What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Decided to import this while the yen is low, since it looks highly unlikely we'll get a physical release of this anytime soon

LWABox.jpg

LWA.jpg

LWABox1.jpg

LWABox2.jpg

LWABox3.jpg

PACKAGE ARRIVAL
「week midpoint ver.」

What's included?
  • BELLE - 4K UHD + Blu-ray + CD Deluxe Edition
  • The Coma 2: Vicious Sisters (PS4)
  • The Coma 2: Vicious Sisters Trading Card

View attachment 25163
View attachment 25164

View attachment 25171

PACKAGE ARRIVAL
「week midpoint ver.」

What's included?
  • AI: THE SOMNIUM FILES - nirvanA Initiative Collector's Edition (Nintendo Switch)
  • Daemon X Machina Orbital Limited Edition (Nintendo Switch)

IMG_20220708_192625.jpgUntitled22_20220708194833.png
IMG_20220708_191340.jpg
81qTimz8msL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Can’t wait to get these watched tonight, they arrived from cdjapan with a customs fee of £51 so that’s the last time I order in bulk lol. View attachment 25190View attachment 25187View attachment 25188View attachment 25189View attachment 25191
Very nice! Are there English subs with these? I keep thinking about importing these sets as I missed the MVM CE for the first movie here.
Decided to import this while the yen is low, since it looks highly unlikely we'll get a physical release of this anytime soon

LWABox.jpg

LWA.jpg

LWABox1.jpg

LWABox2.jpg

LWABox3.jpg
A real shame that this hasn't been released here (or elsewhere in the West?). It really should fit right in with anime with international appeal like Ghibli's.

Very nice! Are there English subs with these? I keep thinking about importing these sets as I missed the MVM CE for the first movie here.

A real shame that this hasn't been released here (or elsewhere in the West?). It really should fit right in with anime with international appeal like Ghibli's.
Yeah the fate series seems to be English friendly but I think only ubw and zero (2 part sets) and hf. I don’t think the other ones like grand order do so I might get the aoa sets, I’ve just re-read the fate thread and it seems like I should give these a watch on cr first.

Yeah the fate series seems to be English friendly but I think only ubw and zero (2 part sets) and hf. I don’t think the other ones like grand order do so I might get the aoa sets, I’ve just re-read the fate thread and it seems like I should give these a watch on cr first.

Little Witch Academia hasn't been released at all in the West. Netflix holds the rights. The JP version has english subs though.

Fate/Apocrypha (box set), Fate UBW (both the box set and the two part sets), Fate Zero (both the box set and the two part sets), and the Heaven's Feel movies have English subs. The full box set of Fate Zero and UBW include the English dub, while the two part LE sets are sub only.

Little Witch Academia hasn't been released at all in the West. Netflix holds the rights. The JP version has english subs though.

Fate/Apocrypha (box set), Fate UBW (both the box set and the two part sets), Fate Zero (both the box set and the two part sets), and the Heaven's Feel movies have English subs. The full box set of Fate Zero and UBW include the English dub, while the two part LE sets are sub only.
Awesome, thanks for the info guys!

And @Mattrivers95, if you haven't already then I would definitely say to watch the rest of the Fate/Stay Night series and Fate Zero before HF. The first movie in the latter skips a lot of lore at the start which is shared with the other stay night ones, picking up where I assume the routes branch off in the game. It also does have a feel of culmination of the whole story, especially with what I feel are the brilliant opening credits of the third movie.

That’s great thanks for clarifying, I can get the ubw box set then as the 2 part ones are getting pricey.

That’s great thanks for clarifying, I can get the ubw box set then as the 2 part ones are getting pricey.
I just saw the UBW 2 part set with the Animate outer box on Mandarake for 17,000 yen (£104). That's comparable to the price of the box set so that might be the better option, since the outer box is actually quite nice, especially for a collector.

Awesome, thanks for the info guys!

And @Mattrivers95, if you haven't already then I would definitely say to watch the rest of the Fate/Stay Night series and Fate Zero before HF. The first movie in the latter skips a lot of lore at the start which is shared with the other stay night ones, picking up where I assume the routes branch off in the game. It also does have a feel of culmination of the whole story, especially with what I feel are the brilliant opening credits of the third movie.
Thanks, I’ve just finished a rewatch of ubw (I watched this first about a year ago) after finally seeing zero last month, then I began a rewatch of deen stay night a few days ago, that felt like a come down lol but I’m quite fond of it.

I just saw the UBW 2 part set with the Animate outer box on Mandarake for 17,000 yen (£104). That's comparable to the price of the box set so that might be the better option, since the outer box is actually quite nice, especially for a collector.
Oh thanks for the tip, I saw that set last month for well over 30000 yen.

20220709_115038.jpg

20220709_115218.jpg

20220709_115306.jpg

20220709_115348.jpg

20220709_115508.jpg

Stuff that arrived over the last couple of weeks.

Sleep's Dopesmoker in 4xLP green vinyl, Third Man Records' 20th anniversary edition. Next up is Final Light (Perturbator + Cult of Luna's Johannes Persson) in half black/half clear vinyl. Finally Converge's Blood Moon I in weird mixed colors.

Nothing remarkable about Conan (not a bad thing, solid edition).

Belle, which at first glance has the typical Hosoda hallmarks of furry online personas and children, putting me in cynical mode thinking maybe this is where I get off the Hosoda train - then I flip through the booklet and I read "I want the internet to mean freedom for children" (kinda naive, but adorable ideal) and I realize this man will always have my interest thanks to the parental themes, which I heavily identify with 🤷‍♂️ the edition is incredible too, amazing job as always.

And GoT complete which was heavily discounted on Amazon. The 4k editions are too rich for my blood and the fact this one is comprised of mediabooks sealed the deal.

Until next episode 👋

I'm probably going to cave on that soon. It's been years and nothing, which is odd since it's not like this is a a niche series. It's popular, so what on earth are they doing?
Exactly my thoughts with Season 3 seemingly being a smash why no newer season post 1 (especially when shows released in 2021 are getting released by AoA) though I am expecting a complete collection with all the seasons and dubs but that’s probably years away.

Exactly my thoughts with Season 3 seemingly being a smash why no newer season post 1 (especially when shows released in 2021 are getting released by AoA) though I am expecting a complete collection with all the seasons and dubs but that’s probably years away.
Of all things, that would be the last thing I'd expect before a season 2, let alone season 3. I still can't believe there isn't even some standard edition at the very least, even of season 1, but this is apparently all there is. Why? Do they think it won't sell? If they are basing that of this CE's selling rate, surely they must know that an expensive CE won't sell to the common fan.

Is it still sort of embargo or block from the studio or publisher? Which reminds me:
Why won't they release physical editions seeing as their subscriptions are unlikely to be affected by physical releases only favoured but collectors? Reminded me of why we probably don't also have Devilman Crybaby in the West...

Didn't Netflix originate as a DVD rental service? It would bizarre for them to block a physical release of a piece of media that they licensed for streaming.

Is it still sort of embargo or block from the studio or publisher? Which reminds me:

Why won't they release physical editions seeing as their subscriptions are unlikely to be affected by physical releases only favoured but collectors? Reminded me of why we probably don't also have Devilman Crybaby in the West...
I think they still see value in forcing you to subscribe if you want to watch their shows. Physical media is quite niche right now, as much as it sucks as a collector, and we're even seeing Crunchyroll opt not to release some shows on home video. Just look at how many shows are missing physical releases, both as a limited edition and in their "essentials" line.

That's the reason I imported Devilman Crybaby from Japan myself. I see it highly unlikely we'll see it in the West,

So this FINALLY showed up from otaku.co.uk that I preordered and got lost in the post... for 2 months... 🤦‍♂️
Good price but don't think I'll deal with them again.
They seem to have redone their website so you can actually have an account now and you know 'track your order' but on the downside all their prices have doubled or trippled 😱
I got both Food Wars s4 for £35 and s5 for £25 and theyre both now nearly £70 each
20220710_140634.jpg

And from the 101films sale (it's a bit crazy but very good)
20220710_140831.jpg

Back