What Games Are You Playing?

Genkina Hito said:
memorium said:
I dusted off my copy of Baldur's Gate about a week ago, I'm currently on chapter four, Gnome Illusionist/Thief FTW!

Oh that title brings back memories of being seriously under-powered when fighting the final boss and getting hacked to death in a few blows.

Isn't that the ice dragon?

I remember playing that game, bought a copy years ago but it refused to work on my ps2 (dirty great big scratch in the disc) had to take it back because it was faulty... never got a new copy. (got refund though)

Playing through LOST PLANET 2 atlast. Its not bad really, the graphics are pretty decent (not on par with some more recent titles but no complaints really) Story looks good, though i can't help but shake the feeling that its trying to restrict me. (T energy keeps going down regardless of getting shot, or not moving or anything)

Grapplehook is fun, took a while to work it all out though.

-Tachi- said:
Genkina Hito said:
memorium said:
I dusted off my copy of Baldur's Gate about a week ago, I'm currently on chapter four, Gnome Illusionist/Thief FTW!

Oh that title brings back memories of being seriously under-powered when fighting the final boss and getting hacked to death in a few blows.

I remember playing that game, bought a copy years ago but it refused to work on my ps2 (dirty great big scratch in the disc) had to take it back because it was faulty... never got a new copy. (got refund though)

Playing through LOST PLANET 2 atlast. Its not bad really, the graphics are pretty decent (not on par with some more recent titles but no complaints really) Story looks good, though i can't help but shake the feeling that its trying to restrict me. (T energy keeps going down regardless of getting shot, or not moving or anything)

Grapplehook is fun, took a while to work it all out though.

Did you play the first one? your teng constantly depletes no matter what, quite why it should in 2 since it's no longer an ice planet raises questions but whatevs.

-Tachi- said:
Nope, never got the chance to play the first one.

But when it runs out do you die? i've never let it go below 2000.

Not sure about two. If you don't know then it sounds like there's a separate health system. In 1 t-eng was also your health because it depleted faster when hit and also was keeping you alive because it's thermal energy on an ice planet you do the...chemistry... So if you run out of it then you'd die. Since LP2 is mostly jungly places (right?) I'm guessing it's not so vital.

With Lost Planet 2 loss of T-Energy doesn't mean much, it just means you can't use certain weapons or whatever, since the posts you activate are what respawn you and keeps you alive.

I've been playing lots of Dragon Age: Origins. Platinumed it the other day, but I'm still starting a new mage for another play through. XD

Ahh, thanks for clearing that all up.

Yet to die so didn't know if the T energy did anything lol.

Anyway, i'm also playing Hogs of war whenever i get a minute, by far the best game for ps1 imo.

I agree with you Jaymii, Bugs & Taz Timebusters was great fun :p managed to get all the power ups but never caught daffy duck. Defo worth picking up if possible.

Old games across the board where alot longer, harder and better then the ones these days, games just aren't made like they used to.

-Tachi- said:
Genkina Hito said:
memorium said:

The final boss in Baldur's Gate is Sarevok.

Found most of the secrets for Halo Reach. I'm going to move onto Achievement hunting in Fallout - New Vegas.

Question. Is Final Fantasy VIII worth purchasing?

Genkina Hito said:
Question. Is Final Fantasy VIII worth purchasing?
Depends on what you expect from it. It's one of the least liked FF games, doesn't mean it's bad by any means but it really is not new player friendly, go into it with an open mind and try to understand the Junction system and you should be good.

FF8 is one of my favourites. The junction system takes a mo to get used to, but allows a lot of tailoring of your character to suit your needs. The big difference was the fact MP was gone, and magic was stocked like items.

Story-wise, FF8 is in my opinion one of the best.

-Tachi- said:
Genkina Hito said:
memorium said:

I remember playing that game, bought a copy years ago but it refused to work on my ps2 (dirty great big scratch in the disc) had to take it back because it was faulty... never got a new copy. (got refund though).
You're thinking of Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, a fairly good hack 'n' slash, but the original PC Baldur's Gate is far superior, both in gameplay mechanics and story, I would recommend picking up the Baldur's Gate boxset which contians all the games, massive bargain for £15, and they're all compatible with Windows 7 as well.

As for Final Fantasy 8, I like the story, but I've never been a big fan of the gameplay mechanics, I feel that they're not as intuitive as the mechanics of other FF games and, once you gain an undertsanding of them, they're quite easy to abuse (i.e. the Junction System).

Ahh, yeah i did wonder why a bald guy was the "end boss" because i remember killing a dragon. after a quick google search i saw it was also a pc game.

Very tempted by that cheap boxset, you said it containts all the games? Does it have dark alliance too? Or just the pc ones?

Going to buy Hogs of war for PC :D just for something to play when bored.

-Tachi- said:
Ahh, yeah i did wonder why a bald guy was the "end boss" because i remember killing a dragon. after a quick google search i saw it was also a pc game.

Very tempted by that cheap boxset, you said it containts all the games? Does it have dark alliance too? Or just the pc ones?

Going to buy Hogs of war for PC :D just for something to play when bored.
Just the PC ones, so Baldur's Gate and it's expansion, and Baldur's Gate 2 and it's expansion (which, to be honest, has so much in it it might as well be a separate game entirely), the DA series was console only I'm afraid

Finished Heavy Rain, really enjoyed it. I only started it yesterday and I seriously couldn't stop playing it, had a lot of gripping/tense moments that compell you to carry on.

My results:

Did the five trials.
Madison found out who the killer was.
Jayden figured it out as well.
Ethan saved Shaun.
Jayden was then killed by Shelby.
Shelby was killed by Lauren Winter.
Ethan, Madison and Shaun live together.

Gonna do things differently on the next playthrough like getting arrested and turn down Madison.

My favourite character was actually Shelby for the longest time until the TWEEST.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mutsumi said:
Lupus said:
My favourite character was actually Shelby for the longest time until the TWEEST.

Agreed. It made the twist hit so much harder.

i highly suspect that they made him the most likeable character for this exact reason. The amount of people who 've spoken to who also say he was their favourite character before the twist is about 90%. (the pervs love madison for certain reasons)

Back