What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

July Batch #01

The first day of the month and we have two items.

pCRPpkwh.jpg

7bX7YcIh.jpg

First we have Haibane Renmei from MVM Entertainment. This is the Blu-ray collector's edition set they put out earlier in the year. Pretty much the same design that Paranoia Agent received. You can view more photos & specs on my blog.

narEi02h.jpg

QcTZVpWh.jpg

Next we have Failure Frame light novel volume 2, which I had to re-order because Amazon lost it somehow. This time I ordered it through Blackwells.

I took the pictures and then completely forgot to post 'em over the last 2 weeks. 😂

#01: Three books from UP1 and Kaisen Blu-Ray from Anime Limited's store. Gave up on Cheeky Brat with this volume - space is limited and it hasn't wowed me in the first 3 vols.

IMG_20220528_102432_527.jpg

#02: Eight books from UP1. Shame that Seven Seas messed up the translation of Childhood Friend, but the others were really good reads. Last Chainsaw Man was especially good.

IMG_20220610_135221_745.jpg

#03:
IMG_20220610_135243_796.jpg

Continued from above.

#04: Tanjiro plush from our local Waterstones. Random find, but too good to pass up. The Hanako-kun cover was from eBay.
20220530_185413.jpg

#05: More books and stuff from UP1. Last Wotakoi and other ongoing shonens.

IMG_20220618_165520_258.jpg

#06: Latest set of stuff from... UP1 again. Two Blu-Rays and three books. The Uramichi Oniisan had a slip, but I don't really like 'em. Case is also different to the usual Funimation ones - dunno if that's cos they are now Crunchyroll. 🤷 Surprised at how close to Japan the Bungo volume is too. Got more Bungo on the way for next week. 😅
20220702_130054.jpg

I received two orders shipped in one package from Rightstuf today - one order from May and one from June, which included 5 Discotek titles and 3 GKids/Shinkai titles. So freakin' happy Holmes of Kyoto got a Blu-ray release! Aquarion I vaguely remember watching on Netflix way back when I first got into anime around 2011; all I remember was the orgasmic linkup of the pilots to the Aquarion, and for some reason those images stuck with me, lol. Even more memorable than the Darling in the Franxx driving positions, haha. So, I decided to grab the cheap DVD for the series:

Holmes of Kyoto (#973)
Cyber City Oedo 808 Remastered Steelbook
Violence Jack
Crusher Joe OVA Series
Crusher Joe The Movie
5 Centimeters Per Second
The Place Promised In Our Early Days
Children Who Chase Lost Voices
Obsolete
Aquarion Complete Series Essentials

discotekshinkai.jpg

Last edited: