What did you RECEIVE today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My R1 Mushi-shi singles 1,2 & 4.

In a word, beautiful. Quality card slipcases on every disc with picture sleeves void of any text or logos (and obviously none of my most hated cover-ruining logos of all, those of the ratings boards) underneath. Even the solid artbox had a slipcase over it.

I'd go on another rant about how much better the Yanks have just about everything again, but I'm not sure they do anymore since this was released "back in the day" when anime and the economy were riding high together. They'd probably get the same crappy plastic box set we did a few weeks ago if it was being released again today.

a bag of something for my dad from a garden store

needless to say, soon as we looked inside

well this happened

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gRcj6CAhe7s&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gRcj6CAhe7s&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I received my Black Lagoon: 2nd Barrage box set today. Once again, like with the first set, it arrived in mint condition.

HMV are 100% the way to go when it comes to art boxes. The only way the sets could be damaged in transit is if a spike got put through the package.

ayase said:
They'd probably get the same crappy plastic box set we did a few weeks ago if it was being released again today.
The first collection was two double thinpak cases in a card slipcover, while the new Viridian re-release is one of those single keepcases. Mushi-shi is one show I don't regret buying in singles. Did you get the booklets and postcards?

Today I received Silent Mobius collections 1-3 from SecondSpin. With all my recent orders, shelf space has reached critical mass. If I don't start thin or double packing my DVDs I'll have to stack new arrivals in piles on the floor.

fabricatedlunatic said:
ayase said:
They'd probably get the same crappy plastic box set we did a few weeks ago if it was being released again today.
The first collection was two double thinpak cases in a card slipcover, while the new Viridian re-release is one of those single keepcases. Mushi-shi is one show I don't regret buying in singles. Did you get the booklets and postcards?
All the booklets are present, I'm not sure about postcards. I got one with each of my three volumes, but they say 1,3 & 4 of 8, and with only 6 discs that presumably means two volumes should have had 2? Not that I'm complaining. At £11 it was a steal (quite possibly literally, knowing the location of the sender - but I'll try not to think about that too much).

Aion said:
I received my Black Lagoon: 2nd Barrage box set today. Once again, like with the first set, it arrived in mint condition.
Mine was sent in the post yesterday, so I'm expecting it to come early next week. But dammit! How dare you get it before me! :p (Curse you Play.com!)

A postcard advertisement for a nearby University.

Not as exciting as what you all have, sadly. :roll:

I'm trying to save my money.

Today the postman brought my Gundam 00 Complete Best CD. Sexy packaging and will look nice with my SEED CDs.

R

HMV sent mine on the 10th. They were also fast sending the first set. Sending 2nd Class and still manging to get the set to me 3 days before its official release is pretty ******* good. When it comes to pre-orders, HMV are the king.

---

Today, my luck did a 180, and as ever the bad came from the direction of TBD.

The book - GTO: Early Yeats 1 - is still sealed. But I don't think it's newly printed since, like with all the damaged books TBD have sent me, the top pages have yellowed. However, the real problem is the spine, like always. The bottom left corner is near enough fully white, it having took a nasty knock, the top right is white and slightly pushed in, the bottom right has some white showing through and even the top left has a slight knock, resulting in some white. Also, the front cover has a small dent at the bottom.

Some of the damage may have been done in-transit - I felt around inside the package and bubbles are burst around the damaged corners - but, TBD or not, it seems everytime I order from them there's a 50% chance of getting a damaged book.. nearly 100% when ordering years old stock.

I'm going to complain to TBD (yet again) and then give Amazon, who are more expensive, a shot, ordering volumes 2-3. If I still receive damaged books, I really am out of luck since Amazon and TBD are my only options.

Today I Received...

Anime
Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi complete collection.
Negima!? series 2 part 1.

Manga
The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya Volume 3 GN.

Stratos 4 box set. Surpisingly, it arrived damaged, it having beeen sent only in a plastic bag.

I'm going to reward the seller for his packing abilty by pretending it never arrived - PayPal always refund the buyer in the event of a package going 'missing' if it wasn't sent recorded. I only use this method in circumstances where the item wasn't as described (pirate instead of official) or if the seller attempted to get the item damaged in transit - it's the best way to deal with such issues.

Turning to better news, TBD have offered me a full refund or free replacement for Early Years 1 and Play.com have processed my Planetes return.

Is Stratos 4 good? A friend gave me it free because he was sent a second of it by mistake.

I received Alestorm - Black Sails at Midnight CD+DVD set today. ^_^

Still waiting on Naruto special edition box set #15 with I think an Orochimaru figure & some more of those playing cards they included with the last few sets, & One Piece box sets 1.3 & 1.4. I think I bought Dragonball GT as well, but I cannot remember.

No idea - haven't watched it - and I'd guess the "mistake" was your friend getting one too many £3 box sets.

Naruto: I'd need more than an Orochimaru figure to make up for the content included on the discs.

A catering-size tin of Nescafe and a box of long life cream for the shop. That's much better than drinking that awful, pound-shop Maxwell House black all day.

Just recieved my payslip :) tomorrow my bank account shall be near empty yet again (friends 18th and results day so everyone is heading to town)

considering putting in an order for Shaman king as since watching it in Egypt a week and a half ago i've remembered how much i liked watching it,

Also....considering Higurashi due to many people on here saying i should take a look at it.

Tachi- said:
Also....considering Higurashi due to many people on here saying i should take a look at it.
I'd say go for Higurashi. it entered my list of favourites anime of all time as soon as I was done with it.
Shaman king is nice as well, but the ending (or lack of it) piss me off !

chaos said:
Tachi- said:
I'd say go for Higurashi. it entered my list of favourites anime of all time as soon as I was done with it.
Shaman king is nice as well, but the ending (or lack of it) piss me off !

I also favour the choice of Higurashi ;) Also i say no to the Shaman King anime, really you should just go straight into the manga, there's now an ending to that from what i hear. Plus the manga > anime there's just so much they left out of the show...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back