What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Got my Cardcaptor Sakura Blu-ray set,
Here it is next to all my other Blu-rays, DVDs and laserdiscs (couldn't be bothered to dig out the vhs tapes though)

Wow, now that's a lot of Magical Girl Moe, lol... That photo looks like my collection of Ghost in the Shell, although mine are all Blu-rays, since I don't read manga and never collected Laserdiscs.

Received Princess Principal today, I had this recommended to me and was please to know MVM did a nice collectors edition, sadly despite MVMs best efforts I also had my lower left corner crushed during shipping just like @Girls with Guns Although I am not certain mine would qualify for a replacement.

View attachment 25456

yeah, that's fairly minor and I doubt it would warrant a replacement. On my box the lower left corner was crushed all the way up to the edge of the smallest gear in that corner, and the bottom and spine at that corner were crushed just as bad, so it was pretty severe... They must have packed them all the same, with that corner of the box pushed into the one corner of the shipping box, and stuffing around the other two sides inside the box, instead of sitting the set in the center of the shipping box and putting stuffing around all four sides. They did have bubble wrap around the set, but it was basically only one or two thin layers and wasn't enough padding around the corners for an item as heavy as this CE set is.

Last edited:
yeah, that's fairly minor and I doubt it would warrant a replacement. On my box the lower left corner was crushed all the way up to the edge of the smallest gear in that corner, so it was pretty severe... I guess they packed them all the same, with that corner of the box pushed into the one corner of the shipping box, and stuffing around the other two sides inside the box. They did have bubble wrap around the set, but it was really only one layer and wasn't quite enough padding for the corners with an item as heavy as this CE set is.
I am actually quite surprised with how bad yours was. I do commend MVM on ad least adding bubble wrapping because some companies aka Zavvi wont even do that, It seems I can only ever rely on AL to me send products without getting it damaged since I have never received any damaged products from them.

I seldom get damaged packages from the UK actually, even though they are shipping all the way to the US. This one was definitely the shippers fault with handling the package though, as the whole one end of the shipping box was completely crushed in, like someone drop-kicked it. I'll have to take a photo of it and attach it here later tonight when I get home from work, lol.

Back