advance wars ; also brilliant strategy games :)

Tried RUSE at a friends, I'm not really an RTS kind of guy, if I'm playing an FPS its usually for the story, although Rainbow Six and Team Fortress are generally the exception. Monster Hunter you already know I really quite like.

Got Civ Rev on the 360, although really its my fiances game. Love Advance Wars

Thanks for the advice on Final Fantasy VIII guys. I'm getting it and I'll be playing it after completing Vagrant Story.

Right now I'm playing Fallout: New Vegas and it makes me miserable.

ilmaestro said:
SSFIV: Arcade Edition.

:-/

Annoyed at yet another new version. I'll wait until it is ridiculously cheap before I buy it. I think they could have thought of a better name than 'Arcade Edition' too, but I think I had heard that the SSF4 arcade had some extra characters, so in this instance it does make perfect sense.

What i'm more annoyed about, is the fact weve been given playstation + for 30 days.... and the discounts are for things i doubt many will buy and the free stuff like avatars are few and very far between.

If anything its confirmed my thoughts that playstation + sucks.

But anyway.... playing wipeout HD and infamous aswell as Lost planet 2, monster hunter tri and MH freedom unite.

I went on my US account, and there are loads of free dynamic themes on PS+ there, so I downloaded them all, along with two free PSP games and a PS3 game on the welcome back package. Got Killzone Liberation and LBP-PSP, and Super Stardust HD.

My Japanese account cannot get on the store. Is the Japanese PSN Store up yet?

Completed all the stranger tasks in RDR, did a bit of sharpshooting, tried to do a bounty but I saved a cart on the way which I crashed and then so did the game (I fell and couldn't get up) and on my second try I accidentally shot a civvie and I'm adamant my record remaind 100% perfect. Except that SINGLE HORSE THEFT that you have to do to complete a Seth mission. Damn you Seth. DAMN YOU!!!

Also replaying HL2, I'm at Ravenholm, started trying for the grav-gun only chievo but it was terrible for killing headcrabs so I gave up.

Portal 2 arrives tomorrow. Got it for £20 off amazon.

Mutsumi said:
ilmaestro said:

Annoyed at yet another new version. I'll wait until it is ridiculously cheap before I buy it. I think they could have thought of a better name than 'Arcade Edition' too, but I think I had heard that the SSF4 arcade had some extra characters, so in this instance it does make perfect sense.
Yeah, it is quite literally the changes they made (including the new characters) when they ported SSFIV over to the arcade, so they didn't really have to try too hard with the title. The new iOS version is called SFIV: Volt, though, which is kind of cool.

It's not too expensive imo (a tenner, basically, £20 if you don't have Super yet and want the downloadable version), if you already have Super it will be some time before the disc version of AE becomes cheaper I would have thought.

Bit annoyed they didn't add in new trials for the new characters, though.

ilmaestro said:
Mutsumi said:
ilmaestro said:

Yeah, it is quite literally the changes they made (including the new characters) when they ported SSFIV over to the arcade, so they didn't really have to try too hard with the title. The new iOS version is called SFIV: Volt, though, which is kind of cool.

It's not too expensive imo (a tenner, basically, £20 if you don't have Super yet and want the downloadable version), if you already have Super it will be some time before the disc version of AE becomes cheaper I would have thought.

I must admit, the fact that it was ported to the arcades, rather than from is odd to me, as I grew up with the opposite being the standard. How times change, eh?

I played a bit of Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves this evening, which I downloaded free on PS+. It is basically a standalone Little big Planet game with about 5 levels and a boss fight. The only notable thing is that it uses PS Move features. You need a second player to use the move features to affect the environment, to allow you to proceed through the levels, a little bit like you can do with Gyromite.

Mutsumi said:
ilmaestro said:
Mutsumi said:
ilmaestro said:

I must admit, the fact that it was ported to the arcades, rather than from is odd to me, as I grew up with the opposite being the standard. How times change, eh?
Well, the original SFIV went arcade > home. But yeah, arcades are largely dead now, Sad Times. :(

The Witcher. Now I like to think of myself as a pretty seasoned gamer, and quite how *anyone* has managed to kill "The Beast" (especially on Hard) is entirely beyond me. I have read and attempted at least a dozen different tactics (the fact that I'm even having to read walkthroughs is embarrassing in itself) some of which can be described as inaccurate, at best.

I don't feel challenged any more, I just feel bored. I want to get on with the rest of the game now.

Back