What did you RECEIVE today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got Negima vol 22+23 today (love fast deliveries.) :D
Gave me a bag that was twice as big as it needed, with no extra padding to stop the manga sliding/creasing etc... But they were still in perfect condition luckily.

The box does look nice but, assuming the double disc sets all arrive in good condition, I'll be more than happy for under £2.50 per volume.

Only a few parcels today.

SS Box 1:

Tenchi GXP 1-4

SS Box 2:

Desert Punk 2, 4 & 6
Nadia: The Deep Blue Sea (final volume needed)
My Hime 3
Fafner 4

SS Box 3:

GTO: Ultimate Box 2
Mars Daybreak 1 (LE tin)
Basilisk 5 (LE)
Overman Gainer (Japanese volume...)

Play.com Parcel 1: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Play.com Parcel 2: Sega Mega Drive Collection (PS2)

MyMemory Parcel: Baroque

TBD Parcels (4): Nana 3-6

eBay Parcel: Valkyrie Profile (PSP)

---------

I'm VERY happy. My GTO set is new, with all five volumes sealed and even the t-shirt included. Some GXP discs have scratches, and some cases have creasing (the usual), but I'm pleased with what I got for my money. As for the other SS DVDs, all are as new or in very good condition, the only issue being Gainer not being a R1 DVD... but I never cared about it anyway.

As for TBD, aside from a knock to the top of the white spine of one volume, every volume is in as new condition.

My first SecondSpin order, which consists of Sentimental Journey complete collection and Angel Links 1-4, arrived first thing this morning, with all the DVDs in excellent condition.

Also received Irresponsible Captain Tylor remastered OVA box set.

...oh, and I also got a parcel/box by mistake. It was meant for someone else but a seemingly empty parcel from Korea was given to me. I'm afraid to open it.

...Fabio?

It's probably best that you return it to the postman so that he can deliver it to the intended recipient. It might contain viral spores like in that episode of The Simpsons where Homer opens a package sent from south east Asia...

Thanks for the advice, but I was actually wondering if you got the t-shirt for fat people with your GTO box, and if your DVDs were sealed.

fabricatedlunatic said:
looks more like a dress on me

Well, I... uhh... it must be tight, then?

I didn't mean to offend you with my "fat people" comment. I'm fine with people of all shapes and sizes, unless they're women and/or annoying. Don't take it to heart.

It's silly to give t-shirts away when they only fit... err, 'round' people. What's the point of an extra most people can't use? Do the people who thought of including it assume all anime fans are... large?

Aion said:
Well, I... uhh... it must be tight, then?
Er, no. When I say dress I mean long and flowing, not a tight little cocktail number. The two shirts I got with the Eureka Seven boxes are similarly gargantuan. Maybe the average American is a tad larger than the average European?

Aion said:
Some GXP discs have scratches, and some cases have creasing (the usual), but I'm pleased with what I got for my money.

I think the wrinkling of the case plastic must be caused by them overheating the shrink wrap when they re-seal things.

Got my three new books from Amazon today... The World of Warcraft comic, World of Warcraft: War of the Ancients, and Halo: Uprising.

And Ayacon is coming....so no time to read ANY of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back