What did you RECEIVE today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when I said I ordered the GL standard edition of volume 1 from CD-WOW for £11.99 after both Amazon and Play had mispriced the second volume at £7.99? No? Well, whatever - my package arrived today. Here's what I got:

http://img187.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=gl1z.jpg

The extras suck. A tiny plastic drill, a tiny cloth and some other junk. Not the best extras to sell a SE with.

£7.99's still not bad for 9 episodes though right? Gifts on these types of sets are always pretty naff but I would have expected more actual DVD extras though. Just the standard OP/ED and trailers really.

The RRP of the special edition I received is £54.99. Considering all you get is a box, two DVDs in a book like case and awful extras, the RRP is insane.

I'm not complaining when I was expecting just a case with two discs in - £11.99 is a serious bargain for 2/6 DVDs + an art box - but I feel for the people who paid to dollar.

Edit: Just to clarify, I paid £11.99 for what arrived today and have the second volume pre-ordered x2 for £8.

Aion said:
Remember when I said I ordered the GL standard edition from CD-WOW for £11.99 after both Amazon and Play had mispriced the second volume at £7.99? No? Well, whatever - my package arrived today. Here's what I got:

http://img187.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=gl1z.jpg

The extras suck. A tiny plastic drill, a tiny cloth and some other junk. Not the best extras to sell a SE with.
So not content with getting Gundam Wing for £3, you got the GL Special Edition for £12.

Total cost to Aion: £15.
Total cost to ayase: £85.

You know that FUUUUU picture from 4chan? I don't need to post it, but that's what my face looks like right now.

I think I understand all the anger in the Beez topic now. I know Andrew is trying hard to get the prices lowered but that price really is up there.

ayase said:
You know that FUUUUU picture from 4chan? I don't need to post it, but that's what my face looks like right now.
lol!

Today I received Evangelion Platinum 5, 6, & 7 from SecondSpin, thereby finally completing a series I started collecting five years ago. A full artbox is a happy artbox.

That's some patience you have there, Hopeful. Were you at all phased by this year's release of the R1 Gankutsuou thinpak ?

hopeful_monster said:
Zin5ki said:
That's some patience you have there, Hopeful. Were you at all phased by this year's release of the R1 Gankutsuou thinpak ?
Not with the favourable exchange rate i got.
I've got my Gankutsuou set from Oz considerably quick. Within a little more than 2 weeks my set was with me. If you want, I can dig the store for you.

BTW - I've got Planetes yesterday =)

chaos said:
hopeful_monster said:
Zin5ki said:
Not with the favourable exchange rate i got.
I've got my Gankutsuou set from Oz considerably quick. Within a little more than 2 weeks my set was with me. If you want, I can dig the store for you.
It was supposed to be delivered to OZ and brought to this country by relatives in Jan, however it missed the boat (so to speak) and has been waiting over there til one of the cousins came over.

I see. It'd be nice to have contacts in useful places oversees. What with Best Buys and Bargain Bins being abundant in America, getting one's hands on out-of-print R1s would be easier should one have relatives there.

David Bowie - Storytellers arrived today. I loved this show when it was on VH1 and I'm glad they've finally gotten around to releasing it on both CD and DVD. It's also got the greatest version of China Girl ever on it as well as some fascinating stories. These more intimate shows always make more interesting listens than the larger gigs.

Zin5ki said:
I see. It'd be nice to have contacts in useful places oversees. What with Best Buys and Bargain Bins being abundant in America, getting one's hands on out-of-print R1s would be easier should one have relatives there.

I agree.

I've received a 60 quid bill related to import duty for Urusey Yatsura. My friend declared the whole value for insurance purposes, but anyway, I've got the whole series for nearly nothing and I doubt this one would ever be released in here.

Legend of Black Heaven arrived from Right Stuf. The DVDs are housed in a Bailey Box (nothing, I'm sure, to do with a hairy British comedian), a plastic slipcase lined with card artwork on all but one of the sides. It's not as good as a chipboard box, obviously, but it's okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back