What did you RECEIVE today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
GTO volume 21

And a ransom note from Parcel Force. They're holding a parcel and are demanding that I pay them £24 before they'll deliver it. Heinous fiends!

My good copies of FMA Season 2 from HMV, and one of those "ring up and claim your free gift" cards, which I fell for with it being an Amazon affiliate. I thought I might have actually won something good with it saying "Value over £100". Hotel vouchers apparently, and a free trial of some "savings club" which I will cancel immediately. ¬_¬

ayase said:
My good copies of FMA Season 2 from HMV, and one of those "ring up and claim your free gift" cards, which I fell for with it being an Amazon affiliate. I thought I might have actually won something good with it saying "Value over £100". Hotel vouchers apparently, and a free trial of some "savings club" which I will cancel immediately. ¬_¬

:lol:

You fell for it?

Never belive 'em dude. They're always to good to be true :lol:

Have fun in your "Savings club" ;)

Gundam 00, yay. Now I need to find time to watch it before the discussion period is over.

R

Spyro201 said:
ayase said:
You fell for it?

Never belive 'em dude. They're always to good to be true :lol:

Have fun in your "Savings club" ;)
I usually wouldn't have except it was from IndigoStarfish, Amazon's tax evasion outpost on Jersey and actually addressed to me personally. I thought they might be trying to regain my trust by giving me free stuff after sending me those smashed up FMA boxes, but it's had quite the opposite effect. My trust in Amazon is quickly evaporating.

Volume 2 of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. Just in time for my birthday on Monday! :D

But I thought the postmen were supposed to be on strike from the 25th to the 28th?

Unless they're urinating in the packages or something as a form of protest.
I haven't actually opened the parcel yet, waiting until my birthday.

^ Only striking in Londinium AFAIK. 'Bout time us lot in the provinces got one over on them. :p

Twenty volumes of Urusei Yatsura. Hooray. I'd love to get my hands on the boxes, even if they are just paper/card, since the individual DVDs look rather bland on my shelf. I might thin or double pack them to save space.

Phoenix vol. 5 (I love that series so much!) and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, which had a rather bizarre "From the creators of Spirited Away" sticker on the cover. Pretty sure there's only one guy who's worked at Studio Ghibli that worked on this film so it seems pretty disingenuous but whatever. I also found out that Yoshiyuki Sadamoto is behind the art and designs (I always wondered why they looks so familiar!) which is a massive plus in my book as he's one of my favourites - his Der Mond art book is incredible! :]

Today i got some books...

Hard Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World by Haruki Murakami

An H.P Lovecraft Anthology (My current favourite author, only missing a few of his works now between this and my other books)

CitizenGeek said:
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, which had a rather bizarre "From the creators of Spirited Away" sticker on the cover. Pretty sure there's only one guy who's worked at Studio Ghibli that worked on this film so it seems pretty disingenuous but whatever.
Manga did the exact same thing with Innocence and basically any other title they own which had even the slightest involvement from Ghibli. It's kinda like the advertising they do with projects Tim Burton was even remotely involved in like 9, James and the Giant Peach and Coraline. Judging by some of the marketing people are easily fooled into thinking they are Tim Burton films.

gits2innocencedvduk.jpg

^ It sounds better than "Directed by Mamoru Hosoda, who was at one time going to direct Howl's Moving Castle" I suppose.

Received in the post today...

Anime
Ah my Goddess complete collection
Origin Spirits of the past (Blu Ray)

i got today in the post

Naruto Boxset 5 and 9
2 pairs of work trousers
and a rayman raving rabbids bag -so cute-

i didn't get everything i wanted today i was hoping for something else that should have been here all ready

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back