What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

First Prime deals starting to tick in.
domnkn0qfcc91.jpg
Ah nice, I would love to have Shin Godzilla in 4k with english subs (I actually prefer the dub for that movie because of how fast paced it is).

View attachment 25367
My first batch of 2 for £15 HMV The Premium Collection titles arrived this morning. Now to see half of these get UHD announcements in the next few months.
I got to admit these are nicer sets than I was anticipating. I don;t think I would have the heart to upgrade them to UHD :p

Or I would at least frankenstein them by replacing the DVD's with the UHD lol

I got to admit these are nicer sets than I was anticipating. I don;t think I would have the heart to upgrade them to UHD :p

Or I would at least frankenstein them by replacing the DVD's with the UHD lol
Yeah despite the range being out for a number of years this is the first lot I’ve ever owned. There’s a few OOP titles I may get but for now I’m sorted for this 2 for £15 run, and some of the entries have since had UHD releases so I won’t be double (or triple in the case of the Kubrick films) dipping anyways.

My 2nd HMV order came in

View attachment 25366

Ah, Excalibur; still the best movie version of the King Arthur legend. I always think of this movie when I hear Siegfried's Funeral from Wagner's Ring cycle. It's a shame the recording used in Excalibur is exclusive to the long-out-of-print OST, but I did find out a couple of years ago that the movie arrangement is heavily based on the version conducted by Georg Solti, so I ended up buying that as an affordable alternative.

July Batch #05

awqFkggh.jpg

One new release for this batch and it's Ryusuke Hamaguchi's Drive My Car (ドライブ・マイ・カー), the award-winning Japanese film based on Haruki Murakami's short story of the same name (the Korean film Burning was also based on a short story by Murakami for those curious).

This is the UK Blu-ray release from distributor MUBI, and while Criterion are releasing the film in North America this version has the full 2 hour making of documentary on a separate disc.

lQS6rpm.jpg

I finally have Aria the Animation on blu-ray, but I won't ever watch it dubbed considering that I only got through the first few seconds of episode 1 before having to change the audio and subtitle settings since it seems that Nozomi have done a Clannad and not bothered matching the VAs to the correct characters.

1.jpeg
Megalobox 2: Nomad arrived today, all the way from Australia

2.jpg
Back of the box, alongside the UK release of the first season (no way of ignoring they seem very different designs as you would assume).

Also, no large Australian ratings board logo on the release, presumably US stock with a sticker slapped on the plastic wrap around the slipcover.
3.jpg

Also, had this figure arrive yesterday
4.jpg
A 1/7th scale Asuka by Revolve.

View attachment 25371
Megalobox 2: Nomad arrived today, all the way from Australia

View attachment 25372
Back of the box, alongside the UK release of the first season (no way of ignoring they seem very different designs as you would assume).

Also, no large Australian ratings board logo on the release, presumably US stock with a sticker slapped on the plastic wrap around the slipcover.

Also, had this figure arrive yesterday
View attachment 25374
A 1/7th scale Asuka by Revolve.
Most Australian releases these days are just the US or UK version with the Australian age rating logo put either on the shrink wrap or slipcase.

Back