What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

My experince is they are fine for returns due to damage (although not sure how they do it once it unsealed but I would think its still good if it still in the returns time they alot (14 days??)). Just send pics at the start (which it sounds like you've done) to make the process quicker (the more email reply the more customer service people get in on the action and the more confused they seem to become)

Although the last time I returned some damaged steelbooks, I request replacement and they just ignored that. and buy the time they processed it and sent me a refund they raised/changed the price.
Did manage to get some store credit to what price it was but only for the one steelbook and had to pay postage again. But couldn't be bothered to carry on the conversation/complain any more.
Urgh not feeling confident then. Imo spine damage is the worst as that is the part you will see as it sit's on a bookshelf. If it was creased on one of the other edge's I might have been able to overlook it.

FF0607B4-3B36-4BF0-B182-501124D86083.jpeg
A few more HMV Premium Collection titles including two that I believe are OOP. The Ten Commandments was a cheap find and I intend to shoehorn my UHD steelbook into the sleeve if it fits, likewise with the standard UHD release for Gattaca once I have it.

Yeah had a response from Zavvi. I think I'm stuck with the damaged item. Same experience as @SkwigglesWorth they ignored my ticket and asked me to return it in "pristine condition" which being a damaged item and all...

Don't feel confident in keeping my other 4k pre-orders with Zavvi. Gonna swap to HMV

Yeah had a response from Zavvi. I think I'm stuck with the damaged item. Same experience as @SkwigglesWorth they ignored my ticket and asked me to return it in "pristine condition" which being a damaged item and all...

Don't feel confident in keeping my other 4k pre-orders with Zavvi. Gonna swap to HMV
I order the Drive 4k UHD limited edition from them and all of the corners of the box came smashed in and dented, all they did was offer me a 15% refund for the damages. I wouldn never order from them if it wasn't for the fact they are the only ones that ship outside of the UK unlike HMV

View attachment 25498
A few more HMV Premium Collection titles including two that I believe are OOP. The Ten Commandments was a cheap find and I intend to shoehorn my UHD steelbook into the sleeve if it fits, likewise with the standard UHD release for Gattaca once I have it.
Von Ryan's Express is a great pick up. It is a favourite of mine ever since I was a kid. I have always enjoyed that movie.

Last edited:

Might be worth replying to that message asking "is it possible to still return if I unsealed it and only then noticed the damage".
Going off my previous experinces reply just go to any memeber of there customer service staff, so may get a more helpfull one (although still Zavvi Customer service so, unfortunatly don't get your hopes up)

But yeah Zavvi is not the company for getting you pristine CE or steel books, so I try to only go for Standard edition or really good deals and just hope real hard they don't fail.
Have worked out not to order 4 steelbooks at once though as always come in the card things and never think thats got some weight too it maybe I should tape the the flappy bits of card so stuff can't fall out cause it weight so much.

I order the Drive 4k UHD limited edition from them and all of the corners of the box came smashed in and dented, all they did was offer me a 15% refund for the damages.
I think I have had them try to offer me a partial refund of something like 10-15% before, but I genrally manage to push towards the I would rather return for a replacement. But not sure when this happened so not sure if it is possible now.

Last edited:
Might be worth replying to that message asking "is it possible to still return if I unsealed it and only then noticed the damage".
Going off my previous experinces reply just go to any memeber of there customer service staff, so may get a more helpfull one (although still Zavvi Customer service so, unfortunatly don't get your hopes up)

I think I have had them try to offer me a partial refund of something like 10-15% before, but I genrally manage to push towards the I would rather return for a replacement. But not sure when this happened so not sure if it is possible now.
I would push for a replacement as well but there is no guarantee that it would come in better condition. Knowing how Zavvi ships their products.

Last edited:
Yeah I have already replied querying that. But I'm a bit bummed out by the situation.

I order the Drive 4k UHD limited edition from them and all of the corners of the box came smashed in and dented, all they did was offer me a 15% refund for the damages. I wouldn never order from them if it wasn't for the fact they are the only ones that ship outside of the UK unlike HMV
Oh man that sucks as well. That was such a nice set

Yeah I have already replied querying that. But I'm a bit bummed out by the situation.

Oh man that sucks as well. That was such a nice set
It is a super nice set that was 100% worth every penny, sadly the box got butchered by Zavvi sending in the thinnest carboard box without putting any bubble wraping around it. I would of thought by now that they might of improved there methods of shipment but it seems not. I am just hoping my Get Carter 4K limited edition doesn't meet the same fate that my Drive did.

It is a super nice set that was 100% worth every penny, sadly the box got butchered by Zavvi sending in the thinnest carboard box without putting any bubble wraping around it. I would of thought by now that they might of improved there methods of shipment but it seems not. I am just hoping my Get Carter 4K limited edition doesn't meet the same fate that my Drive did.
I would love to know what Zavvi's rate of product return is. I would have thought the cost of a better shipping policy might outweigh the cost of refunds and replacements. Zavvi could fix it's reputation pretty quickly by not cutting costs in the wrong area. Oh well I can only speculate, I'll stop dragging us off topic now :)

I would love to know what Zavvi's rate of product return is. I would have thought the cost of a better shipping policy might outweigh the cost of refunds and replacements. Zavvi could fix it's reputation pretty quickly by not cutting costs in the wrong area. Oh well I can only speculate, I'll stop dragging us off topic now :)
I'd like to know their rate of parcels missing. Every time I order and it goes through The Huts crappy "tracked" shipping it never arrives.

The old Zavvi lottery. You can either win a completely lost order, a damaged item that you'll need to spend hours chasing up customer service with, or in the rarest case, a brand new item that is in perfect condition.

The old Zavvi lottery. You can either win a completely lost order, a damaged item that you'll need to spend hours chasing up customer service with, or in the rarest case, a brand new item that is in perfect condition.
It can’t be that rare. I have never had an issue with an item from Zavvi.

It can’t be that rare. I have never had an issue with an item from Zavvi.
I'm surprised that you haven't had any issues. I've run into more than one and this is on top of the fact that they don't remove VAT (like MVM and AtA do) and charge US sales tax as well, likely pocketing the VAT charge for themselves.

Last edited:
I received one title in the mail today from a blu-ray.com forum member - I finally got the Limited Edition chipboard boxset of this series to replace the thin cardboard boxset I've had in my collection for many years.

Ga Rei Zero Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD Boxset

I do remember this from long ago, that the box is marked with only a DVD logo on the spine, although it is actually a combo set with both Blu-rays and DVDs and I did verify that when I first unpacked it. More Girls with Sharp Pointy Things!

gareizerole1.jpg

gareizerole2.jpg

Last edited:
Back