What Games Are You Playing?

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective. (Had it for ages, got right to the end of the game without realising, left it awhile and returned).

This is one which really should receive two overall scores. Like the Ace Attorney series it is inhibited by the game's idea, giving it both a limited scope in its excellent idea and the impossible task of making changes for the better without changing the game completely.

Manipulating objects and using their specific uses to prevent murders four minutes at a time somehow manages to cleverly reinvent itself for its longer than expected running time. The time sensitive moments are also logical and work just how you think they would, never delivering any moments that are illogical or cop outs. Kudos to the developers using the unnatural to feel natural.

As is expected by Shu Takumi the characters and story were fantastic, while the entire cleverness of how everything comes together storywise is only matched by the very best Phoenix Wright cases. With so many 'What on Earth?' moments it seems like the game will run out of ideas and scenarios... but they get better with each chapter.

Character animation is the best I've ever seen in a game, and the soundtrack is an elegant whimsy towards the awe and mystery that constantly never lets go.

The ending was also sublime.

Far better than another Ace Attorney entry, and just as memorable (if not more so).

7/10 for the mind...

Yet 10/10 for the heart.

None really, but this has me sort of excited for some reason...

<object width="560" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BFhBWJ7gKSY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BFhBWJ7gKSY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="349"></embed></object>

Jaymii said:
None really, but this has me sort of excited for some reason...

<object width="560" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BFhBWJ7gKSY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BFhBWJ7gKSY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="349"></embed></object>

I like how the cast is: MACHETE! BUFFY! FREDDY! (and that one guy off the Walking Dead) =P No offence to Rooker, he's one of the more memorable cast members, but he's no big-name draw. Ron Perlman might've been a smarter bet.

"The bone chilling tale, inspired by Valve's Left 4 Dead". If SMG wasn't in it, wouldn't be overly interested.

That said, if it was an actual game rather than just part of CoD I might be actually interested.

ilmaestro said:
"The bone chilling tale, inspired by Valve's Left 4 Dead". If SMG wasn't in it, wouldn't be overly interested.

That said, if it was an actual game rather than just part of CoD I might be actually interested.
Could do with a 360/PS3 Buffy game actually.

Mutsumi said:
Genkina Hito said:
Case West

I hope they release that on PSN soon. DLC exclusivity is annoying.

Is there not another set of DLC on the way too. in which you play through all of Dead Rising 2 as West instead? I'm gonna double check, but i remember the trailer being shown about 2-3 weeks ago.

Arbalest said:
Mutsumi said:
Genkina Hito said:
Case West

Is there not another set of DLC on the way too. in which you play through all of Dead Rising 2 as West instead? I'm gonna double check, but i remember the trailer being shown about 2-3 weeks ago.

It's a full game, not dlc. Dead Rising 2: Off the Record. It's a non-canon version of DR2 as a What if? experience. In this case, What if Frank West was at Fortune City instead of Chuck. I also think Mutsumi meant CAPE West, the Hotel Dusk sequel, not the DR DLC

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Arbalest said:
Mutsumi said:
Genkina Hito said:
Case West

It's a full game, not dlc. Dead Rising 2: Off the Record. It's a non-canon version of DR2 as a What if? experience. In this case, What if Frank West was at Fortune City instead of Chuck. I also think Mutsumi meant CAPE West, the Hotel Dusk sequel, not the DR DLC

You mean Genkina Hito I think, because I definitely meant DR2.

Mutsumi said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:
Arbalest said:
Mutsumi said:
Genkina Hito said:
Case West

You mean Genkina Hito I think, because I definitely meant DR2.

Sorry, I was just going by the last name in the quote =P

Finished No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle.

It completely ignored the twist-ish ending of the first, sure the characters broke the fourth wall and told the player to forget all about it, but such oddness needed a resolution.

And with that it wasn't surprising to find that it wasn't as good as the first. Two steps forward, three steps back best describes it.

Things were quaint, the retro styling still amuses, and there's never been a lead character that's so nasty he's this likable.

Yet it took out many of the odd moments that made the original such a memorable experience. It replayed the glories and jettisoned the original for the familiar.

Still fun, but lacked the strong showing of the first.

Kirsty said:
Dragon age 2.

How is it?

I liked the first game but to plat you had to start all possible characters combinations ( city elf, wood elf, human, noble dwarf, commoner dwarf, magician) and play the 60 odd hours each character to complete the games story.

LONG!

Back